I have my HB risk assessment today!

diz

Reaction score
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Its getting closer to birth time!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

hope it goes well mine will be at 36wks got to get through the growth scan and consultant and normal MW appointment first

i didnt no they had to do this. bit silly on part. just never thought about it. my mw hadnt mentioned it lol yet?! x

All went well ladies. Ive been assessed and okayed.

One worrying factor is that there are three areas in my region and they used to have two midwives on call from each region at anyone time. Due to cut backs, they now only have 1 midwife on call from each region. This means that if there is a HB occurring when i go into labour they will not come out to me. Im not going to worry about it and will cross that bridge when it comes to it.

On the plus side my midwife was very supportive about being monitored if i go over 42 weeks and still attending me at home when i am post-dates and go into labour. So its good to know that i don't have to fight that corner at all.

xx

aw glad it all went well! and it is good shes supporting you in your over 42 weeks plan. im putting about monitoring in my plan so i hope mine is as forthcoming as yours and i dont have to fight it ha ha!

Yey Diz, glad to hear it all went well!! x

I have my MW coming to mine tomorrow to drop off my hb box....excited is a understatement as I was in prodromal labour yesterday which if it had been the real thing would of shattered my hopes of hb!

aww thats gr8 hun, iv got my mw coming out in a couple of weeks to do mine :), but then got another growth scan and consultant appt aswell aroud the 37-38 week mark, id hate to get to that time and then be told no lol but baby was measuring well and 3lb14 at scan so hoping not x

Could I just ask if MW did the usual checks as if the appt was at the clinic?
I have to call my MW to do home check in 4 weeks but wondered whether it's more for them to check the house or if they carry on as if it was a usual appt.

mine did my BP, urine, doppler, and asked all the usual questions honey. Hope it goes well xx

I didn't realise they did a risk assesment, hasn't been mentioned to me.

I should be fine I assume, they don't class big babies as a risk do they??

I told them at my 12 week appointment and the midwife thought it was great and that I would be perfect for it.

I would hate to get so far and then be told no.

You should be fine. I had to have a scan at the beginning of the week and the baby is measuring on the 90 th centile. X

The home birth risk assessment is looking at your home and whether it is suitable. They check things like:

• access for an ambulance
• hospital transfer times
• whether you have a working telephone line (although cant imagine this is essential now a days)
• which rooms are suitable for birth
• heating and other requirements for baby

It's not a risk assessment for you as such, although they will check that you're still low risk etc. but at the end of the day it's you're choice to have baby at home and even if these things aren't 100% suitable, other contingencies can be made.

Hope this helps. Home birth hopeful 5 weeks and counting Xx

this is very interesting. I didn't realise they did a home risk assessment! A midwife brought the home birth kit on Monday and tomorrow another midwife is coming to my house to do a check-up (my midwife is ill this week so things are a bit chaotic), but they didn't say they'd be taking a look at my house to see if it's suitable. I think most houses in this area are the same two-up two-down terraced houses so they should know what it's like.
I'm sur it will be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->