I gave birth to Neave at 25+5!

Anna Barry

Reaction score
Neave is currently at NICU HD and doing really well, she is 6 and a half weeks old and on cpap, hoping she will be going on high flow soon, would be great to talk to others that have been through a simular experience.xx

ive not been thro this, just wana give u some :hugs: to u and ur LO xx

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS!

Secondly, you've come to the right place to chat about your experiences and get advice. Some of the ladies on here are fantastic, and their baby stories are amazing, have a read through.

So, little Neave - incredibly early when compared to my Andrew (29+1). Did you know she was coming early or was it a shock? How big was she at birth, and how is she doing now?

Andrew started on the ventilator, moved onto Cpap, then onto the O2 by nasal cannula - high flow, lo-flow, back to high again ... then started pulling them out and throwing them out the back of the cot, so they decided (with my persuasion) to let him try without them. We were actually at the point of prep'ing to bring him home on O2 and he decided he didn't want that, came off it really quickly!

Are you expressing to feed Neave, or is she on NutriPrem? I've been expressing since day 3 and, as we haven't successfully established BF, I'm still doing it !!!

Please - when you have the energy - tell us more! Feel free to ask questions too.

Congratulations Honey you have a beautiful little baby, my baby was born at 35 weeks so I can't say I have been through this but we are here for you and wish you all the luck in the world xxxxx

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS!

Secondly, you've come to the right place to chat about your experiences and get advice. Some of the ladies on here are fantastic, and their baby stories are amazing, have a read through.

So, little Neave - incredibly early when compared to my Andrew (29+1). Did you know she was coming early or was it a shock? How big was she at birth, and how is she doing now?

Andrew started on the ventilator, moved onto Cpap, then onto the O2 by nasal cannula - high flow, lo-flow, back to high again ... then started pulling them out and throwing them out the back of the cot, so they decided (with my persuasion) to let him try without them. We were actually at the point of prep'ing to bring him home on O2 and he decided he didn't want that, came off it really quickly!

Are you expressing to feed Neave, or is she on NutriPrem? I've been expressing since day 3 and, as we haven't successfully established BF, I'm still doing it !!!

Please - when you have the energy - tell us more! Feel free to ask questions too.

I,m really sorry am i doing this right, i have never been on anything like this before!! lol. Is this how you reply?? Gonna blame my thickness on being so tired, as expressing every 4 hours! Neave was only on the ventilator for one day and has been on cpap since, she is getting much better at breathing now and is usually between 21% and 26% oxygen, she weighs 3lb 10 and was born at 1lb 12, so she is doing really well.x

Yes you've done it right - you have a choice of clicking "Quote" if you want to include
somebody's post (like you did first time), or "Reply" if you don't want to quote (like you did second time).

Only one day on the ventilator? She did really well! Did you have any steroid injections before the birth to prepare her lungs? We'd love to hear your tale!

Although 4 weeks older than Neave at his birth, Andrew suffered from growth restriction and so weighed even less - only 1lb 6oz when born! He's now 20 weeks old, and weighs just 7lb, so still not newborn weight - he's a titchie little thing! But really strong, and doing just fine.

The expressing is a killer, isn't it - I've also been on 4hrly cycles since the start (11, 7, 3, 11, 7, 3) - it's the 3am that kills me! And I'm still waking to express in the middle of the night even though Andrew has now started sleeping through. But the one thing that kept me going is the knowledge that I'm giving him the best possible start in life.

Wow 25+5! Sounds like she is doing sooo well! My LO was just a tiny bit early so I have no experience with this - just wanted to say congrats :hugs:
xx

Yes she is doing well, i can't wait till she is off cpap so i can see her better, and ill put some more pics on. Yes i did have the injections, i had bleeding since 19 weeks and they told me i had placenta previa.

My waters broke at 25+1 and when they examined me again they said that the head was lower than the placenta so i was able to give birth naturally. They would have given me medication to stop the labour but i had an infection so she had to come out!!!!

I have to say "Lucky You" at being able to give birth naturally - I had an emergency-ish section, with a week's notice so I got the steroids, but the actual decision was made on the day after a scan showed he was in problems.

The first day Andrew cycled off cPap for a few hours, I took so many photos of his little face!

Are you spending many hours in your NICU? What's it like? I was in a brand new hospital; ours had 8 inci's to a room, and 8 cots in the nurseries, so the care was really good and certainly met the govt target levels.

Hello and welcome!! :hi:

You certainly sound like you have a fighter in your little Neave, she's doing fabulously! she's making real progress with her weight gain, from 1lb-3lb in 6 weeks is FAB!! You must be making gold top :winkwink:

a huge huge HUGE congratulations on the birth of your stunning little lady-I hope your stay in the NICU is short but sweet. enjoy this special time-you'll look back in a few months time when your little sweetheart is home and wonder how the time ever passed so quickly.

Oh-and welcome to baby and bump!! xx

welcome and a HUGE congratulations on baby Neave she is a wee cutie pie :cloud9:

Over 3lb already is fantastic, she is coming on atreat, you must be so proud. Hope your NICU journey goes by smoothly and quickly, when she's ready to come home it will all be ablur and the best news you will ever hear. More piccies and updates please once things settle down.

Welcome to baby and bump - esp our wee area you honesty could not meet a nicer, supportive bunch xx

CPAP is such an ugly looking machine. Joseph was on it for 2 days altogether.

Keep us informed about your little one!

Hello Anna and little Neave :hi::hi:

Congratulations on the birth of your little fighter. She sure is putting the weight on fast. One nurse told me that all you need is a feeder and a grower and I think she's one of them.

I had Archie at 27 +0 weeks, he weighed in at 2lb 6oz. Now at 8 months corrected he's a whale at 21lbs. Hope your journey goes in quick. Taking them home is the best things in the world, even better than the birth. :cloud9::cloud9:

You will quickly realise that we are almost like a wee family on here. If in doubt about anything, just pop on here, create a thread and shout! :hugs::hugs:

Whilst in hospital with Archie, I updated my journal daily. Click on the link in my signature to get to it. He was in for 14 weeks so there is a lot of reading but its helped a few ladies on here with their own journey.

Post some pictures of Neave soon.

Lv Dona and Archie xxx

Donas right, theres not a huge amount of us here, but we've all close knit and support each other!

CONGRATULATIONS on thebirth of Neave.

Glad to hear she is doing so well.

There's so many here who know how you're feeling - including myself. Mummy to 2 preemies xxx

Congratulations! Neave sounds like she is doing very well.

Abby was born at 29 weeks. I had low lying placenta too, but my bleeding didn't start til 26 weeks. After a couple of major bleeds where I stayed in hospital, my waters broke then I had another big bleed so they whipped her out. I had the steroids at 26 weeks so her lungs were given a good boost. She was ventilated for only 12 hours and she came off c-pap within a few days.

It's a tough journey but incredibly rewarding. You must be careful to look after yourself properly though, as it is common to put all your energy into the hospital visits and forget that you need some time to heal too.

If you have any questions or need any support, I can guarantee someone here will have an answer and everyone certainly has a shoulder!

Congrats on your little girl hope she continues to do well its hard seeing them in nicu but the day they say they can go home is so amazing and worth all you go through. Ive done the journey 4x so if you ever need anything just pm me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->