I hate feeling this way!

You have got to live your life for YOU Hun, not for your mum, your mums plan may be best for her but its not best for you and your OH and bubba,

I think your mum is trying to cling onto her family for as long as she can but in the end she is stoppin you creating yours xx

You have got to live your life for YOU Hun, not for your mum, your mums plan may be best for her but its not best for you and your OH and bubba,

I think your mum is trying to cling onto her family for as long as she can but in the end she is stoppin you creating yours xx

Thats true, I mean she's the one giving me the ultimatum here. She claims that i'm choosing strangers over family. She's referring to OHs parents because they support me and talk to me on the phone. Then she verbally bashes my OH and me and makes fun of how our life will be. And then she says racist things as well but then claims she has no problem with the color of his skin :dohh: :wacko:

I do think its time that I stand up to her and do what I feel is best for me. If she doesn't want to help me with my education anymore because i'm moving then thats on her, i'll just have to do it without her, and admittedly it would be harder, but it wouldn't be impossible, and I wouldn't have to deal with her drama anymore. I think she's getting upset that I no longer need her to do everything for me anymore and she's worried...but she never handles situations like this right, and she never communicates in a healthy way, and its emotionally and mentally taxing on me. If I allow her to baby me and my baby and keep the baby away from my OH that will just make her have even more power over me. I won't ever become my own person and I know that I will end up resenting her when I am done with school.

Exactly chick, uve summed ut up yourself right there, i couldn't of said it better.

Like you know already do what's best for you and OH and baby. And its not strangers its your baby's grandparents too.

Your mum is prob panicking and scared that she is barely going to be part of yours and babies life moving so far away, and she is doing everythin in her power to try and stop you xx

I still think (hope at least) that you're mother's heart is in the right place. But the stress she is putting you under isn't good for you or the baby. I wouldn't wait until December. Unless you can find a way to not let what she is saying bother you, let it roll of. Which, trust my I understand, is not easy when you're pregnant.

You plan sounds well thought out to me. 20 is young to have a baby but her reaction is completely unreasonable as though you were 14 instead of 20.

You should try to spend time around people that support you and make you feel good about yourself and your baby. I had a very stressful time with my first pregnancy as I was living with my mother at the time. And my mother was happy about my pregnancy! I do no reccomend trying to raise a baby while living with your mother no matter the circumstances. It's just... not a good situation if you have an alternative.

Hope you find some peace in the weeks to come. :hugs:

Sometimes the harder road is the best road and will make you the better stronger person in the end.

My best friend got pregnant in college unexpectedly. She worked her but off finished school and is now very successful in her life. It wast easy by any means but she had friends that supported her and he daughter is now 10 years old

It can be done. I think you know the decision you want to make and what will make you happiest in the end. As many many others have said ... You have to live your life for YOU not your parents.

Hopefully like many other parents once baby is born they will love baby regardless and realize what they did was wrong. If not you will still be a stronger better person for it :)

I'm SO SO sorry, I know it can't feel good to have the person who is supposed to be your biggest supporter pushing against all of your decisions. I honestly think it is going to take something big to make her back off, like continuing with your plan, ignoring her ultimatum, and succeeding. She will probably do everything she can to get her hands on her new grandbaby too and will crawl back to you once she sees that you can manage on your own. It will be tough, but worth it. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->