I feel really guilty

1st_timer

Pregnant with number 1!
Reaction score
I have done something REALLY stupid and now I feel really guilty. :dohh::dohh:

I gave up my job at the end of November (last day I worked was 20th November) to start my new career as a teacher (which I started on 1st December).

Having skimmed the SMP and MA notes I read that I had to be employed by the smae employer etc etc upto 15 weeks. I then stupidly didn't read the bit about changing employers. So I just assumed that as I was changing jobs I wouldn't qualify for SMP.

So I start filling out my MA claim form, and read all the notes in detail only to discover that had I carried on working at my previous job until 30th November rather than have a week off I would have qualified for SMP. Or had I not allowed the midwife to put my EDD back from 5th March to the 15th March (which there is no real need for her to do as it's less than 2 weeks) I would also still have got SMP which would have meant 6 weeks at 90% of my pay.

As a result of this stupidity I have cost myself and my DH about £2k. I feel so bad and so guilty. He's being really sweet about it but if I were him I would be so pissed off.

I am so stupid.

Sorry to rant but I had to share.

Do you think if I asked my Midwife to redo my Mat1B form based on my edd calculated using my LMP dates she would? Its 10 days and would make the difference xx

awww what a lovely hubby you have.
worth a try, let us know how you get on x

Yes he is lovely..

I think I'll give the M/W team a call when I get home and ask what they think. They'll probably say no but at least I'll have asked and maybe I'll feel a little less guilty

xxx

Sending you hugs :hugs: Try not to feel guilty - we all make mistakes.

I would ask your midwife anyway. You never know and all they can say is no :hugs: xx

Aww, no sense beating yourself up over what's done. It can't hurt to ask your midwife to make the change for you, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->