I feel like I'm flying...anyone else??

bluebell

Proud Mummy :)
Reaction score
Since I had Jay last week I feel like I'm absolutely flying!! I have such an adrenaline rush and seem to have a million and one things going on in my head at any one time!!

I'm definately starting to feel a little bit calmer than I did a week ago, but still find myself having moments during the day when I'm talking at a million miles and start the next conversation before I've finished the last :rofl:

I'm assuming this could be due to my hormones and extreme lack of sleep (averaging 3 hrs a night) and so my body has gone into overdrive to keep me going so that LO gets everything he needs when he needs it (like a practically constant 6 hour feed two nights ago :shock:) . Also I am aware I'd prefer to be exciteable and happy than sad and cying all the time. At the moment I don't seem to be suffering from the baby blues, I'm at the opposite end of the mood spectrum :lol:

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this (or am I on my own :lol:) and if so how long was it until you felt grounded again?

xx

You just wait untill the adreneline rush wares off. Mine went at 4 weeks. I felt like I was going to collapse from sleep deprivation. :rofl:

You just wait untill the adreneline rush wares off. Mine went at 4 weeks. I felt like I was going to collapse from sleep deprivation. :rofl:

It's reassuring to know that others have experienced the same, I didn't know it is normal or not :shrug:

Another 4 weeks, my god I'm gonna drive everyone (including myself) insane with my babble :rofl:

I already feel shattered, so god only knows how I'll feel when this mad rush disappears...I used to have about nine hours a night sleep and I love my bed :sleep: Since last Wednesday I reckon I've had about 25 hours sleep MAX :shock: It's crazy how you just keep on going...

xx

I know you probably don't want to, and you've probably been told this before, but you really should sleep when he sleeps!

I know you probably don't want to, and you've probably been told this before, but you really should sleep when he sleeps!

Cheers hun :hug: I have been told the theory, it's just putting it into practice that is hard :rofl: I know the tiredness will catch up with me at some point (and I'm dreading it :lol:)!!

xx

Oh my god! I'm still feeling this adrenaline rush! It's starting to wear off,but for the first 2 weeks I had lots of energy! And this huge grin on my face 24/7! :D

The thing is that after these few weeks they get over the so-called newborn coma,they stop being asleep for so long and then you get very tired.
So get as much sleep as you can hun!

Oh my god! I'm still feeling this adrenaline rush! It's starting to wear off,but for the first 2 weeks I had lots of energy! And this huge grin on my face 24/7! :D

The thing is that after these few weeks they get over the so-called newborn coma,they stop being asleep for so long and then you get very tired.
So get as much sleep as you can hun!

I honestly feel so much better knowing that other new mums feel the same :) and I know what you mean about the huge grin, I literally couldn't be any happier or prouder at the mo :headspin:

I'm going to try much harder to nap in the days!! I seem to be constantly pottering whenever Jay goes down. I think it's because he came a few days early so I had some jobs that I wanted to get done...but I have to keep reminding myself that sleeping is more important!! :sleep:

xx

I havent to be honest..... was in a daze for a while and then have been up and down since. definately not on a high though sadly.

I had this too, but its gone now!!! It was so surreal, I got home from hospital when Ben was 12 hours old, and immediately started doing washing, ironing and hoovering. Suddenly I stopped and thought, what the hell am I doing :rofl:

The next day I was in asda, and the next day after that I took both kids to softplay.

However Ben got the cold during the week and since then I have had NO sleep, so I have to say I have come crashing down now!!!!!

You know what? I think it is lack of sleep... I used to work night shifts from 11pm-7am and by the time I got home, I was pumped, ready to party, lol... my mom asked me if I was drunk one time :rofl: I seriously used to talk like a mile a minute, kinda like you do when your buzzed.

I had this too, but its gone now!!! It was so surreal, I got home from hospital when Ben was 12 hours old, and immediately started doing washing, ironing and hoovering. Suddenly I stopped and thought, what the hell am I doing :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: I have to keep checking myself - why am I running around like a lunatic when all I really need to do is make sure LO is OK and get as much sleep as possible!!

I had a whole 5 1/2 hours last night of broken sleep - I feel like a new woman :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->