I hate all the names!

Rachie004

Reaction score
Is anyone else struggling to find names that they like?

Husband has two names that he's pretty much set on/happy with and while I like them, I just can't imagine naming our baby with those names. Even the names that I like but he doesn't or names that I don't find completely offensive - I still can't imagine having a baby with those names.

Anyone else, or is it just me?

dont imagine a baby then... by 6 months old children have really grown out of the cute baby stage and are like real miniature adults with very distinctive looks and personalities.

pick a name you can imagine on a 5 year old, 15 year old and 50 year old and it will stand the test of time which is more important than being cute for a few months

names with nicknames are good, example:

Charlotte = Charlie or Lottie
Thomas = Tom or Tommy

Is anyone else struggling to find names that they like?

Husband has two names that he's pretty much set on/happy with and while I like them, I just can't imagine naming our baby with those names. Even the names that I like but he doesn't or names that I don't find completely offensive - I still can't imagine having a baby with those names.

Anyone else, or is it just me?

Both me and DH feel the exact same way. I mean, we don't "hate" all the names, but there is just nothing that really clicks. And I think it is because we are supposed to name a person we have never met. It is quite crazy if you think about it! In the Netherlands you have 3 days to decide. Our plan is to make a list of names and choose once we meet the baby, because whatever names we used so far, we get bored of them, so we don't want to ruin any more names before we see the actual baby.

Good luck!

With our first we couldn't decide on a name. We went through loads and picked out Oliver for a boy and Eleanor for a girl.
He didn't look like an Oliver so didn't have a name for a few hours. Took a while but we both thought Ben suited him much better.
A name will come to you. :)

JJKCB - thank you. That is what I have been doing and I just can't imagine calling out any of the names out to our child.

Coco - I'm glad (in the nicest possible way) that you've encountered the same problem. I was probably being overdramatic by using 'hate' but there just isn't anything that clicks like you say! You and bump look beautiful :D It's a lovely photo :D

MrsT&Ben - I remember you from WTT, I didn't realise you were pregnant (or if I knew then it's one of many things to have evaporated from my memory) :D Congratulations :D xx

Oh we're struggling with names too! We love a handful of names but can't seem to decide. It's hard because we're trying to imagine her as a baby/child/teen/adult with this name. I'm afraid we'll choose something we end up getting bored of! Plus, I can't help but worry about other people's opinions.

It'll come. Dd didn't have a name for an hour or two. She ended up with a first name we had only as amiddle name and a middle name we had never ever discussed.

JJKCB - thank you. That is what I have been doing and I just can't imagine calling out any of the names out to our child.

Coco - I'm glad (in the nicest possible way) that you've encountered the same problem. I was probably being overdramatic by using 'hate' but there just isn't anything that clicks like you say! You and bump look beautiful :D It's a lovely photo :D

MrsT&Ben - I remember you from WTT, I didn't realise you were pregnant (or if I knew then it's one of many things to have evaporated from my memory) :D Congratulations :D xx

Thank you my lovely!!! Congrats to you also :)

Finding it a struggle too, also doesn't help that whatever name I like Hubby doesn't and vice versa!

I know exactly how you feel I was the same way with my first pregnancy I was expecting a boy and didn't know what to call him I had a huge list of girls names but boys not one and what ones I did think sounded ok OH wasn't keen and any he liked I wasn't keen we were pritty much in limbo and it took time but we got there in the end after great difficulty! I already had a name picked out before the birth but a lot of people wait until the birth to see what baby looks like and what name suits them best it was just my preference of having the name beforehand, the idea of giving birth to a baby with no name wasn't my cup of tea x

I feel exactly the same way, doesn't help that the names that OH picked I don't like and vice versa:haha:

Hopefully when I'm further along it might come to me, however we have decided to make a shortlist and then see what he/she looks like when they are born and decide then. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->