I guess I'm different than most...I would love for family to come see me after

_jellybean_

Reaction score
delivery. Come one, come all! Totally love to be around people, and would be so excited if my whole family would want to come to see me son. It would mean so much to me.

My mom and DH will be in the hospital room with me when I deliver. I hope that my family comes to see me at the hospital. I'll be at a hospital that's about 1/2 hour to 45 min. away from everyone, so not sure who will come:(

I wanted to make the call on when they came so u could feel up to it but I, like you, wanted everyone to come so I could show off my beautiful baby girl

I can't wait to show him off to the world!!

Im the same... although i want my bonding time i seriously cannot wait for everyone to come after delivery to show off my new baby x

when i had imogen the MW said we could have grandparents on the ward, OH's said they'd wait!!! my mum and dad were there in record time! my friend really wanted to come and see her but i didnt get to the ward till 10pm so couldnt! but i wouldnt of minded her been there! im having the baby at home this time and once im sorted and showered/dressed/confortable and the place is tidy i dont mine imediate family and close friends visiting (time depending of course lol) xx

I cant wait either...would love nothing more than having my family around after he's born! Specially my mum and dad and oh's mum. xx

The hospital I will be delivering at is an hour away from my mums hopefully she will make it, it's close to my inlaws so im guessing they will be there first :/

since im delivering at home this time with a birth pool id like the place cleaned a bit and the pool emptied before we have visitors at the door, and honestly id like a nap prior to visitors lol

I want some bonding time with oh and dd for a while after and pref be able to get cleaned up and comfortable but after that I can't wait for all the family to come!! So excited for everyone to meet her :) but I do want some use time first, that's very important to me x

Me too :-(
Your not the only one.
My mum and sister are 3 1/2 hours away, and I am not sure when shes going to meet her granddaughter.
xx

I want some bonding time with oh and dd for a while after and pref be able to get cleaned up and comfortable but after that I can't wait for all the family to come!! So excited for everyone to meet her :) but I do want some use time first, that's very important to me x

Same here!! I do want some alone time initially to get settled and cleaned up and just get 'sorted'...just a couple of hours...

Then I have absolutely no objection to everyone being there and meeting the new baby....he/she is as much a new member of the whole family as well as our family 'unit'....

I want to share the happiness with everyone. That includes two of my very oldest dearest friends who I want around me ASAP!!!

Im excited for mt family to be around then, too! I know they will all be so happy. My side of the family wants this baby just as much as my OH and I do. My OH's side of the family doesn't, though, and I am hoping they'll stay away for a while. Lol. They won't come rushing anyway.

You're not alone. I realize to each their own, but i don't understand it when couples don't want anyone there.

For my son (we didn't find out the sex), we had a room full of people in the waiting room. We loved it!

We'll probably have that again this time around (didn't find out the sex again).

i cant wait for visitors....this is the first boy of the generation so first nephew to my bro's and sisters, first grandson on both mine and OH's side. they are all super excited to meet him and as long as they dont over stay their welcome which i doubt they will i dont mind at all if they visit. there's also a couple of very close friends i want informing straight away too and most certainly my 2 and a half year old niece who looks up my top for baby everytime i see her.. i want her to meet her baby cousin asap lol.

i think the reason i am so keen for visitors is when i had my daughter i had spent the week in hospital before hand and had hardly anyone come see me (bare in mind i went into hospital christmas day and gave birth new years eve) then i was kept in for a week afterwards and the visiting times were strict so i was on my own a lot and just wanted to be at home. hospitals can be quite lonely especially around the holidays when you should be with family so i say the more the merrier! lol especially as i am due 2 days before christmas =D

I love visitos too, nice to know theres others the same! I must admit, I was a little hurt when my sil wouldn't allow visitors for a few days, I obv said nothing tho, its totally her choice. I did find it hard to understand though!

With dd, my mum was there minutes after she was born, then my sis arrived. The in laws all came later in the day, then my bro and his wife, and my mum and dad later again. It was fab! With ds, we were discharged quickly after birth, but I still asked my mum and sis to come in to visit as it would have been weird not having any visitors in hosp lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->