I had my 1st Dr.'s appointment today

rdy4number2

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sure most of you have seen me about on here. For those that haven't, I have been trying since last December (which hasn't been that horribly long), but anyways. I went to my general dr. today to talk about trying to conceive and about the fact that my cycles are getting farther and farther apart and when I do get af it's like only spotting for 2 days and OVER.

She has referred me to an ob/gyn. From here I will be tested/ultrasounds to see what is going on. She said that the ob/gyn will due blood work and what not to see what's going on. I'm really excited b/c I hope it gives me much needed answers. I'm glad she wasn't too hung up over the fact that it hasn't been a year.

She said the ob/gyn would consider things like PCOS, annovulation, and insulin resistance. I'm leaning towards insulin resistance. I guess time will tell! I'm so grateful she was so helpful and understanding....

Lots of luck ladies!

Rdy

I'm not sure yet. They are supposed to call me. They didn't today. If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I'm gonna call em up.

rdy

Best of Luck! Hope you get your answers super quick so that you can get that :bfp: !!

I go in for blood work on Monday (if everything goes well) then have to wait 4 wks to get the results. Urgh. In the end it'll be worth it though if I get a little bean!

:dust: & FX'd ladies!

Best of Luck! Hope you get your answers super quick so that you can get that :bfp: !!

I go in for blood work on Monday (if everything goes well) then have to wait 4 wks to get the results. Urgh. In the end it'll be worth it though if I get a little bean!

What kind of blood work are they doing? Yikes! 4 weeks feels like forever. I sure hope it works out for you. I still haven't heard from clinic, but I called and they said expect the ob/gyn clinic to call me in less than a week...

more waiting. lol.

rdy

Thanks! I'm feeling a lot better about trying now that I know I might find something out. I've just had this feeling that somethings not right. I think it's basically b/c my periods are only really light for like a day and a half and then it is over.....

rdy

My gp ais also sending me to the ob/gyn and i have only been off the pill since march 27 so just under 3 months by the time i see him. I thought it was strange for him to send me this early and am worried the ob/gyn will dismiss me for it being too soon. pretty sure that it will be cos they want to do LAP surgery tho :(
Good luck i hope they find nothing and you get your :bfp: soon :)

My gp ais also sending me to the ob/gyn and i have only been off the pill since march 27 so just under 3 months by the time i see him. I thought it was strange for him to send me this early and am worried the ob/gyn will dismiss me for it being too soon. pretty sure that it will be cos they want to do LAP surgery tho :(

Wow. You never know. Hopefully you will get answers. Do you know why gp is sending you? I went to my dr. about my periods being weird and very light and she referred me. She said she had worked with this ob/gyn for years and loved her. So I'm hoping she's as good as my gp talked her up to be. I have heard up people getting pregnant easier after lap so maybe it could be a good thing.

rdy

Wow. You never know. Hopefully you will get answers. Do you know why gp is sending you? I went to my dr. about my periods being weird and very light and she referred me. She said she had worked with this ob/gyn for years and loved her. So I'm hoping she's as good as my gp talked her up to be. I have heard up people getting pregnant easier after lap so maybe it could be a good thing.

rdy

yes after going off the pill, i get pain at random times on random days. its worse when i am moving around (which is necessary in my job im an aged care worker) the gp thinks its inflamation from the endo becoming active again but doesnt really know. also had blood taken and he wasnt even sure of what the results ment so i think he put me in the too hard basket and sent me off! i havent had LAP done since i was 16 and im now 26 so i wouldnt be suprised if thats what its for. Im heaps not keen on the idea after having a bad reaction to the first one i had

Hey! I was just diagnosed by my gp that I have pcos, she is referring me to a fertility doctor. So I'm happy to finally know, I have been trying since October. I hope you find out soon!!!! Good luck

What kind of blood work are they doing? Yikes! 4 weeks feels like forever. I sure hope it works out for you. I still haven't heard from clinic, but I called and they said expect the ob/gyn clinic to call me in less than a week...

more waiting. lol.

rdy

The Gyno wants to check my hormone levels. My appointment for those results, as well as DCs SA isn't until July 7th. 4 weeks is a super long time, but I don't have any other choice really. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->