I have.....and bump is still fine..

Hey ladies, here are my dirty little secrets...

Drink coffee, mostly decaf or 1/2 cafe
Had a cold cut
Eat sushi (cooked)
Argued, DH really knows how to piss a girl off sometimes
Take hot showers
Drink tea, yes even herbal
Sleep on my back (not sure if that's ok up yo 20w)

I avoided caffeine in first tri but now I let myself have a little bit. If I have a caffeinated coffee I won't drink a cola in the same day but I like a bit of both. I don't think decaff is a problem so I will have that every day!

I have also had milkshakes. Most I've had before I found out of the listeria risk but I have had 1 or 2 since. I craved them too much.

I don't sleep on my left side unless every other side of me is way too sore or uncomfy.

I don't eat super healthy. I do try to fit in fruits and veggies but I love really starchy and fatty things. I'll eat myself silly on cheese (healthy but fatty), pizza and baked goodies.

Other than that, I've tried to be careful. I don't want to be paranoid but I don't know what has caused my losses so I'm just following the rules to make sure...even the ones I think are silly....like no deli. I would give anything to have a turkey sub right about now! But my doctor said no deli so I'm sticking with that. *sighs*

O ladies, so many people talking about hot baths and now I am craving one. I was dreaming of a hot bath last night. I think one is in order real soon....

Lets see...

HOT baths! <- Love them
Cold deli meats
Smoked Cig <- I finally quit!
Sip of wine
picked up heavy things
Mcdonalds <- Way to much!
DTD Rough

I did really well first trimester...
then I started with my hot, hot baths. I do make sure my bump isn't covered in hot water though. It's just so nice on my sore back and hips!
I also have had a bite of my kids cold cut sandwich a time or two and drank some diet coke.
That's it, I guess I'm just your typical rule follower lol

Btw, I had no idea we we're supposed to softly DTD! We DTD often & its usually rough :blush: but I've never spotted afterwards or anything!!

I take very hot showers. Lukewarm showers are just gross. I don't really care for baths. I took a hot bath a few weeks ago when the shower wasn't working and I could tell the baby didn't like it and I thought I would pass out.

Had hot baths,
Occasional alcoholic drink,
Smoked until 6 weeks then stopped,
Washed the car,
Vacuumed almost daily
Lifted heavy stuff and cleaned out cupboards, (oh had a go ate afterwards!)
Mostly i end up doing too much and then people tell me off but i feel like i can do most things i could before! Xx

-I got a tattoo a week before I found out I was pregnant (I was literally MAYBE 2 weeks along lol)
-I've had my fair share of fast food. But I try to get grilled chicken rather than burgers
-I also have subway once or twice a week.
-I try my best to limit my caffeine intake, but sometimes coffee is hard to say no! But I did completely avoid it my first trimester, other than drinking pop (sorry soda! we say pop around here lol)
-I've eaten calamari, but my doctor said it was ok as long as I didn't eat like 4 lbs of it lol.
-I was smoking before I got my BFP. I used an E-cig til I was 6 weeks. I had one hit of a cigarette because I kept craving it and I knew if I just took a hit I would realize I REALLY didn't want it. Yup, it worked I almost puked lol.
-

I've had hot baths
been in a hot tub
eaten rare steak
Used nasal decongestant and had lemsips
worn high heels throughout pregnancy
Slept in whatever position I've felt like
drunk as much tea and coffee as I've wanted
had a couple of alcoholic drinks

Some of the things ive done im not sure if they are 'bad' but noticed other people have them in their list so..
Eaten 1 mcdonalds- always crave it but OH cant stand them.
had a milkshake from mcdonalds.
eaten at a all you can eat buffet! read this can be bad as food is left out??
ive eaten chorizo a few times.
had one dippy egg since knowing i was pregnant.
i had tiger prawns before knowing.
had 2 mouthfuls of beer - separate times.
a very small shot glass of my OH's grandads home made chocolate schnapps on xmas day.
drank probably way too much caffeine in a day - possibly on a few occasions.
i sleep how i want, left side, back and mainly on my stomach & right side
I pick up/carry whatever i want, whether it be boxes, shopping baskets or shopping bags, usually get a look from people but idc!!
stood in a room while OH decorated.
i bang my tummy every day, if i don't bang is my doggies usually lay, lean or sometimes even stand on my bump.
Eaten PINK steak, not bloody, that's just disgusting.
My oh used a knife to crack open a egg, he then had the knife touching the raw egg, i then used the knife to cut my sandwich.. he panicked, i brushed it off, and guess what, we are both fine :)
not sure if its supposed to be bad for baby, but i often hold wees in.. the loo in in the cellar at work, i mean proper monsters & boogey men cellar, so i wont use it :)
probably many more, ill add when i think of any

Oh god, I would be so frowned upon if people knew half the things I have done!!

Drank tea and coffee as much as I liked (I am not a coffee fan but during latter part of pregnancy I have had an almost daily craving for Costa!!)

Repainted a 5 bedroom house, including glossing

Moved all the furniture round in the house countless amounts of times

I spent the ENTIRE first and most of second trimester eating pretty much only KFC, Macdonalds or Burger King...

I've had the equivalent of 2/3 cans of fosters during last month. (I am not a drinker but got these sudden cravings for Fosters after other half opened a can and I got a whiff, so I would have half a can then not want anymore, did this a few times)

I think thats it... I cannot believe how much I am craving alcohol and yet I am not a drinker! I drink like a handful of times a year at most!

It's so crazy to hear all the do boys, then see everyone who has. I cleaned my bathroom with bleach and I though DH was gonna have a tizzy. But the back door and window were open, and mybathroom is now clean!

I have:

*not stopped eating runny eggs and I eat eggs on a daily basis
*had some ham
*carried on at work as normal - doing things I shouldn't which I know because of the risk assessment I had last pregnancy.
*Taken a load of stuff to the tip on my own
*Done the cats litter trays without gloves
*Cleaned the bathroom with chemicals (though I do want one of those x5 steam mop 5 in one thingys that can steam clean your toilet.)

I'm sure there's lots more :D

Ps I haven't had a maccys yet but am craving so may be my lunch tomorrow lol :winkwink:

Lol XD!

Ah sometimes it's so good to be naughty --- and sometimes some of the things considered naughty are just silly. Morning sickness kept my pregnancy sins pretty limited, up until roughly 18 weeks... and then... the beast was able to roam...

-Have devoured raw fish/sushi multiple times.
-Have ingested caffeine regularly since MS resolved (think I've only exceeded 200mg a few times though [usually when I get into dark chocolate fits --- I drink decaff after a cup of regular, mostly because of the insomnia I've been having]).
-Have ate many runny eggs (and raw ones within other foods).
-Had a few bitty sips of Merlot with a rare steak on two separate occasions.
-Have a bottle of wine in my refrigerator, but am only going to continue drinking half a small glass per week.
-Have ate many sandwiches with cold deli meat (although from what I consider to be a high quality deli).
-Have had unpasteurized (raw) milk.
-Have had unpasteurized (raw) cheese.
-Could really only keep down fast food and junk when I did have bad morning sickness (even water was gross, I needed soda/juice!)
-Have lifted heavy things.
-Have cleaned with chemicals (though trying to limit my contact).
-Have had a few herbal supplements/concoctions/topicals not recommended by the FDA due to the unknown (but that I so arrogantly considered fine in moderation).
-Sleep in whatever position is the most comfortable.​

I've had cold deli meat, soft serve ice cream, gone snow tubing and sledding. :) Baby boy is fineee. <3

Oh and you don't really know for sure that bump is fine until you actually have your baby in your arms. So fingers crossed for you all hey...

Oh and you don't really know for sure that bump is fine until you actually have your baby in your arms. So fingers crossed for you all hey...

I agree with that, some of the effects don't show up til baby is born or even older so you can't really tell. It's hard to say baby is fine right now. Don't wish to spook anyone though!

I'm a little worried about toxoplasmosis lately. I'm lucky I don't have a cat shitpit to clean but I can't handle cooked veggies lately so I have no option there! Everything is well cleaned and I'm monitored every month for it at least.

A lot of the things you ladies here have mentioned is completely fine by the way ;) Like shrimp, pink steak, open buffets! There's no more risk there than when you're not pregnant.

I did everything by the book with my last pregnancy and my son was born with a congenital birth defect which wasn't picked up on any of his scans. No one knows what causes it and I'm just so thankful that I don't have to feel any guilt about whether or not it was something that I did which caused it. I'd be going crazy if I'd got a long list of 'naughty' things I'd done because I'd never know for certain that I hadn't caused it!

Guess that is quite true, but it's nice to hear that lots of ladies don't stop enjoying things when we get pregnant. Helps a worried momma out to hear that other pregnant gals are doing the same things, it passes time for some of us, and is an overall fun and relaxing post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->