I have an idea!!!!

Icca19

mother of 4
Reaction score
I have been thinking and i have an idea!

All us girls spend every month charting and calculating the perscise day to achieve that long waited BFP.

We temp and observe CM, spot every symptom, try what ever remedies a mother, dr, sister, nurse or friend can suggest to us.

They say that there is only a 24hr time frame that conception can occur (so it makes it rather hard to determine when that could be) and since every cycle is different of every women its hard to tell if were doing the mommy and daddy dance when we should.

So i pose a question..........

If you do the bedroom tango every day from CD1 all the way until AF arrives (hopefully this cycle she wont show) could that take all the calculating and charting away?

DH and I are trying a little experiment. Were DTD twice a day (morning and night) every day until AF arrives (if she does)

We have only been trying this method for the last couple days (im on CD7 right now) One thing that i have noticed with frequently DTD its actually making TTC very fun this month (not to mention DH is thrilled by the idea).
Instead of the charted and scheduled bedroom time, were having fun with it. Sometimes more than twice a day! Its taking the stress of TTC out of the picture (because we know were not missing any days) so were back to just having fun with each other.

If anyone had tried this approach let me know how it turned out for you, or anyone have any comments? im all ears (or should i say eyes lol)

Good luck to everyone this cycle!:happydance:

There's no way we'd be able to keep that up with a 1 year old in the house!

I thought doing it that often affected the quality of the sperm? I'm pretty certain it's not recommended to do it that often.

Everyday twice a day is going to lower your hubbys sperm count. everyday for normal sperm counts and EOD is best! i'm still charting but am not doing OPK's and since my cycles are crazy we're doing BD EOD this cycle hopefully it won't be another 2 to 2 1/2 month cycle!! We didn't last night but I'm making him tonight. We were just both exhausted. :) GL everyone!!

i had the same idea as this, that is what we are doing on our first month but just once a day, and in my book it says that if you have sex 15times or more in a month it has an adverge of 3 months for you to conceive, its in the book called "how to get pregant", i find this way fun too heheh :D

OMG, that's a lot of dancing!!! We would not be able to do that lol. And yes, it's not recommended every day cause there's no time for the sperm to ripen. We were told every other day or even every three days ideal. Good luck though if you do your experiment, i'm curious. FX witch won't show up!

Yes I have heard that too about affect the quality of the little troopers. My Dr told us to do every other day (and we have the previous cycles)
I have also read on a couple different fertility sites that as long as he has a healthy history and no problems with the quality of them that DTD daily won't hurt, in fact it incrfeases your chances!
I figured that we could try one cycle this way and if it doesn't work go back to Drs orders (can't hurt to try). But yes it is A LOT of sex and its hard work (we have a 5yr old at home) so I hope it pays off

This is also my first month temping so I don't have a chart to base it off of and my cycles range from 28days to 42days (so were not taking any chances)
Speaking of charting......does anyone see erratic temps through out there cycle? I'm not near ovulation time yet but my temps go up and down every morning. Should I worry (like I said this is my first month charting) so idk what to expect

This is also my first month temping so I don't have a chart to base it off of and my cycles range from 28days to 42days (so were not taking any chances)
Speaking of charting......does anyone see erratic temps through out there cycle? I'm not near ovulation time yet but my temps go up and down every morning. Should I worry (like I said this is my first month charting) so idk what to expect

read taking charge of your fertilty. you'll learn alot. sign up through my ticker the one with clovers for fertility friend and it will spot ovulation for you. Plus you can put in all your symptoms. You have to look at the big picture so don't look at what your temps are doing right now. When it shoots up a big ways or dips down, that's when something is happening.

Hey why not - worth a try! :winkwink: lol With DS we pretty much just went for it, and 2nd month in we caught! :thumbup:

We're trying the same again this time and we aim to DTD at least every other day, if not every day. I'm on cd6 - so plenty of time to practice before O time! lol

good luck and I hope it works.

YAY I found your thread! :dance:
DH and I are dtd at least once a day this cyle too. We've only missed one so far, and made up for it the next day by bding twice, once early morning and once late at night. I agree, this is making ttc much more fun, and DH loves having a mission. Even when we're tired and have to force ourselves at first, it ends up being fun and we can say it was "for the cause" I hope it works!!! :dust:

Hi Icca19.. Just checking on your progress and wishing you and all the ladies of this thread BFPs this month!!!! FX'd and baby dust!!!! :)

Hey girls so far so good! Keeping up with our little experiment, I'm on CD12 so any day now I think ill be ready to O. I just went and bought OPKs (for the first time) I took one when I got home at 6:00 and there were two lines! ( I know I'm a dork for being all excited but this is a first for me, even if it is just an OPK lol) the line was light but there and this morning test the line was a little darker than yesterdays but not as dark or darker than the control line.
So if I did my homework right I should expect to O in acouple days (or sooner) right?
Iv been charting my temps (first month for that too). I'm sitting in the 96-97 range. I'm thinking that should spike to like the 98-99 range after I O.....I think IDK
Any one have any advice?
Where's everyone at in there cycle? Anyoneready for the 2WW!? (I'm not)

Hena we've totally been thre too. DH and I have those nights were we really just ain't in the mood but once we get the ball rolling its totally worth it! Lol

Oh goodness. Me and DH tried that for one cycle and ended up dtd every day for over 6 weeks (I have irregular cycles). I'm definitely not going to do that again! It was fun at first but after a while seemed to just become more of a chore than anything. I can't imagine doing it twice a day for 6 weeks+ !!! Now we dtd just about every other day, sometimes every 3 days unless I think I may be ovulating, then I make him do it more (he doesn't complain hehe). I hope it works for you though!

Hello from sunny Alsace! We're still bding every day, sometimes twice a day. I'm cd13 right now and have a lot of ov signs, but my opks aren't positive yet (unless having one side of the test line as dark as the control line counts???) my temp was up today from yesteray, I'm hoping that's a good sign too. I'm new to all of this too Icca so I can't advise you, but I'd love to hear what others have to say!
We're going to bd tomorrow morning, then have to go two whole days with nothing! I don't know how I'll survive, I've really gotten used to this fun time :haha:

oh, and NO, I'm so not ready for another 2ww. I think I'll just skip it this time around. We'll keep bding, then if July shows up with no AF I'll test. No stress!

(yeah...right.....)

Icca, I am impressed with your "commitment" to the cause! :haha: Unfortunately, even if I wanted to do it that often, hubby's shifts would get in the way!! I am cd 11 today so should be o-ing soon.

Fingers crossed for this month!!
x

We are doing a very similar thing :) but started it on yesterday CD 9 and will be doing it everynight till just after my Ovulation happens.... Im pretty much Text book cycles e.t.c... I get good Positives on the OPK's tests... So i want to catch that eggy :) Im also new to charting and mine has gone up and down a little bit, i think that is just normal, but apparently vaginal temping is more accurate than orally, but its too late to change so may try that next month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->