I feel like I don't know who or what to listen to

isaiahfaith

Reaction score
I am a bit of an anxious person to begin with. Mix that with pregnancy hormones and a subchorionic bleed and you have one crazy mama. So, I occasionally do some reading on groups about the hematoma situation and scare myself sh%tless whenever I see that someone miscarried or went into preterm labor or had a stillbirth and they think it was because of the bleed. A lot of people say the risk of problems increases with this, yet I have asked my OB and she said I am at no greater risk for miscarriage, ptl, pprom etc. She said if I was going to miscarry it would have already happened with this thing and that I am definitely in the group that should continue on to have a good pregnancy because baby looked good at 8 weeks. So why can't I believe her? I continue to be paranoid that she says it to make me feel better, since I have read horror stories on the Internet. My hubby reminds me that she said all this and that I should stop applying other people's situations to my case since every case can be so different. He is right but I am so flippin scared this pregnancy, I feel like a total whacko. Common sense should tell me it will be okay... even my doctor said so and the hematoma is not near the baby and is tiny according to her..yet I obsess. You are all going to think I am so pathetic. But I feel like I am going crazy over this... as you can tell my first tri hormones really are known to screw me up :( sorry for the rant. I really need advice on chilling out and really putting things in God's hands.

First off congrats on your pregnancy !! :)
Second stop googling !!! It will only make you more paranoid than anything else, I didn't have a hematoma but I had a horrible bleed at 8+5 which I though was the end of my pregnancy I googled everything about it and it always came back as bad things happening. After my dr saw a healthy bean she told me everything was fine but I kept googling scaring myself finally decided to leave it in Gods hands and just enjoy that am pregnant(easier said than done I know) but everything has been going great so far

Listen to your hubby your situation is dif from others and if your dr is not worried believe it and enjoy it Hun time flies and before you know you'll be holding your little baby

I know exactly how you feel hun! I had a bleed (red) at 9+1 (at this point, not sure why) and have been spotting brown on and off ever since. Saw a healthy baby at 8+2 and 9+1. Hormone levels are right where they should be and even went up after the initial bleed so my doctor is not too concerned. Just keeps telling me that some people bleed during pregnancy. I, on the other hand, can't stop worrying about it and having a very hard time not thinking about it. I have my first visit with the OB later this week so am hoping she can put my mind at ease a little bit.

Anyway, I haven't got much advice about how to relax, except to try and take it one day, and one moment, at a time; but I am having a very hard time doing that myself. I'll be stalking to see if anyone else has some good ideas :)

Step away from google! I've had a haemotomia back at the beginning of this year. I am now 9+5 weeks pregnant and had no problems what so ever and when I mentioned my haemotoma to my MW she wasn't concerned at all about it affecting my pregnancy. It was a one off thing.

So relax and enjoy your pregnancy. :)

I agree with everyone, although easier said than done...relax!

I had a bleed while on vacation at 8.5 weeks preg (this was on a Wednesday). I was making lunch in the kitchen and felt a small gush and at first thought nothing of it (when I was pregnant with my son, I remember having quite a bit of discharge - leukorrhea), but when I went to the bathroom maybe 5 min later it was bright red blood that went through my bathing suit bottoms to my shorts. I thought...omg...is this really happening while I am on vacation?! Called the Dr and explained what happened, and they said to go to the ER or clinic to get checked out, but if I am miscarrying, nothing can be done. Where we were staying was about 2+hrs from any kind of clinic or hospital, so after I called my husband we both agreed to save the gas and hospital bill and wait till I got home that Monday (didn't want to go through all that time and trouble for them to just say 'sorry').

Well after that small gush, I had nothing but light brown discharge for the rest of the day, then some more red discharge throughout Thursday, but fairly light...just enough to wear a liner. Went to the Dr on Monday and baby was doing great, growing with a strong heartbeat, but I was told I had a Subchorionic Bleed. Dr said to take it easy, pretty much pelvic rest, to be bleeding free for at least a week, then I could continue normal activity.Even though I was told that, I still googled other people's experiences and it scared the hell out of me! lol I am very active, and to see others posting about their bed rests and miscarriages made me so scared that I was going to be a veg for my entire pregnancy. lol I finally convinced myself to stop reading and listen to my Dr and her recommendations. your Dr is who knows your info/story and what you are going through! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->