I dont know where to turn?!

B

baby.love

Hi girls i do warn this could be a bit long and drawn out so please bare with me....

My son Ethan will be 3 in december and i am getting really worried about him. First of all his speech is a bit concerning! he copies most words but cannot put them together for even the smallest sentence.. Now maybe i am being over worried but he starts pre school monday and i am so worried no one will know what he means...Also i am starting to worry about ADHD, it runs in my DH's family(his brother has it) and we are suspecting my DH himself actually has it, He shows lots of signs of it but due to being 28 i dont know if he could of been diagnosed as a kid.
Ethan does not sit still for 2 minutes and is always hyper...I mean for around 12 hours a day non stop, he is always climbing and running. He also gets overly excited for no reason at all and screams with pure joy at the most simple things. He is always fidgeting and will not sit and do a simple task with me for more than 2 minutes(flash cards for example) he will just get up and start bouncing up and down or run off and ignore me. Then there are the tantrums! he will have a total hissy if nothing goes his way, he will throw things about and just scream...His temper really is terrible. I mean beyond terrible 2's!
My life really is non stop running around after Ethan as given the chance he will climb out of the front room window and leg it,,,get out the dog flap and run about in the yard or just climb on a table and hurt himself.
My daughter(from a different dad) was totally different at Ethans age and alot calmer but still a typical happy child, but Ethan just seems really hard work...I adore him for who he is and would never change him but i am really worried for his sake more than anything.

I know if he has got it that no one will take me seriously until he is 5! but what am i supposed to do until then? Please would anyone who has gone through this give me some advice as i am so worried about what to do next. Thanks so much in advance Leah x

:thumbup:i av a 6 yr old daughter holly who doesnt sit still either av been t the hv wi er n she said holly was fine. just very active. hv said t try t ignore er.i wouldnt worry 2 much about ur little 1s speech if the school thinks its necessary they will refer him t a speech therapist cos thats wat they did with holly but t be honnest my 2 yr old robyn starts nursery in jan n she cant talk properly yet so try not t worry

Can you ask health visitor to get him checked out? They are normally so good.

Some children just develop speach/sentances after others. Is he around any older kids i.e. 4 or 5 year olds.
My daughter 3, shes learns more from her 4/5 year old friends at nursery than shes ever learnt from me... she improved no end when i took her to nursery at 2 and a half..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->