I had my baby 5 weeks early :-(

love.peace

Mama
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support on here. On 24th September we had a beautiful baby girl by emergency cesarean after going into spontaneous Labour.

Meadow Lily was born at 17.41 weighing 5lb 15oz.

She is in special care having support with her breathing and on antibiotics, and having fluids through a tube but no milk yet. I'm trying hard to and express until my milk comes in. It is possible she will stay in until her due date.

I started getting strong Braxton hicks a few days before and kept feeling the need to use the toilet plus feeling sick. I brushed it off thinking I was getting a bug. Finally after a small bleed I went to hospital to be monitored thinking everything would be fine and I would just need to rest. I got to the hospital at 1pm where they picked up small contractions. I was then transferred to Labour ward getting really strong pains and by 4pm was being prepped for theatre. Please listen to your body. I just wish I'd have gone in earlier so they could have stopped my Labour. Meadow is a fighter and we are praying she gets better soon x

Hey, congrats on your little lady. She is a good weight and that is a great thing to have on her side. Will help her get stronger. Hope she starts feeding soon for you, girls tend to progress faster than boys. I had my b/g twins 6 weeks early and my girl hit every little milestone before my boy did whilst in SCBU and she was in a much better condition at birth too. They were 4lb 6oz and 4lb 2.5oz. Came home at 15 days old both weighing 4lb 6.5oz. I know they say aim for the due date and see anything before that as a bonus but fingers crossed for you she doesn't need to be in there too long.

Sending good vibes for baby! Take care of yourself as well! I bet she's in good hands and she'll be home with you before you know it. :hugs2:

Ah bless you all xxx sending my love, its not nice having a baby and not taking them home, but she will be home so soon, i hope you get your milk in soon xxx

Congratulations on your precious baby! Hang in there mommy keep pumping and she will be able to have your liquid gold in no time even if it's not full established anything helps. Your daughter is a great weight and I'm praying for a speedy recovery so she can come home with you sooner!! Please that care of you and I hope that you can rest and be strong she needs her mommy healthy.

Congratulations in your lil girl, hope she's stronger and better soon xx

Love.peace congrats on your wee one, sorry to hear it was far from how you'd imagined. As long as she's healthy and growing and like pp said, for 5 weeks early she's a good weight. Keep expressing & pumping and maybe consult a doc if you can't get the milk to come - there are other methods to help this out! Xx

Aw congratulations, hope she continues to get stronger x

Congratulations huni, what a pretty name for your daughter. Like pp said she's a a good weight and keep pumping/expressing your milk will come :hugs:

Congratulations hun, my neice was born 6 weeks early weighing 5lb 15oz and she was in only for 2 weeks, hopefully your LO will be out soon xxxx

Congratulations on the birth of Meadow - lovely name. It sounds like she was a great weight for 5 weeks early. I really hope she gets better soon and you get her home quickly xxx

Congratulations on your little girl!! Meadow is the name we have for a girl aswell, it's a beautiful name, I hope she is going better real soon and you can take her home ASAP x

Congratulations, hope she stronger and better soon and I hope she home with you soon

Congratulations! Meadow sounds so strong - we are all thinking of you both xx

Congrats hun hopefully lo will be strong enough to be home with you soon x

Congratulations on your little girl. That is a good weight. They won't keep her I any longer than they have too but it will depend on her health. Keep up the pumping and pump in the night if you can as that seemed to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->