i got some soap nuts!

kelly342000

Reaction score
i got a sample of soap nuts today, but OH isn't impressed! he said he had tried something similar and they didn't clean clothes properly. has anyone found this with the soap nuts? i have only heard good things! do they work better on a hotter wash, Do i need to be washing everything on 60 or will 40 be enough??

We only wash at 40 ususally and they're fine. I think sometimes it depends on the batch. They don't have stain removing agents though so anything heavily marked soak in the sink in vanish or something first :flower:

aw, am not having much luck with washing things at the mo! i used the soap nuts on a load of towels and line dried them and they came out very crispy, scratchy and as stiff as a board! :-o was hoping could use them on baby's clothes but very unsure now. has anyone else had this with soap nuts? maybe i got a funny batch ??? i had read loads about people's washing coming out all soft, is this only when they are tumble dried?

oh no, I don't tumble dry and have no problems really.

my stuff I do in soapnuts is softer than if I do them in detergent without softener.

I got my sample today and will be testing them out tomorrow. I think I might add a small splodge of fabric conditioner in just for the smell though cos I love the smell!!

I got my sample today and will be testing them out tomorrow. I think I might add a small splodge of fabric conditioner in just for the smell though cos I love the smell!!

Not sure but don't think that would be good for the soapnuts maybe - as could coat them and then they'd be useless to use again; no? I use essential oils (mostly lavender); just put a few drops where u'd normally have the fabric softner - really makes your clothes smell lovely and it's more natural too (and less chances of your little one having a reaction once it's born).

right, tomorrow i'm definitely off to holland and barrett to buy some oils then- thanks!! I wanted to get some anyway to put in the nappy bin :D

tea tree oil is best to use once youre not pregnant as it is antibacterial aswell, lavender is aswell but not as much but it is about the only EO safe during pregnancy lol

x

There is an importer on ebay - £4.85 for 500g with a free wash bag and free postage , just search for 500g Original Indian Soap Nuts, Soapnuts, soap pods
also does 5kg for £32

the nappy garden were doing bags on bogof last time i saw, i think they were 500g bags?

Also, if you have one near you, home bargains sell tea tree essential oil for 89p

the nappy garden were doing bags on bogof last time i saw, i think they were 500g bags?

Also, if you have one near you, home bargains sell tea tree essential oil for 89p

oh great - I have one in town and Im off there this afternoon...I LOOOOVE Home Bargains

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->