I hate OPKs. I'm peeing on what's left and that's IT!

banana1011

Reaction score
Grrrr. I'm sooooo done with OPKs. Seriously, I got a 1/2 positive (the left side of the line was dark as control, but not 100% of the line and according to peeonastick.com, that is a positive) on CD9 and then CD10 - negative and CD11 - another 1/2 positive. Perhaps I wasn't made to pee on OPKs.
:growlmad:
Anyone else hating their OPKs?

Yes I hate them too!!! Or maybe they hate me! My first month trying, been peeing on them for days now and not even a smidging of a line even tho I def know I'm fertile at the moment. Oh I don't know. I'm tempin too so hopefully that will tell me. Afterwards of course! Stupid bloody sticks!!! It's tough when all I want is a big fat line on a stick (preg test) and I can't even get one on an opk!! Ha!

I know how you feel! My friend (who has moved to IVF, the poor thing) and I talked last month about making a stick for TTC'ers that shows 2 lines just to help us see 2 STRONG lines and make it through another month. Like, 2 lines means your body produces pee. That would make me freaking happy!

This is the second month of different brand OPKs that I get these 1/2 positive. I also temp, so I know that I O'd last month, but I got the 1/2 positive. Maybe that's "my" positive. I dunno. Not gonna spend another $20+ on 'em next month, that's for sure.

I just peed on one again just to get rid of them. Negative...of course!

I've had trouble with them too. But its still early in the month for you. I wouldn't give up yet :)

Have you tried the clearblue digital? I got that this month,. only because it was 50% off at the grocery store, its very black and white so there is no confusion.

Like others have said you often have a certain amount of LH in your body, which is why you get those faint lines etc... But with the digital you need to have a certain level before it will show up positive.

yeah try the digtal one, could have a better viewing result make it easier to understand, ive never used it myself so im not sure, but like lady above said :) x

I haven't done the CB Digi's yet. I tried Answer OPKs last month. My strongest OPK was 1/2 positive with those and now this month using 1st Response 20 dayers. Maybe 1/2 positive is "my" positive. I don't think I have an elevated level of LH since I've seen plenty of negative OPKs. Just 2 1/2 positives this cycle - CD 9 and today. All the rest have been very, very negative.

I like black & whit! Next month - CB Digi it is! For now, i'm peeing on all these sticks and we'll see how it goes.

i bought some ic opks and they are garbage!! i never got a 'true' positive either... i entered what i thought was 'my positive' and ff changed the ov day by 2 days with that... so i belived the temps instead. of course i will use them up this cycle ;)

saveontests.com has good ones. only problem some of the midstreams don't have as much dye as others.

I hate them too! I've been using ic's and got one vague line on CD 9 and that was it - What a load of old cobblers! If I have no luck this month I might try CB dig... x

i hate them too.. and my oh is getting annoyed with me using them. he said last night "we had no trouble last time so why all the peeing on sticks now?!?!"

im using the amazon cheapie ones at the min but theyre just not working for me. i know i was ovulating on cd 14 but couldnt get a positive on them no matter what time in the day i used them.

xx

They don't work for me either. Third cycle using them and I have never gotten a proper positive (line as dark as test line). So I have started considering ANY line a positive for me. I really do need to use them cause I don't get much CM so don't have a good way of knowing when I am ovulating.

Well, I peed on one again this AM - the Q&A that came with them said you can test anytime, so I did FMU for fun. Definitely NOT positive. Oh, whatever those stupid things. I guess I'll just go by my CM and any O pains I get, if any. And then ff will confirm my O 3 days later. I had a temp dip today, so we'll see what happens. I guess DH and I will :sex: until AF arrives. He'll be happy.

Xactly just keep dtd until af, no stoppin for air! I got a faint line on my opk at about 11 today for the first time ever. It's not dark but it's a line for the first time, like u said maybe it's our positive. Who knows. Will do another later. Going by my cm I don't think I an too faraway from ov. Fingers crossed!!!!! I think next month I will get the clearblue fert monitor. Think will we well worth the money. Let's hope we won't need it ey!! X

Grr! I feel the same way! Those things are crap!:growlmad:I bought the clear-blue easy tests...I took one and there was barley a base line and there was no other line at all! Has anyone else had this trouble? I don't think I did it wrong. :shrug: Do you only get one line when you are not going to ovulate or do you think that the test was malfunctioning? I guess I will try using them until I have run out at least. I def. will keep an eye on my BBT chart though...except thats all messed up too! :wacko: Here's my chart if it helps to make any conclusions:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/calendar_module.php?cd=6

:dust:

Oh yay! A PA girl! I grew up about an hour north of Pittsburgh and went to Slippery Rock Univ. My brother went to PSU!

Anyway, so, if you only get 1 line, that means you are not having a LH surge. And if you get a faint line, still no LH surge. The line has to be at least the same color as the test line. But, I hate them, so I'm so not using them again! As our UK buddies on here say - Rubbish!

I couldn't view your chart. It keeps bringing me to my chart. I think you have to go to "share" to get the url for your specific chart and then post that.

What CD are you on? I think the link keeps taking me to my CD6, so Im taking a guess here and are you on CD6? If so, that would be pretty early to have an LH surge, unless you typically O really early in your cycle.

Hey banana1011, that's awesome that you grew up so close! I love Pitt, it's my favorite city! :)

Unfortunately, I was unable to share my chart but at any rate, i am currently on CD16. My temps have ranged from 96.5 to 97.7. its usually pretty cold in my apartment so I dont know if that would affect the temps or not. Also I am having trouble taking my temp at the same time everyday. but it's usually within an hour or so of the same time.

CD1- 97.32
CD2- 97.27
CD3- 97.23
CD4- 97.47
CD5- 97.57
CD6- 96.90
CD7- 97.70
CD8- 97.70
CD9- 96.78
CD10- 96.70
CD11- 97.27
CD12- 96.59
CD13- 96.80
CD14- 96.52
CD15- 96.80
CD16- 96.79

So as you can tell its very erratic. :( I understand that I may not be normal for up to a couple of months after coming off the pill, but I don't understand the shifts in the temps. Also my CM has been very consistent w/ what it should be in a cycle. Its especially been very EGCM.

thanks for letting me know about the OPKs. :)

Good luck :dust:

I thought your temp only goes up after ovulation? That is why BBT isnt really a good way of telling?

that's what I thought too ryder. I have no idea if I should do a HPT or not? I mean, Ive heard that the first month off the pill you can be super fertile, so maybe I ovulated at the beginning? But im probably wrong, this stuff doesn't make sense to me :o/

Dear OPK makers,

I hate you. You have made me bananas this month with all these 1/2 positive lines every other freaking day. One day +, one day -, One day + and the cycle continues. While I rely on your shoddy product, I also rely on other means to detect ovulation...thank goodness for that. Otherwise, I would have thought I was fertile, not fertile, fertile, not fertile, fertile. Now, me and my poor DH have tuckered ourselves out with all the bd'ing and when I do finally ovulate, I'm sure DH will think I'm crying wolf. I'm not saying that he minds all this bd'ing, but a girl can only take so much. My cha-cha is angry at you Mr. OPK maker (I know you're a man...I just know it. A woman would NEVER allow a product that caused insanity during TTC to be put on the shelves, NEVER). As a result, this is the last month I will purchase your craptastic OPKs. I will find something else to pee on to make the time go by.

Sincerely,
OPK Hater

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->