I have a 8 yr old who's got Attitude!

Nikkie28

Mother Of 2...
Reaction score
I have a 8 yr old whos got attitude and i can't stop her from being so rude to her family and her little sister. How do i control her???

Nikkie28

I haven't reached that point yet but I would think maybe try taking away all things that she likes until she learns to listen. Also you can do something like Super Nanny and have a reward and something like a naughty spot

Everytime she does it, pick up and toy from her room, and put in the bin.
You'll probably do it once or twice and then after that she'll know your serious.
(worked my my three year old and my cousins 9 year old).

Doesit it break you heart when they do that xxxx

I don't feel it is a case of controlling her Nikkie, your fighting a losing battle if you try that.
She needs to learn that there is consequences to her actions, If she speaks to you rudely, walk away and ignore her, don't get into an argument, that is the worst thing you can do believe me.
If she carries on say something like " i don't speak to you like that so please don't speak to me like that, if you carry on you will not be able to watch TV/ play out/ have dessert etc...

You could also draw up some house rules, that everyone sticks to, speaking nicely to each other etc....

Praise her when she is being nice and polite, really go over the top, but don't give any attention when she is being rude

IIt might not work all of the time and it will take time to sink in to her, but above all remember it is an age thing

Hey Thanks Thats good Advice i am going to try that.

Thanks

My girls are 8 and 9 and can be obnoxious sometimes, I think it is in part an age thing!
I notice you have some younger children too, perhaps it is an attention game to a degree?

We generally ignore rudeness, and praise good manners. Although, if they really misbehave or are extremely rude there are consequences, and equally there are rewards for good behaviour.

I think the other poster is right though, it isn't about controlling her, it is about teaching her how to behave correctly and trusting her to follow your lead. Also, are you cranky sometimes? Perhaps she is copying Mum? I was always telling my kids off for bellowing "Shut up!" at each other really aggressively, and then realised I do this myself quite a lot, now I have stopped, they have too....

I have a 8 yr old whos got attitude and i can't stop her from being so rude to her family and her little sister. How do i control her???

Nikkie28

I know what you mean! My boy is same age now it's like what teenage attitude already??? I swear I was not so young when the stropiness cameon. He even got kicked out of his first day of Basketball. I was so embarrassed. We try and bring him up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->