I had no idea! Am I a wuss??

Nope, you're not a wuss. This is really freakin' difficult.

I find the hardest part is going to work, smiling and pretending everything is OK when actually I just want to be in my bed or vomiting!

1st tri is HARD! Your body hasta get used to all the hormones and just everything. Makes you tired, running on empty etc. If you don't have any kids I suggest on your day off just sleeping and getting a lot of rest in. :)
Sometimes our men can not be understanding I know my DH thinks I'm being a baby most of the time, but I think its because they're kinda clueless as to how it feels.

thank god for this thread! I had a crying meltdown last night to DH saying I cant do this and feel like this all the time. I have had a rough few days with pain, MS, smellm moods etc. I have several health issues and I am now gluten free and dairy free so I am used to feeling nauseous ALL the time but this pain sucks! It really hurts at points and totally interupting my sleep which doesnt help either. I am drained!!! If I feel like this already at 6 weeks, I am scared for the rest of it...

Im sorry everyone is feeling so awful, but boy am I glad Im not alone! This is my 4th pregnancy and the first one in my 30's and I was really beginning to wonder if it was just me because im so old! I have had HG with my other pregnancies and so am currently on meds this time right away so it hopefully doesn't get that bad this time. I still haven't thrown up yet, but the nausea is all day and all night and paralyzing. Thankfully I have recently gone back to being a SAHM and my kids are all in school so I just have to drag my sorry self out of bed to get them out the door and then I can sleep, feel sorry for myself and talk myself out of puking, in silence. My OH is pretty good (he really should be, it's not like any of this is news to him) but he is rarely at home, off early and back late. When we first decided to try to have another baby I felt, well if were going to have one, we should have two as there will be 9 years between #3 and #4, but I can confidently say that this baby #4 shall be the last! Thanks for letting me join in on the pity party :)

Skywalker, I could have written your first post! I am in the exact same boat as you..

I want to punch your oh in the face.... Repeatedly... It's so easy to judge a situation when you're not in it and never will be.... My oh could tell from the gaunt green look on my face and the not caring if my hair was combed or what I wore that something serious was taking precedence in my life...I told h sorry the house is gross but I prob won't be cleaning it for quite a while... Period.. He got the memo.. On a happy note: I don't want to go jinxing myself but I haven't vomited for the past two days and my nausea seems a bit more bearable.... Praying my hormones are finally starting to settle down

I'm so sorry for the miserable first tri! Don't let your husband get you down...as others have said...if you are tired, nap! If you are sick, order in dinner for the hubbs. This time around I've been so lazy when it comes to cooking (I usually cook healthy clean meals every night). I've had mild morning sickness through the day, but not enough to actually vomit, and most days don't feel like even thinking of preparing or smelling dinner. lol Just listen to your body and rest when you feel you need to.

I know everyone is different, but this time around I am a lot more active than I was with my first pregnancy, and I've noticed the days I exercise I do feel a lot better energy wise and hunger wise. Maybe even getting out and taking a walk around the block to get fresh air will help a little with your sickness...?

Oh, these ladies are so wonderful and supportive. I've been fortunate that I have had very little MS (I had a 3 day break at that!) although I'm needing so much more sleep than I like. I'm just bracing myself for what's to come in week 6. :huh:

I'm so fortunate to have a super sensitive DH. I can tell sometimes when I tell him I'm tired or nauseated he doesn't completely understand but he still gives me the space and time I need.

While I think my DH is the extreme in the other direction, having you're OH tell you that what you're feeling isn't real is about the most disrespectful thing I can think of. It makes me really angry. It can only mean that he doesn't think that you know who you are or that he thinks you're lying. The next time he's sick in bed, I hope you spend a whole lot of time telling him that his symptoms aren't real and, no matter what he says, you don't believe that he feels badly at all.

Something tells me that he's quite young and that he's never had to face any sort of major illness, either in himself or anyone else.

Your hubby needs to be whacked on the head with a big foam bat. The pregnancy app I use has little tidbits each day and yesterday it said "bone-weary exhaustion is very normal at this time"... I read it out loud to my hubby and he was like "well, yeah, you're growing the organ that will support our child. Growing a placenta AND a baby at the same time has to take a ton of energy." Maybe your husband needs to be strapped to a chair and read out loud all the processes going on. And half of the placenta is HIS genetic material! He's growing half of the new organ in your uterus! It keeps growing until week thirteen and then takes over. That's what helps the symptoms ease up, as it then stands between you and the kid. Placentas will take whatever they need from you, have zero nerve endings so your brain has no control over it, and it keeps harmful substances away from your unborn child. When you deliver the huge placenta after the baby is born, feel free to throw it at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->