I feel I could never have sex again and that would be ok. You?

Kelly M

Reaction score
After having my first baby 6 weeks ago I'm still healing but not remotely interested in sex. I feel like I could go without it forever and be perfectly ok with that. It bugs me, and I feel bad for dh because I'm not in the mood at all, ever anymore. I'm so tired and if I ever have free time I just want to go to bed, have "me" time, or have a good conversation with dh. Sex is the last thing on my mind. I WANT to be interested but I'm just not. Does anyone else feel this way? Will my sex drive ever come back?

Haha meee, I feel this way and I'm 9 months PP! I haven't been in the mood once since giving birth and it usually just happens as a "Well it's been a while so I guess we should do it" kind of thing.

From what I hear it's very much related to breastfeeding. Fingers crossed things go back to normal!

Yeah, I'm with ya! I am soooo not into it, I'd rather sleep if I have that kind of time at night, lol!

Last time I had sex was the day Daisy was conceived (14th September 2011). Havent had sex since and dont intend to in a hurry either. I have zero sex drive. x

I'm the same. I think part of it stems from a fear of it hurting and it being 'looser' down there than before. I'm worried its only going to get worse and ill never want to dtd again lol.

Haha meee, I feel this way and I'm 9 months PP! I haven't been in the mood once since giving birth and it usually just happens as a "Well it's been a while so I guess we should do it" kind of thing.

From what I hear it's very much related to breastfeeding. Fingers crossed things go back to normal!

I didnt know this was linked to BF....

I have NO desire AT ALL....

I just cant be bothered and have no desire to try it... I feel really bad for hubby...

He mentioned it for the first time tonight... he "jokingly" said that "how are we ever going to have a baby two if we dont do it!"... ummmmmmmmmmm he maybe getting frustrated...

I know I should maybe give in for his sake but the idea of doing it makes me shudder... honestly like you couldnt care less if I never did it again...

xxx

Me too. I think OH is getting a bit annoyed about it :shrug: I just dont want to. The thought actually creeps me out which is really weird.

Yep when hubby brings it up I get super annoyed because I have no desire to dtd at all. I do feel bad that he isn't getting to do it, but I just have no desire. At. All. Lol

I think it may be a hormone thing? We probably underestimate how long it actually takes for our hormones to balance out again after pregnancy and childbirth. We carried life for 9 months and then had to bring that life into the world, surely that takes its toll both physically and mentally and our main focus after that is obviously going to be our babies. Sex is naturally going to be pretty far down the list of priorities and I don't think it's right that we do it when we're not ready just to keep our oh's happy.

It does my lo is 8 weeks old and I had sex for the first time when he was 7 weeks. It wasn't uncomfortable either you will eventually. Don't worry I'm sure your husband will understand if you talk to him x

I'm the total opposite, pestering my poor tired husband! I started formula after a month, so maybe my hormone levels came back? It's so much better now because I had spd in pregnancy and I healed second degree tear fast after labour.

I felt like that too. It is bfing related. I felt bad for dh. We still did it though. But a few weeks ago my sex drive started coming back. And what do you know 2-3 weeks later I got my first pp period. At 3 months postpartum. So probably when you get your cycle back it will return. I'm still breastfeeding so I don't feel like sex everyday like I used to. But I fancy it 2-3 times a week and that's what we're at now.
It will get better!

F no! I pestered my dr to let me DTD before 6 weeks post partum after my emcs. He said I could do it at 5 if my incision was fine lol. I've always been a hornball though...

my sex drive was low anyway but snce concievng LO weve had sex about three times. its pretty bad! but meh...

you definatley arent alone

oh and i FF so thats that excuse out the window haha

Sorry to say this, but 8 months on & I'm still feeling how you do right now. It wouldn't bother me if I never had sex again! :(

When LO was born, my OH was so helpful I couldn't wait to have a bit of rumpy bumpy! But now I can't think of anything worse!! Doesn't help that my OH is so flipping moody from working... But then expects me to be up for it after he's just spoke to me like dirt?! I could happily never do it again!

it's not all due to BF as i stopped at 8-9 weeks and i've still got zero drive. i have a real aversion to being touched now, by anyone really

That's how I felt after my first. No joke, it took like 2 YEARS to get my "drive" back. We DTD after my 6 week check and then I wouldn't let DH touch me for months and months, he was actually getting pretty upset. Just the thought of it actually grossed me out. Even after I finally got over finding it gross lol I thought I'd NEVER actually want to have sex ever again and only did enough to keep him from going postal lol. After this lo though, I was back to normal right away.

EDT: I just saw the talk about it being bfing related - nope, it's not. I never bf'd my ds and this lo I did for 3 weeks.

That feeling lasted about 2 months for me and now it's my OH that doesn't want to! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->