I dont like consultants :(

ShadowSeer

Mummy to Savannah.
Reaction score
I went to see my consultant Wednesday, and everything with me and my heart is perfectly fine. No change to blood presure, the hole in my Aorta....its all 'normal' (for me anyway).

So I ask when I will get to hear the baby's heartbeat, and have all the usual checks for the BABY. She said because I am consultant led, the baby 'doesnt matter' and that the only important thing is making sure I survive the pregnancy. I really pissed off. I really want to know if my baby is ok, and I have no way of knowing. I might not even get an anomaly scan, but my midwife who I saw at 8 weeks is going to push it so I hopfully I do....

Has anyone had any problems like this, where medical staff/consultants are only worried about you rather then the baby? xx

P.s. Not been online for AGES! Home internet sucks atm.xxxx.

i dont have experience with this situation but didnt want to read and run. i cant see why dont you get an anomaly scan just because you have medical issues? i understand you are their priority but surely they can look aftr the baby too?? i would be pissed off if i was you, sounds like your midwife is quite sympathetic, would she help? hope it all gets sorted

Your consultant sounds like she has no bed side manner. Can you change to a different consultant? Speak to your midwife. I know at my Women & Children's we have four different consultants - you may have more than one to choose from too.

X x

How rude!! Obviously you will have to make sure you are ok but surely your babys health does matter too. Thats like saying baby has problems but they dont check your health as you dont matter.
I really hope you get a scan, is there any reason medically you cannot have one?

Ive seen a few consultants, I always find them a bit pompous (sp?) and up themselves. hopefully your midwife can sort it for you xxx

Ahh thats a terrible thing to say to you!!!

I dont see why they shouldnt give you a scan anyway? Maybe ask to switch to another Consultant? I had my appointment to meet mine last week, and she wasnt even there, booked a days leave apparently (hoping she doesnt do the same when I go into labour!! LOL)

Aww I hope you get it sorted, sure she didnt mean it to come out like that and she does just have a rubbish BS manner! :hugs: xx

I have this - I have to see the consultants before I go for Ultrasounds etc. There main concern is me and they'll leave the 'baby' stuff to the other clinic.

I do hate the negativity of these people. I had my first appointment with them at 12 weeks and they basically said I would get Obstetric Cholestatis and would have a premature birth and that my spleen could rupture in third tri (I have an enlarged spleen and they worry there just won't be any room for it). :shock:

I walked out not wanting to see them again!

I would absolutly love to change consultants, but no other person in the country will touch me as apparently my condition is 'unheard of'! No one knows anything about it, and no one has ever been pregnant and had the same problems...So my consultant is the only person who bothers.

Im certainly gonna fight for a 2nd scan. If they still refuse, I will go for a prvate scan and send them the bill :p

I would absolutly love to change consultants, but no other person in the country will touch me as apparently my condition is 'unheard of'! No one knows anything about it, and no one has ever been pregnant and had the same problems...So my consultant is the only person who bothers.

Im certainly gonna fight for a 2nd scan. If they still refuse, I will go for a prvate scan and send them the bill :p

Wow you are pretty special then! Even so, they should still give you the ultrasound, unless there is a hardcore medical reason for it!!!

Good luck with it all..... maybe consultant IS just rubbish at relaying info and really didnt mean to say what she did!? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->