I have.....and bump is still fine..

Mm well, with my youngest I did everything I've done thus far (except I never had a few sips of wine while carrying him)... and he was born healthy and still is. My oldest, I followed EVERY single rule and was super nazi about it all... and he was born with a mild congenital heart defect (that thankfully resolved on its own by the time he was 6 months).

I've vomitted profusely because of a stomach bug over this entire weekend. Baby is still fine.

I've vomitted profusely because of a stomach bug over this entire weekend. Baby is still fine.

It's strange isn't it? There's so much pressure to eat a healthy diet whilst you're pregnant but some women have HG and can hardly eat at all during the entire pregnancy and are usually hospitalised for fluids since they just bring everything back up. Yet their babies are fine.

I'm not saying diet ISN'T important, it just makes you think...

I think our bodies are great in that way. Baby first and foremost gets the nutrition (is how OB explained it to me) and then our bodies get the 'leftovers' or none at all. When I was in 1st tri I lost 14+ lbs. Baby however continued to grow and stay healthy, my body took the loss, not her.

I think of my junk food in the same aspect... I eat a healthy dinner (for her) then my bowl of ice cream is mine to enjoy, because I feel like I fed her properly first...though sometimes I just eat the junk and she gets a treat too.

Hope you feel better Naaxi. I got the flu this year that just would not stop it felt like. No fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->