• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I got my home water birth!

Tjkitty

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that husband said no, well he came around and agrees that it was awesome!

I woke up at 1am as my water broke ( just a trickle with each contraction) not painful, so told my husband who went into panic mode! He insisted on filling the pool straight away! I made sure the house was tidy before ringing midwife! DD was asleep upstairs, inflating the pool didn't wake her. I put the tense machine on, which was great!

Midwife came at 4:30 and I was 6cm, still no real pain. Wasn't sure if it was because of the tense machine so didn't want to take it off! Husband had 3/4 filled the pool so just topped it up with warm. I was making flapjack at 6am saying to my husband that something must be wrong because it didn't hurt the way it did with DD. At 7am the tense started to annoy me so I got into the pool. I didn't do any active pushing, started to use G&A at about 7:30 & my son was born at 7:48. The last 15 min hurt a lot! But it was so good to be at home. DD woke up and came down to meet her brother. I went up to bed for a bit and life went on!

That sounds absolutely incredible!! Lucky you :) I'm so glad you were able to have the birth you wanted. You did amazingly well!

Congratulations on your baby boy!

What a fab birth story! Glad everything went so well for you. Congratulations on your lo! :)

That's such a great birth story :) well done honey-especially on the making flapjacks in labour!! Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->