I had no idea babies are this loud when they are sleeping...

Szaffi

Reaction score
Our daughter is 3 and a half weeks old and she sleeps in a cradle in our room (as we wanted her close because of BFing). However, she get louder and louder in her sleep :shrug:

She snores, grunts loads very loudly, sometimes her breathing is like a steam engine (and the doctors insist, she is fine)... Between all this and her waking for BFing every 3 hours, needing a good half an hour for a burp, OH and me are not getting much sleep.

I am thinking about transferring her to her own cot in the nursery, I am so desperate, but I don't know if it's going to be any better, as the sounds come through the monitor too. Also, getting up and walking over there to BF sounds pretty bad too.

Did anyone have this problem? Is there any way to make it better???

Sorry - I don't have any advice but my LO is the exact same! He makes sooo much noise in his sleep that I'm barely sleeping for listening to him! I thought there was something seriously wrong with him the other night, then realised he was just being noisy!

I used to think Freya sounded like a little hedgehog, snuffling away.

I think it seems even worse because we are so alert to every little sound they make.
If you can't sleep for the noise, she will definitely be better off in her own room. Your sleep is every bit as important as yours - just depends on how happy you are about the extra disruption for night feeds really.

Oh, and I forgot about the hiccuping...:wacko:

My LO is seriously loud, hes always grunting and groaning.

I have got used to it now though x

Our daughter is 3 and a half weeks old and she sleeps in a cradle in our room (as we wanted her close because of BFing). However, she get louder and louder in her sleep :shrug:

She snores, grunts loads very loudly, sometimes her breathing is like a steam engine (and the doctors insist, she is fine)... Between all this and her waking for BFing every 3 hours, needing a good half an hour for a burp, OH and me are not getting much sleep.

I am thinking about transferring her to her own cot in the nursery, I am so desperate, but I don't know if it's going to be any better, as the sounds come through the monitor too. Also, getting up and walking over there to BF sounds pretty bad too.

Did anyone have this problem? Is there any way to make it better???

My LO is the same, he is extremely noisy when he is asleep. The only thing i have found that helps is if he falls asleep on my chest he sleeps very peacefully for some reason. However this is a habit i am not keen to get into especially as he is now over 10 lb so quite heavy to have sleeping on top of you, lol. Nothing else seems to help but with time i am managing to tune out most of the grunts as i can tell better now which are his sleeping noises and which mean he is waking up.

Our LO sounds like a little pig sometimes when he sleeps and can snore as loud as Daddy!x

Heh, nobody warns you hey ;)

Hazel is just the same.

But last night for example, I woke up faaar later into her waking/grunting for food than I have previously. I was a little shocked. You do get used to it and figure out to ignore most of the noise and carry on sleeping, it seems.

Like Polaris, I had to have Hazel sleep on me - mostly because she couldn't settle with wind... but the last week she's been great.

The other thing I found was she was a little more restless when she was a bit chilly. But that only reduced a huffy little pig to a huffy little hedgehog ;)

It will get better :)

My LO is the same, he is extremely noisy when he is asleep. The only thing i have found that helps is if he falls asleep on my chest he sleeps very peacefully for some reason. However this is a habit i am not keen to get into especially as he is now over 10 lb so quite heavy to have sleeping on top of you, lol. Nothing else seems to help but with time i am managing to tune out most of the grunts as i can tell better now which are his sleeping noises and which mean he is waking up.

Oh, I really hope so. We seemed to have the sleeping problems get worse the last couple of nights. She also sounds like she has a blocked nose, but only at night. Our room is quite humid, so I have no idea what the problem may be... I tried to clear her nose out with the saline one night, but afterwards it took me three hours to get her back to sleep :dohh: I don't think I'll try that one again...

Yes, we have a snuffleufagus too... I was thinking about getting one of the saline sprays.

Jack Grunts and sniffles and snorts all night long, it is quite annoying lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->