I forget how young i am sometimes

oh yes. I moved in with my DH one day before my 18th birthday,witch is in january.( i knew him since i was 12 and we started dating when i was 14 and he was 16) We got married four months later in april and i got pregnant with my first in may lol. I was 18 when got pregnant and 19 when she was born. Now im 21 pregnant with my second baby. I love being a mom and a wife. Im so exited to have 2 LOs too. There are other girls that i see my age that are soooo imature. I also know some people that are my age with kids and stuff but they basically just leave there kids with others so they can go party. Not me. I hate leaving my DD with other people i only do it to work and thats about it. My dd, My Dh and i are soo very close and i just cant wait to see what more happieness this little boy will bring to the family once he is born!!!

I am 18 engaged to be married in april and got pregnant at 17...will be a new first time mom very soon! I was a party girl before i found out i was pregnant and then baby is my blessing! I just hate how people judge and assume im only getting married because im pregnant but i have been engaged for almost 2 years :)

Same here! A lot of people thought I was throwing my life away when I got married at 21. But I had already graduated college, and had done all that, and I've always been rather mature for my age (if I don't say so myself ;) ) DH is 4 years older than I am, and we were both ready to settle down, so for us, it was the right time to get married. Now that I'm expecting our first, I have to sometimes remind myself that *wow* I'm only 23, married, and have a baby on the way! I feel so much... older than that. Whenever I see my friends going out late, blowing their money, and doing stupid stuff, I just want to tell them to grow up already, lol. But it's not their fault, I just grew up more quickly than they did (by choice!).

Anyway, idk what my whole point was, other than to let you know you're not alone :)

Yep, pregnant at 18 had my LO by 19. I am now 20, 21 in Feb, and feel like a old granny. Especially with the way my body aches sometimes!:haha: I actually wish that I could be 19 again. I know this might sound weird but I absolutely loved being a young mommy. It made me feel special. I had a son young but I was young and vibrant with lots of energy, still am. I have been out on my own for almost three years now and especially with how fast time seems to have gone since my son was born I feel like life is just rushing by me. I also feel different from all the people my age, even the ones who have kids. I have always been very mature for my age and I only grew up that much more when my son was born, but all the other 20 year olds around me still seem so young and naive and immature.

I'm 23 and expecting my second any day now. My first was born when I was 21.

This is definitely not where I thought I'd be in my life, but I'm so happy to be here.

I look at the people I graduated high school with and see them partying their 20s away. They look so happy and care free and I know that they'll get to drive nice cars and live in nicer houses and go on expensive, extravagant vacations. But then I look at my 2.5 year old and... I don't envy them at all. They have things... I have my beautiful little boy, a loving husband, and another perfect boy on the way. Why would I want any of those other things now when I can have them later? There's no guarantee that I could have children later. Fertility has a clock... careers/money/dream houses/vacations don't.

Besides... when I'm in my 40s or 50s... I'll be able to go on some awesome vacation... with my adult children.

I'll be encouraging my children to have children when they are young, too. I think there is nothing wrong with growing up 'early' in this way. It has treated me very well, and I find myself wishing my younger sisters would put themselves where I put myself, because they could both greatly benefit from it.:shrug:

I'm 25, been with hubby since I was 19, got married when I was 20, got pregnant and had LO when I was 23. We're the old couple of our friends even though we are the youngest.

I'm 23 and expecting out 1st, been with oh since I was 18, engaged since i was 21, he is 28 and all our friends are his age and older, we are the first out of our group of mates to get engaged and have a baby and most of the time even tho I'm the youngest of them I feel the oldest! But I would not change my life for the world.
I've had ppl judge me saying I was to young to have a baby, 1 person had even asked me if the only reason we were engaged was cuz I was expecting!!! After nearly punching him I explained that we had been engaged a few years before we found out we were expecting bubba!

Some ppl make judgements on what they deem too young.. But I think age is just a number! I'm looking forward to being a young mom and Runing around and playing with my lo at the park!

I still feel quite young, got married when I was 22, had dd when I was 23 and expecting my second at 25. Alot of my friends are still living with their parents and don't have the responsibilities that I do. I love my life though, I wouldn't change it for the world. I've always been a homely girl and love having my own home and my husband. It's true what someone else said there are great advantages to being a younger mum, you get to experience more things in life because when our kids are grown up, we won't be much older ourselves. Where as older mums are still looking after their children in their 40's.

Emma x

Hi hun.. I jus turned 22 in Oct, so not much older than you. I'm married, also have a little boy and a little girl on the way and YES, I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, I have no friends since I had my son because we just weren't on the same page anymore, I was a mummy, they were still in college etc! - Does make you feel slightly old, but like you said, don't regret it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->