I hate the first trimester!

Marieandbaby2

Reaction score
I have been reading for almost a month so I thought I would finally post something.

I suppose I just need to vent a little. This is my second baby and I had the delusion that it would be easier this time because I am in better shape but... not at all!

The nausea is not that bad since I take Diclectin for it (I am in Canada). But it is a struggle everyday to find something that I want to eat (everything seems disgusting and makes me gag even the things I loved before).

And the exhaustion is terrible! I sleep 12 hours at night, I take a nap every afternoon and still, it is so difficult to just move! No disrespect to people who are sick but if I was not pregnant I would think that I have cancer or something really serious. I am even wondering if I should ask my doctor to test my thyroid or something.

Well, I am at 8 1/2 weeks so only a month of this first trimester hell. It seems like forever.:wacko:

Hey there, I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I actually have a doctor's appointment for later today because the fatigue has become overwhelming worse and I wake up at night and have to drink 4 bottles of water. It's crazy. Did they do lab work on you yet?

I will say that with my second pregnancy I was so tired that I used to fall asleep on my desk at lunch time! I had to drink coffee even though I didn't want to just to survive a work day. It was so much worse than my first! This one isn't so bad so far but I'm only right at the beginning. I think having another child to look after drains you!

Have you had your iron levels checked? Also, diclectin makes you like a zombie. My OB switched me to gravol last time and it was much better, and today the Dr didn't even give me a diclectin rx, just told me to straight start on gravol

The thing is I had blood work done 2 months ago so my doctor thinks it is not necessary to do it again so soon and that my fatigue is "normal for pregnancy".

I feel your pain, I've been in hospital over the weekend with HG & I've even got liver damage because of this pregnancy. :hugs:
I'm just telling myself it'll be worth it in the end, I think having a bump & feeling the first kick etc will help.
Only a few weeks left of first tri for me, it's felt like months & months :haha:

My second pregnancy was so much worse than my first.. maybe because you've already done it you focus less on the amazing wonder and more on the crappy feelings. This is my third lo, 4th pregnancy (minus my chemicals) and I am feeling much of the same way I did with ds2... Terrible, exhausted, sick, and done with first tri!! I sympathize.

Same here. I thought I would be feeling better now but no I feel worse. The nausea and fatigue are crippling. I just hope it goes soon because I just feel like crying

I'm 8+3 and feeling very sick. I am nauseous all day and very tired, and throw up pretty bad sometimes.

I'm stressed because tomorrow I have to wake up early for something, I know my sleep will be very poor due to the frequent urination and nausea. Also planning to eat at a nice restaurant with husband tomorrow evening and wondering how I'm gonna enjoy it. (I really, really want to enjoy it!)

Sorry for venting, but I totally get it! It's hard. And 4 more weeks of this seems so long.

Hi Marieandbaby2! I too am struggling with all day nausea! It's affecting me at work and interacting with my 2 year old....I live in Canada as well and am wondering if i call my dr, if i could get diclectin?
I've never taken it...

Hi Marieandbaby2! I too am struggling with all day nausea! It's affecting me at work and interacting with my 2 year old....I live in Canada as well and am wondering if i call my dr, if i could get diclectin?
I've never taken it...

You should ask for it! It may make me feel a little bit more tired but I'd take tiredness over nausea any day. And it is really safe so I don't see why we should suffer :shrug:

I've never taken it...

You should ask for it! It may make me feel a little bit more tired but I'd take tiredness over nausea any day. And it is really safe so I don't see why we should suffer :shrug:

Thanks! I got it on Friday and took 2 before bed. They knocked me out lol. Took another 2 tonight. Defiantly helping with the nausea but you're right, making me sleepy. Does the tiredness go away?

This is my first baby, and I'm almost to my second trimester, I'm 13 weeks along. This first trimester has been hell on me mentally and physically. I have had so much cramping, nausea, tiredness and body aches left and right. I have also experienced spotting. The doctors appointments have been good and the ultrasounds (2 so far) have been really good. I had my first u/s at 7 weeks and was sooooo scared that nothing was there, then the 2nd u/s was at 10 weeks and my baby was a hyper one.

I was told that I'm a high risk pregnancy because of my seizure history and my weight. I am a heavy set girl, and in the past 8 weeks I have lost 30 lbs because my nausea is so bad. The mood swings have also been terrible...but I'm sure this hot California weather isn't helping.

The problem I'm suffering with now is my water intake. The doctor told me to drink 10-12 cups of water a day... That is impossible for me, I'm lucky if I can get 6, 8 is really hard for me. So because of this my urine likes to be really dark and then I over analyze my toilet and my TP and hoping I don't see the faintest amount of blood...ahhhhhh!

So I understand you, and all the women out there having a hard first trimester. Sending you hugs :hugs:

Hi fellow canadian ☺..I have super nausea too this is my 4 th pregnency 9+4 weeks. .my nausea is getting over or I think it's getting subside and tired Ness kick in I m like with 0 energy can't function or even walk without dizziness and it only subside when I ate digestive cookies ...

Sounds like my last pregnancy. I just took one diclectin in the morning and two at night, taking two during the morning made me waaaay too exhausted.

But at least now I know that however bad this first trimester gets (I'm only 5 weeks), it can not be as bad as the hell on earth that is the third trimester! So I will count myself lucky when vomiting, falling asleep etc.

I've never taken it...

Thanks! I got it on Friday and took 2 before bed. They knocked me out lol. Took another 2 tonight. Defiantly helping with the nausea but you're right, making me sleepy. Does the tiredness go away?

It goes away around 11/12 weeks. I just took one diclectin in am and 2 at night. That way I could function in the day but still helped with nausea. It is a wonder drug. My dr gave me prescription right off the bat this time.

Hi. I 'm just 4 weeks pregnant and I am a bit tired. Other than it I am very fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->