I have an idea!!!!

me and my oh used to have sex 2-3 times a day or every other day when we first started seeing eachother, then it went to once a day, and then 3-4 a week, we now do it everyday just to be on the safe side! i didnt o last month, but this month i have, so im hoping that i have a little fertilised egg this month!!

Lol so nice to see others "breaking the rules" I know drs orders are every other day but I'm going to rebel this month lol
I'm CD14 now and still no + OPK but I feel it coming so I think by Wednesday ill be good to go!
Talked to my dr today and I'm going in for some blood work to check my progesterone levels at CD21 just to see where there at.....I'm a little excited and nervous at the same time. I asked if they would check to see if I ovulated (or am going to) this week but she said no so.....guess ill just have to wait it out

I have been thinking and i have an idea!

All us girls spend every month charting and calculating the perscise day to achieve that long waited BFP.

We temp and observe CM, spot every symptom, try what ever remedies a mother, dr, sister, nurse or friend can suggest to us.

They say that there is only a 24hr time frame that conception can occur (so it makes it rather hard to determine when that could be) and since every cycle is different of every women its hard to tell if were doing the mommy and daddy dance when we should.

So i pose a question..........

If you do the bedroom tango every day from CD1 all the way until AF arrives (hopefully this cycle she wont show) could that take all the calculating and charting away?

DH and I are trying a little experiment. Were DTD twice a day (morning and night) every day until AF arrives (if she does)

We have only been trying this method for the last couple days (im on CD7 right now) One thing that i have noticed with frequently DTD its actually making TTC very fun this month (not to mention DH is thrilled by the idea).
Instead of the charted and scheduled bedroom time, were having fun with it. Sometimes more than twice a day! Its taking the stress of TTC out of the picture (because we know were not missing any days) so were back to just having fun with each other.

If anyone had tried this approach let me know how it turned out for you, or anyone have any comments? im all ears (or should i say eyes lol)

Good luck to everyone this cycle!:happydance:

this is a very logical idea, but there is a set back..

your OH's sperm isn't getting the time it needs, it is strongest when you DTD every couple of days, or every other day..

but i like the idea of which your thinking..

me and my OH have agreed to DTD every other day or so and then every day before and after OV...

There are millions and millions of sperm so I would imagine as long as he keeps his fluid levels up then surely you'd just be getting the same quantity of sperm over the same time period just in smaller 'doses' by doing it every day!?

I don't know how anyone can stand that much sex...but I am unusual in that department I guess. I've been well impressed that OH and I did it 10 times last month, that was 8 times more than the previous cycle lol! He would probably be quite impressed with that idea though!

This thread reminds me of when we were newlyweds...

After I'd heard that typically only every 2-3 days is ideal for TTC, I thought no wonder it took us six months to conceive #1! I think it mainly depends on your husband's sperm count though. My husband is an all-around healthy guy, but he's bicycled a LOT in his past and we still ride our bikes a few times a month, so I think the sperm count may be a little below average. Just a guess though.

Have you heard of SMEP? AKA the sperm meets egg plan? I was running a SMEP thread where the ladies were having so much success I had no one left to do SMEP. You must have a much higher drive than most of the people on our thread b/c doing it every other day got very old very fast. The month we conceived we dtd the 3 days before O and skipped O day. I had charted for a few months and knew what day I Oed though.

Good luck!

EVERY day? You've got more energy than we do....

Since the little guys live what? - three days or so? - SURELY one of them will hit the mark!

With my luck THAT would be the very very ODD month I didn't ovulate.

yes it is a lot of sex! We've been at it for 9 days now (wow feels like SO much longer though now that iv put it in writing lo) I think DH actualy needs a break!
I know that his little men need at the very least a day to recoup. I know all this (being in the medical field) that's prob why I feel so naughty doing this. I SO want to get his little troopers tested but we don't have the $at the moment :-( he does have an 8yr old daughter so I know its not impossible but I'm afraid that a lot might have changed in the last 8 years.
There are millions of sperm and it only takes one right?!

Any of you ladies run on a longer cycle? If so when do you ovulate by? I'm on CD 14 (been checking since CD 11) I'm testing am and pm .....still nothing. If I don't see a surge then my dr wants me to come in and get some blood work done. I think even if I do get a + OPK I'm still going in to see what those levels are at.
Fingers crossed for a + OPK soon. Iv noticed that the moon is going to be full in a couple days soon. I wonder if I'm going to O on the full moon!? Possibly SMEP fullfilled!

My cycles were about 33 days and I O'ed consistently on CD21.

I'm prob testing way too early but I'm so irregular I don't want to miss anything. Its my first time so figured id start at the earliest I can and go from there lol
Id have to say my average is like about 33 days too ....I'm just anxious :)
What CD you on ?

Not sure if you are referring to me but I am no longer TTC. Just saw your thread and wanted to comment.

Better to do every other day at the most, otherwise his sperm won't have chance to regenerate properly, and you could also end up getting quite sore. Every other day is optimal for conceiving and takes away ANY need for charting unless people need to chart to ensure they are OV.

Wow gl with the sexathone, hope it works Hun why not anything is worth a try xx

i thought of that too.. but there is no way we can do that with our baby in the house :)

Iv had O pains all day! Oh boy! Can't wait to get home to test!
OPKs are still -.....hope today is the day!

I must confess, we missed a day two days ago, but we made up for it :)

Glad you're still going strong, Icca! I'm loving all the bd. We're not doing it am and pm EVERY day like you, but we've managed 10 bds in the 10 days since AF left. I find the more we do, the more I want! We bd'd this morning, but we won't be in the same place again until Friday so I'm already feeling desperate :haha:

I think I o'd yesterday or the day before (cd 12 or 13) but I'm waiting for FF to confirm. I'm not going to do the 2ww thing this cycle though, just dtd all the way until AF comes.

My DH and I are doing just that and I am now waiting to see if its paid off. AF is due thursday. I will keep you posted

Its a lot of work! DH and I got into a little fight last night and went to bed (just to sleep) I was still upset this morning and want going to try to DTD but DH wanted to. I think he's just as excited for TTC as me....or he just wanted some.....either way I'm good! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->