• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have no excuses, Im just green with jealousy!

She looks great! I think its all too easy to just lapse into not caring for your body when you have children. My children are my focus but I do take care of myself because I am their role model.

She isn't just thin, she's really toned, and that takes quite a lot of work, like at least an hour at the gym if not more. And with such a busy lifestyle that must be killing her. I know my OH resents my two hour a day exercising, as do I... and I don't even nearly look like her so goodness only knows how long it takes her unless she does naturally have good muscle tone and reasonably good genetics. And then there's the fact that she isn't talking about health, she's advocating being the stereotypical sex symbol. Yes okay it probably wouldn't have the same effect if she was simply average but the fact is that many of the mums I know- and the number is in fact proportionate to the women I know who are childless- are a healthy weight with a decent level of fitness. That is good enough. But no, she's taken it to the next level, and given it a guilt-inducing title to rub salt in the wound. This is not a 'let's get healthy together' it's a 'look at me I'm toned with flawless skin and a beautiful face to match', and the latter is NOT attainable. Not realistically for most women, not if they want their sanity. Like I said, my exercise regime is killing me and I look nothing like that! Plus, there's the issue of no stretch marks or scars, and being flawlessly groomed; an unfair and unattainable reality for many mums who truly cannot get their tummy to look anything less than like a bowl of rice pudding. I dunno, I get why she's done it, especially as having had an ED she's gonna be super competitive and also have a sort of 'look at me and tell me I'm thin' complex (that's not a dig btw, that's something I've noticed both in myself and on pro-ana sites), which make me think maybe she isn't fully recovered, especially as she clearly places so much value on her image. Wow sorry for the rambling.

But no, she's taken it to the next level, and given it a guilt-inducing title to rub salt in the wound. This is not a 'let's get healthy together' it's a 'look at me I'm toned with flawless skin and a beautiful face to match', and the latter is NOT attainable. Not realistically for most women, not if they want their sanity.

Yeah, this exactly.

Sure, she looks great, but that pic paired with a "What's your excuse?" caption is not about being healthy for your kids, it's about being superior about fitting a stereotypical 'hot' image.

Frankly, she's probably got a genotype that takes her 90 percent of the way there, paired with reasonably healthy eating. I eat well and do normal active things with my kid and dogs, and I am (partly thanks to genetics) slim and healthy and happy with how I look. Do I have six-pack abs? No, that would require me to go to the gym every day, and honestly, I'd rather spend that time working on my novel.

And when that's finished, I can assure you, I won't be posting a photo of the manuscript taunting my friends that they haven't achieved the same thing that I've prioritised. Because that would be really dickish.

I don't think this woman is doing anything but bring pretty honest. We yrnfortunately live in a society where it's become the norm to be overweight or obese and it's a very frightening situation. Aside from the fact she looks amazing, the impact upon her health and mental well being are immeasurable.

She had an eating disorder, that's not a role model for being healthy, and I don't think guilting new mums into looking like that 8months after giving birth is healthy either. Looking slim and being healthy are not the same thing. She's about being the first not the second. Exercising excessively might also be unhealthy, a person needs to eat well and have some balance to be really healthy. There are trim people who just fall ill due to stress.

Personally, I could push myself harder to lose the weight faster, but I believe that would have been bad for my health with looking after a child and bf, it is better to do it gradually with a lifestyle that I'll keep.

I'm more impressed by how she got 3 under 3 to sit and pose for the camera.

Geez, guys--remember that words alone can be read in a variety of ways. If you are defensive about what she said, then it may be about looking inside yourself to see why. I didn't read her words as accusatory or egotistical at all! I find her so inspirational! She USED to haven eating disorder--now she doesn't. Awesome! She finds an hour per day to work out to keep healthy and look great. Awesome role-modeling. Lastly, she didn't create that body completely after having kids. She used to be a fitness competitor. Your body doesn't just get rid of all that muscle when you're preggers, especially if she worked out throughout. Finally, the caption is in reference to something we have probably all done at some point--we make excuses. You know it! And she certainly got us thinking about it.

And by the way, for some people, genetics are awesome. Some people lose all the weight within a month after giving birth, others don't. Definitely can't fault her for having great genes. She's beautiful! And inspiring to me for sure!

Geez, guys--remember that words alone can be read in a variety of ways. If you are defensive about what she said, then it may be about looking inside yourself to see why.

LOL, I'm not defensive, I just don't think I need an "excuse" if I don't look just like her. :shrug:

Did she ever say we need to look just like her? If that's how you read it...my point exactly.

Did she ever say we need to look just like her? If that's how you read it...my point exactly.

'I know you think you don't have time if you have kids. But if I can do it, you can do it too."

She posts a photo of herself in fitness gear, flexed abs and full hair and makeup, asking "What's your excuse?" and says other mums 'think they don't have time' to exercise. Not really sure what else you're meant to take from it. :shrug:

Further from her Facebook page: "With that said, obesity and those who struggle with health-related diseases is literally a 'bigger' issue than this photo. Maybe it's time we stop tip-toeing around people's feelings and get to the point. So What's Your Excuse?"

Seems pretty clear she's talking about fitness/exercise to me.

My opinion is this... 1.....it takes 9 months to put on the baby weight, and at LEAST 9 to get it off....so her having an 8 month old and each child appears to be a tear apart tells me that she probably had to puke her weight off for a few before she started toning up...2...she has to have good genetics as well, not necessarily meaning that she is genetically skinny, but that her genetics have good tone and metabolism....3....if she's running two business and raising a family...well, I find that to be an exaggeration...flat out.....there's no way possible to do all of those things and have no nanny....so while I'm bit hating on this woman or her picture, the fact that she needs to post pictures and caption them with "what's you excuse"? Also tells me that she is still struggling with her problem with low self esteem....hopefully she finds what she's looking for soon enough and has plenty if time for the beautiful babies she was able to conceive while others out here would kill for a fat body and rolls and hold a new baby in their arms rather than take photos for Facebook, run two business and hit her gym regime (whatever it consists of) to achieve that body....more power to her if that makes her happy...I for one, am very happy with the life I live, and the body I have and look forward to packing on the pounds when I finally catch the egg!!!

I prefer to give my kids a fabulous life of parks and swimming and playing with friends,learning and playing their own sports and developing tier talents than concentrating on what I look like.thats my opinion and what matters to me.if what matters to her is having a hot body and the other stuff doesn't really bother her then that's her prerogative.i work out 6 times a week and watch what I eat and certainly don't look like that.so I'm assuming she works out for hours a day.i am a part time uni student and between that and doing things for my kids there's no way is have more than an hour a day for exercise.which is what I do.so to answer her question of what my excuse is.i care more about my kids than my looks!!
I do find her picture offensive in a way and fat shaming too.just because her priorities are the way they are does not mean she has the right to judge others who find other things in life more important

Firstly, I think there is a big difference between being fit and healthy and being ripped.

Secondly, she runs two business? Has THREE children and a partner and has time to work out that much? I'm a SAHM so don't have any excuse, but for example husband comes home at 6, he hardly sees the twins before they go to bed, my 3 year old goes to bed at 730, so hubby eats and has about half an hour with him before he goes to bed, by the time he down and dishes are done we are talking 8pm. My husband does work out but only for about an hour a night, if he worked out more than that I actually wouldn't see him, especially as this pregnancy in in bed at 930 lol. If it were me working those hours, which I assume 2 business must mean that and more. I'd also need to find time to clean the house, do the washing etc, seriously where is her quality time with the kids? I know so many working mothers who find it heart breaking to be away as much as they are from their kids and I'm sure most of them won't use what little home time they have to work out for hours.

On top of that, I'm proud of my body, I'm not skinny but I'm healthy, I eat well, I run around after my children all day. I have Carried two babies at once, I'm proud of that. I've stretch marks all over my stomach, my skin has lost its elasticity, I have c section scar as well as scars from other surgery.

I think it's really important to look after yourself and your health, you have one body, if you neglect it it will suffer and so will your quality of life, however, when I look back on my life when I'm on my death bed I will promise you this, I will not be sitting there wishing I had worked more in my abs, or I was more ripped or I had worked out for an extra hour a day, I will be thinking of all those opportunities I wasted doing non essential things. The essentials in this life are your family, your spouse, because honestly all relationships need work and time and you can't just leave them and hope they survive because they won't, and your children, as well friendship and extended family. Those are what matter more than anything, it's the people who have loved and touched in this life that matter.

I'd rather my children remember a fun and loving childhoods rather than the sexiest mum in the playground. Yes be healthy, no one is saying different, but remember what's important.

I feel like I disagree with most of you guys here. I don't see that article as her being patronzing to other women. "What's your Excuse" is a common catch phrase fitness freaks post, I see it on instagram all the time and I have used it myself. I don't see it at all as being arrogant and good on he for being in such great shape. If anything she should inspire other moms not irritate them (at least that's my opinion).

Fitness is very important to me as a woman and as a mom. It is possible to work full time, have a baby and still work hard at your body; I know I do it too! I wrote a thread over at the Baby Club a few months ago about some mean comments I had got from other moms because I cared enough about my body to be devoted to exercising.... so this article and the negative comments touch a nerve for me.

It's fine if you're not in shape but happy about it. But it doesn't mean others who are committed to a healthy and strong body are being patronizing to everyone else or their priorities is not their kids. When ppl say "oh good on her for caring about her body, I rather spend time with my kids and hubby..." you are implying that her kids are not her priority which to me is a "better than though" attitude.

Sorry for the rant ladies!

Wowzas, that body with an 8 month old and two very young kids?! I'm clearly behind! -_- Seriously though - I really don't have the time (unless it's after 8PM and by then I pratically fall on the bed in exhaustion most nights!) and quite frankly I don't have the desire to put myself on a strict workout routine. I have enough of a workout running after my toddler and carrying my 8 month old around. My upper arm was so sore today after having carried her half the day while shopping. I felt like I had worked out!

Geez, guys--remember that words alone can be read in a variety of ways. If you are defensive about what she said, then it may be about looking inside yourself to see why. I didn't read her words as accusatory or egotistical at all! I find her so inspirational! She USED to haven eating disorder--now she doesn't. Awesome! She finds an hour per day to work out to keep healthy and look great. Awesome role-modeling. Lastly, she didn't create that body completely after having kids. She used to be a fitness competitor. Your body doesn't just get rid of all that muscle when you're preggers, especially if she worked out throughout. Finally, the caption is in reference to something we have probably all done at some point--we make excuses. You know it! And she certainly got us thinking about it.

And by the way, for some people, genetics are awesome. Some people lose all the weight within a month after giving birth, others don't. Definitely can't fault her for having great genes. She's beautiful! And inspiring to me for sure!

I don't think there's any other way to read those words, the word "excuses" is derogative. You could agree with her that those of us who don't care are making excuses, or others could think like me that we just don't care, we don't need excuses. That's just a different point of view. That poster isn't that big a deal, we just comment here to pass time.

I don't understand why she would be inspiring, probably because I don't see looking like that as inspiring (what's inspiring about that?) or that going to the gym being the same as healthy. You go to the gym if you want to go to the gym, if you want to be healthy or fit, you can do that without going to the gym.

I feel like I disagree with most of you guys here. I don't see that article as her being patronzing to other women. "What's your Excuse" is a common catch phrase fitness freaks post, I see it on instagram all the time and I have use4d it myself. I don't see it at all as being arrogant and good on he for being in such great shape. If anything she should inspire other moms not irritate them (at least that's my opinion).

Fitness is very important to me as a woman and as a mom. It is possible to work full time, have a baby and still work hard at your body; I know I do it too! I wrote a thread over at the Baby Club a few months ago about some mean comments I had got from other moms because I cared enough about my body to be devoted to exercising.... so this article and the negative comments touch a nerve for me.

It's fine if you're not in shape but happy about it. But it doesn't mean others who are committed to a healthy and strong body are being patronizing to everyone else or their priorities is not their kids. When ppl say "oh good on her for caring about her body, I rather spend time with my kids and hubby..." you are implying that her kids are not her priority which to me is a "better than though" attitude.

I get what you're saying, it's wrong to imply that mums who exercise don't have time for their kids, but it's also wrong of her (and the fitness freaks) to imply that people who don't exercise or don't look slim are lazy and make excuses.

Another problem is thinking that looking slim is equivalent to being healthy which is what got some people into eating disorder. I'm saying this as someone who's close to under-weight, in case anyone think I'm being defensive, I now eat more just to maintain my weight, but if I were bigger, I still wouldn't think I need to hit the gym.

I feel like I disagree with most of you guys here. I don't see that article as her being patronzing to other women. "What's your Excuse" is a common catch phrase fitness freaks post, I see it on instagram all the time and I have use4d it myself. I don't see it at all as being arrogant and good on he for being in such great shape. If anything she should inspire other moms not irritate them (at least that's my opinion).

I get what you're saying, it's wrong to imply that mums who exercise don't have time for their kids, but it's also wrong of her (and the fitness freaks) to imply that people who don't exercise or don't look slim are lazy and make excuses.

Another problem is thinking that looking slim is equivalent to being healthy which is what got some people into eating disorder. I'm saying this as someone who's close to under-weight, in case anyone think I'm being defensive, I now eat more just to maintain my weight, but if I were bigger, I still wouldn't think I need to hit the gym.

see I guess it depends on how you look at it. The phrase "no excuses" in relation to fitness has been around for a few years. I remember blogger friends with babies posting it when I didn't have Sofia yet and it really motivated me to be healthier and follow a better workout routine. I thought "if they can do it with a baby so can I". And that's still how I see it.

I agree that slim is not equal healthy. I have to work hard for my body as I tend to be curvy by nature but I would never diet coz I like food :haha: I just eat super healthy (nothing processed, no soda,...) I was very skinny as a teen but def not healthy so I know the difference:flower:

I feel like I disagree with most of you guys here. I don't see that article as her being patronzing to other women. "What's your Excuse" is a common catch phrase fitness freaks post, I see it on instagram all the time and I have used it myself. I don't see it at all as being arrogant and good on he for being in such great shape. If anything she should inspire other moms not irritate them (at least that's my opinion).

I remember that thread, and you did get some unnecessary responses. I agree she looks great, and if she likes to prioritise gym workouts, good for her. I also don't agree with the people saying she must be taking time away from her family to do it.

I guess my main point of disagreement here is that 1) you don't have to look like her to be "healthy and strong". I'm healthy and strong (and slim) but I don't need to hit the gym for that. I have a 12-kilo baby to haul around, and four flights of stairs in my house! My normal lifestyle is active and healthy enough, as are plenty of people's. Certainly, I do not have her washboard abs, but as others have said, I don't feel I need an "excuse" for that.

I do find her suggestion that people need an "excuse" for not wanting to be extremely fit/athletic quite patronizing, rather than inspiring, and I don't think that makes me defensive either, as another poster suggested.

Like I said earlier, I'm writing a novel - that's how I choose to use my spare time. It's not an excuse for not hitting the gym daily, I just have a different priority. I would never expect anyone to give me an excuse for why they're not further along on their novel, haha.

Meh. I lost all my baby weight and then some after my son and I was still squishy. I went for walks everyday and even went for bike rides 3 or 4 times a week. I've always had a squishy tummy even as a child. The rest of me was skinny but I had a round tummy. Genetics aren't really on my side, I guess. :shrug: I would have to work very, very, VERY hard to get toned abs and I just don't have the drive.

I do find that a lot of people who work out think everyone should have a gym membership to be healthy but not all of us can afford membership. I don't know, but my work-out buff friends annoy me because it seems all they ever talk about it how they love to work out and "oh, I ate this and this today" or "I had an M&M yesterday...I'm so fat". And they always seem to say it when we're out for coffee and one of us 'chubbier' ladies is munching on a cookie. It feels like fat-shaming though I'm sure they don't mean it that way. The lady in the poster seems to fall under that category.

I want to be healthy but I don't want to obsess and I definitely don't care about abs as it seems unattainable anyways. I just want to live life and not make my work out routine and weight the centre of everything.

I don't find it offensive at all! I know I don't work out, so I don't deserve a body like that. I just don't want to take the time working out like that. Of course anyone could if they really wanted to. Depends on your priorities. I'm skinny, but still got the tummy pudge. Just doesn't bother me enough to go hard core working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->