I have a question....

bumphope

Reaction score
.... Probably the first of many! I have ordered books so I can try to learn, but eek! It seems like there is so much to learn!

If I put my last period start date in a due date calculator, I get a due date in the end of July... If the calculator also asks how long my cycle is (33 days) it says August 2nd.

I'm inclined to believe the later date I think? But how does it work? If my cycle is five days longer than the 'norm' why would my pregnancy be five days or so longer?

I'm confused!

X

You would be due august 2nd :) the length of your cycle determines when you would ovulate. I have a short cycle (23-25) days and This is what my doctor told me.

They work out predicted on when you are likely to have ovulated. The online calculators assume a lp of 14days but in reality its norm to have a range of 10 - 16 days. When you have a dating scan they should be able to give you an accurate edd.

Oh I see. Thank you! I was getting very confused! So maybe then August 3rd or 4th if my lp is a little longer too... Eek!

We are thinking of having an early scan so we can show our parents at Christmas, so hopefully they will be able to give us a true idea then :)

Thank you x

My midwife went off lmp and cycle length. She told me my edd but said it could alter a week either way after my scan! X

I thought it might have been a precise science, that was why I was confused hehe but really good to understand everything more now.

What did people do before the internet was invented?!

X

Less than %5 of babies are born on their due date. So forget about that 'number' and plan on having that baby in end of July, beginning of August. It should really be 'due month'

Your doc will calculate a estimated dd for you...this may or maynot change with scan dates:)

Less than %5 of babies are born on their due date. So forget about that 'number' and plan on having that baby in end of July, beginning of August. It should really be 'due month'

due date is a guesstimate...its not an actual date..there is a two week leeway either way for safety....:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->