I had my whooping cough jab...

ShirlWirl

Reaction score
...and although it didn't hurt going in, now (1 day later) I can barely move my arm! Ouchy!! Is this normal?

I was the same. Had mine Wednesday. That day, it didn't hurt at all, Thursday it was really painful and stiff, yesterday it ached, and today it's just a bit sore x

Yep.... Had mine at 8.30am yesterday morning.....by 12.00pm my arm felt bruised! Hoping it doesn't last for too long. X

Totally the same. I told the nurse that I was AMAZED I didn't feel anything but then a day later OUCH! It eased after about 2.5days

I had mine done almost two weeks ago and I've still got a marked arm! Couldn't sleep on that side for days and it was itchy for over a week. Worst immunisation I've ever had!

Awww poor us lol! She said it would be like my flu jab but it's much worse!! How am I going to cope with labour?!?!

I hated that jab, i had that in my right arm and the flu jab in my left arm at the same time, the wc jab was horrid, it ached for about 5 days and couldnt sleep on it for ages either, was glad when it eased up, flu jab is ok and never been a problem but this was another story

I still havent had mine...can i stil get it?!

Yes, it can be given up to 38 weeks, although the ideal time is between 28 and 32 weeks.

Yeah I had the same problem lasted about 2 and half days! Really surprised how much it hurt afterwards xx

Ugh, I was planning on getting mine right after delivery. If I can't properly hold my baby because my arm feels weak, I'd be annoyed.

I'm opting out of this jab, had a look at the stats in my area and they're not concerning

I wish I had this jag in right arm and flu one in left but nope other way around and had to sleep on my right side :(

My arm hurt for 3 days & stupid me got it done on the side I sleep on!

Ugh, I was planning on getting mine right after delivery. If I can't properly hold my baby because my arm feels weak, I'd be annoyed.

I would definitely recommend not having this done right after birth because it is a bit of a problem - I still can't straighten my arm or lift anything heavy with it. I know I sound like a wuss but I normally have a high pain threshhold but this has really affected me. If you can get it done before you have the baby I think that's better anyway - well that's what they recommend in UK xx

I don't understand why you would have it after delivery? Here they recommend before 38 weeks so that you can pass on some immunity to baby so they have some protection until they can have their jabs? Surely after delivery you're only protecting yourself from it? x

I don't understand why you would have it after delivery? Here they recommend before 38 weeks so that you can pass on some immunity to baby so they have some protection until they can have their jabs? Surely after delivery you're only protecting yourself from it? x

That's what I thought too but I know some people don't like to have these jabs whilst pregnant and the next best thing is to protect yourself so you don't pass it to baby... but I don't know for sure

I didn't know if it was an American thing? You can't guarantee that everyone baby comes into contact with would of had the jab though? Especially when you're out and about? Just a bit confused. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->