I forget how young i am sometimes

lauren loo

Reaction score
Having kids makes you grow up. And it just hit me im 21 married,have a beautiful son,and a baby on the way. Its crazy,i would have never imagined my life to be like this a few years ago,but i dont regret it. Just forget im so young,i see other women my age and i feel theyre immature. Anyone else been like this?

I haven't had a baby yet but I'm also young (20) and it's weird how I feel i'm living such a different life to people of my age. E.g. constantly hanging round with friends and going out and drinking. I have so very little in common with my friends now!

I haven't had a baby yet but I'm also young (20) and it's weird how I feel i'm living such a different life to people of my age. E.g. constantly hanging round with friends and going out and drinking. I have so very little in common with my friends now!

Yeah i was 19 when i had my first,and ive never really been into drinking or partying...i think the only partys i went to back then were birthday partys and the people parents were there while we ate pizza and drank soda. But my husband(feels weird saying that lol got married a week ago)...his life was a party,so seeing him go through a maturity stage while his friends stayed back was rough. My hubby didnt understand why he couldnt go out like them,but now he does. And some of them now understand what its like to be a parent themselves.

Im just jealous when i hear my friends are going to the movies,late at night and i cant go because im laying my son down to bed. Or they go on vacation for a week to the beach and i look down and see my tummy fat and stretch marks. We live life differnt everyday,and our lives now revolve around our children. Not that its a bad thing. I planned my pregnancy so i knew "somewhat" what i was getting into. Like i said i just gotta remind myself to be young sometimes.

Sorry for the long post

i am 18 just got married on tuesday and will have my first baby soon, and live in my own house with my husband i feel really old sometimes lol but i regret nothing lol x

I got married at 19, just not having our first child and will be almost 22 when he gets here. I don't feel young, even though I am compared to a lot of new moms. My husband is 29 and will be 30 a couple months after our son arrives. We met when I was 17 and moved in together after high school when I was 18. I don't have regrets, I love my life the way it is.

I feel the same really. im 20 & feel sooo old

oh god use are makin me feel ancient! im 25 with a 1 year old and none of my friends have babies they still live at home n dont have cares whereas as a mum your family and home is priority!

i wouldnt change it for the world! before dd arrived i was a mess! not eating, just drinking spending money on alcohol i was a disgrace and as soon as i got pregnant it was like bam your gona be a mum!

nowadays im lookin up new cushions and throws for the living room rather than a new fur coat (all my friends gettin new coats to go to amsterdam next week!!!) x

Ahh I am 25, so only a few years older than you all and I feel old sometimes too. I had the whole "party and university" thing, and never really felt that it was... me. Now I own a house with my boyfriend, we have our "fur" babies and a real baby on the way and I can't help but to feel that this is what life is all about. The advantage of being young is when we are in our 40's our kids will be grown, we will be mortgage and debt free, and have more vacation time at our workplace. And 40 is still young! So we can travel and our kids will be watching our house, while our peers are chasing their 10 year olds around the house :)
This means we also get more time with our children than our peers, and our grandchildren. Plus, all the vacations in the world won't matter when we are on our death beds surrounded by family and love.
There are pros and cons to everything... maybe set a night to have a date to dinner and a late movie? Sometimes when funds are tight I set aside a few dollars every week until we have enough to go. Gives me something to look forward to :)

I love this thread.
I'm also 25,I'm pregnant with my 1st.
Honestly I always planned to have a baby wen I turned 25 if everything was going ok,n it sort of is.
OH just turned 36 on 11/11,and baby is due soon.
We are planning to build our own house next year as we are currently living with his cousin who is a kind of dirty bachelor.we have to constantly clean up after him and he is 31!!!
I'm proud that I was able to buy all of LO's things without mum's help.
I think I will be able to provide for LO well,and I must say I'm proud of myself.

I love this thread.
I'm also 25,I'm pregnant with my 1st.
Honestly I always planned to have a baby wen I turned 25 if everything was going ok,n it sort of is.
OH just turned 36 on 11/11,and baby is due soon.
We are planning to build our own house next year as we are currently living with his cousin who is a kind of dirty bachelor.we have to constantly clean up after him and he is 31!!!
I'm proud that I was able to buy all of LO's things without mum's help.
I think I will be able to provide for LO well,and I must say I'm proud of myself.

Know the feeling, girls my own age seem so immature.
I had my eldest at 15, my youngest at 17 and now due with this one when I'll be 22. I wouldn't change the way my life turned out for anything. I have my own house and love my independence :)

im 24 and got married to dh when i was 18 we met when i was 16 and he was 33 (he didnt know my real age until my 17th birthday) i didnt lie to him he just assumed as i was in a pub.

i had my dd when i was 19, my ds 22 and now expecting my 3rd :D

i love it and although its hard sometimes i wouldnt have it any other way :cloud9:

I haven't got any children at the moment, I'm pregnant with my first, but it feels so weird knowing my friends who are my age live with their parents and have no bills to pay, housework to do, and all their earnings are theirs to spend as they wish. Seems unreal. I love my life and my OH and I've always been a real home-girl and love having my own home set up :) it's what makes me happy and I think all us younger ladies should be VERY proud of ourselves! We have achieved so much :) thanks for posting this thread Lauren xxxxxx

I'm 24 now but I got married at 21 (we were both 21), bought a house, had my son at 22, and will have #2 very shortly. :) I have one other friend my age who is also married and has 2 children. Most of my friends are still dating and looking into renting a place together. I don't feel more mature or think that others my age are immature but I definitely am loving my life and all the responsibilities that go along with it. :) It just feels right and I get a lot of friends telling me how jealous they are of our stability and headstart in life. I do wish more of my friends were pregnant at the same time though so our children could grow up together!!

I am 21 and i have a 17 month old babe and pregnant with number 2. Had my first 4 days before i turned 20 so i can join the young mum club. I have a few friends, 4 actually, that are young mums to 21/22 so i can relate to them loads. 1 of them is 22 and she has 3 children her youngest being 7 months now. I see myself as mature for my age but i feel i always have been. My OH is 32 dec 10th and we are in the process of buying a house. I think i am doing well.

Nothing wrong with being a young yummy mummy! :) x

im 25 and pregnant with my 3rd and feel old and mature lol I had mothers 10 yrs older than me with thier little first borns asking me for advice today it was weird lol. i wouldnt change it though DH is only 25 as well

I am 23, pregnant with my first, soon to be married to my soldier and love of my life.

Wierd thing is, this last year has just been a whirlwind of massive achievements. Driving, buying my house, work, Chris... I mean when I met Chris back in October 2010 we had never though of settling down this quickly, we were still partying very hard and living for the weekend.

And now... wow, how things have changed in a few short months. I cannot wait to be a mummy, and Chris a daddy. We can't wait to be a family and looking forward to all the challenges for us to face.

Many of my friends have babies, but not cars, mortgages and weddings to plan.
So in a way, I feel very lucky to have what I have.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm 23 and married to my husband who is 31 and in the navy, were expecting our first child and both so excited.
We have navy housing which is practically our own and I love just making it tidy and buying things for the house. My old friends are still the same after 7 years they haven't changed a bit, I just don't understand how theycan still do the same thing every night.
I always get self concious when I walk round town without my hubby because I look young for my age and iv had old bags looking at me and my big ol bump and tutting practically in my face and looking at me in discust. I just want to scream at them to mind there own damn business. I'm sure ill get use to it eventually.

im the same as most of you. its just so wierd how different u can be too your friends who are in a different situation. im 22 got married when i was 19 and oh was 18. we had dd when both 19 and now we will have a little boy soon. i always imagined i would be late 20's before having children and i always said i would never get married. this was up until oh and i realised how good we are together instead of just being friends like we were. i wouldnt change my life for the world, i love oh so much and i love dd so much. already we all love are soon to be new addition in the family.

I'm 21, have a beautiful daughter, engaged (keep having to put off the wedding cus we want it in Cyprus and not everyone can just turn up lol) and pregnant with another little girl.

So yea, I feel exactly the same as you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->