I Don't Want A Baby Shower

N

N1kki

I don't want a baby shower i just want to reach my birth,Am i being selfish or am i not the only one whose not bothered?:shrug:

I dont want a bay shower before little one gets here either,just dont appeal to me

but I will be having a welcome to the baby get together for all my family so that they can get to meet little one and we put on some food just as a thank you for all the support that they have given/will give us and all the lovely presents that I know little one will be given,just like my last two....

you don't have to have a baby shower its your choice - if anybody makes a fuss then just go out for lunch with girls or something?

i'm having one as mum has organzed and done it, but wouldn't have minded if i didn't have one it's not a huge deal :)

They're not really done as standard here, but I did have a couple of people offer to throw me one.

Tbh, it's my idea of a nightmare. I don't think I could deal with everyone commenting on the size of my bump, or offering advice or telling me their own labour stories. It's fine in small doses, but a room full of people all doing it would be awful.

My SIL wants to hold one but I'd really rather not. I didnt have one last time and dont feel I missed out. I cant be bothered with the hassle!

I absolutely did not want one. I HATE being the center of attention and tbh I always thought the little games and stuff were just so dumb.

I got pressured into one and actually ended up being glad I had it. My best friend threw it and she did it without games and stuff! It was very relaxed and I got so much stuff. The gift cards helped so much with buying things for LO. When I look at how much money it has saved us, I am grateful to have had one.

Everyone's different though. If you don't want one, don't do it. In my opinion, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though.

I wasn't really bothered about one either. I always said I would never throw myself one as I kind of feel like a bit awkward and feel like people will feel obliged to buy things. My friends offered to do something but I wasn't too bothered. And I think they would rather come and see me when the baby is ehre and at least then if they want to buy anything then they will know whether to go down the pink or blue route!

My work colleagues got me a lot of nice bits for baby and me and some vouchers and treated me to lunch yesterday for my last day at work, so I guess a kind of mini-shower, which was lovely.

Your definately not selfish for not wanting one though. People will love just coming to see you when bubs is here I'm sure :) x

I'm going out to lunch with the girls but have said that it is not a shower and they are not expected to buy gifts. I just want a relaxed food fest before life changes foreeeeeevvvvvveeeerrrr! :baby:

I think they're a bit cheeky tbh! It's just basically inviting people to a party and expecting presents!!!!

I'm not American so didn't even consider one? I don't even think anyone even mentioned the possibility of one to me either!

I am not really bothered either, but i think im having something organised anyway - nevermind !

I'm not having one. When I was getting married, I told my friends I didn't want a bridal shower so maybe they can throw me a baby shower when the time comes, but once I was pregnant I realized how much I dislike the idea of a shower. Don't really like the idea of a party specifically created to get presents, personally.

I don't want one and am not even considering it...was the same when I got married....no presents, just your presence!!! I did expect them to get to Andalucia though!!! xx

Baby showers are a bit naff, but I had one lol and I have to say it was really good fun and really lifted my spirits and its what I needed. For me it wasn't about the presents it was seeing my friends and having a good time and having a party at my house.

I just wanted to say throwing yourself a shower is not in good taste - they are supposed to be thrown for you! I find thats sometimes a miscommunication between US/Canada girls and the Uk girls. i know they are not as common in the UK.

I have been to a dozen baby showers in my life (friends, coworkers, family)... They are a fun way to get the girls together for an afternoon. So after going to showers for all my friends and family why would i not want one?

My best friend is throwing mine, she only told me the date so i didn't make other plans... other than that i don't know who's on the guest list, what were gonna eat or drink or what games they are gonna play.

I agree with readynwilling. Baby showers are thrown FOR you and not BY you as far as I understand, so most people I know didn't really have much of a choice! :)

I have been to lots of showers, thrown a surprise one myself (she had so much fun!), and even though I hate being the center of attention myself, I look forward to someone throwing me one because many of my friends either live in other towns or are busy with school and work, so I hardly ever get to see them and a day with them sounds like fun, even if they are stupid games, haha.

Also, it isn't considered rude or "asking for presents" here (as far as I know) because everyone usually has one and has been to some at some point in their life and given presents, so I guess it just ends up being even in the end, as far as getting/giving presents.

My sister and best friend arranged mine and I'm so glad they did now, even though I was so against it. I really recommend it and I don't think its like asking for gifts because I think people love coming to a party and love buying cute baby things anyway.

I do not want one either! I also do not want to be the centre of attention and the idea of it seems exhausting at this point. I am not opposed to a dinner so my family can meet the baby afterwards. Also, I do not want to recieve lame clothing that I would feel obliged to dress my baby in. lol! Is that mean? Dinner is fine and more than enough!

Showers are definitely more of a US thing, and you don't plan one yourself. It is most often a surprise which people throw for you. It is just something to celebrate before the baby and get gifts, quite fun if you ask me but then again i think it is more of an American thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->