I have put around 4 stone on has anyone put alot on to

missl1

Reaction score
I am 38 weeks pregnant and put on nearly 4 stone iknow it's my fault but feel crap as iknow it won't just go x anyone else put a lot on

Not this time but I did with my first. Don't worry there's no point fretting now you can lose it when baby is here if you want. It took me about 6 months to lose it but I wasn't trying very hard

I am just scared I won't lose it I don't know how much will be baby and placenta ect but can't be much lol x

Not sure what that translates to here in the US but I've gained nearly 70 lbs!. I was smaller to begin with and just so hungry all the time in the first tri that I gained 10 lb every month. Since then my ravenous hunger has definitely stopped and I plan on getting back to running shortly after Allie makes her appearance.

I put on 2 lbs until I hit 34 weeks then I really piled it on after that, I just felt super hungry a lot! Trying to watch what I eat now though and will try to take it off once baby arrives, it does make you feel guilty though doesn't it

Yeah me, I gained loads last time too. It sucks but you just gotta lose it again. I lost nine stone last time (overweight to begin with) so I'm gutted I have to lose more again but it's just about buckling up and working hard after!

I gained 100 lbs last time, it was awful...sadly I didn't get rid of much of it, when I had my son I dropped 20 lbs instantly but the rest stayed.. so far this time I've gained 30 lbs, better than last time, but somehow last time I gained 20 lbs in 2 weeks...i have no idea how, I wasn't eating that much or that badly, though I wasn't eating healthy either.. lots of emotional stress too.. I'd like to say I won't gain any more this pregnancy but ugh I am sure I will.

I've gained about 20kg (44lbs), I've been ravenous throughout the whole pregnancy so have eaten loads. I'm not too worried, my sister lost most of the weight just through breastfeeding. My dr says it is normal. It does make me feel I've gained loads though when I see how little others have gained.

I'm not currently pregnant, please forgive me lurking around in here - I'm having nostalgia as I was starting my labour with my DD this time last year!

Anyway, I put on 3.5 stone, much of it in the last trimester (though I know I put on about 9lb in 1st tri as the only way I could stop myself spewing was to eat all the time!). I lost a lot of it straight away - over 2.5 stone in the first 3 weeks pp.

I struggled with the last stone or so, but started slimming world at 5.5 months pp. I'm now 12 months pp and I am 17lb below my prepregnancy weight. It's taken work, don't get me wrong, it didn't just happen, but as long as you have no underlying medical conditions (thyroid, pcos, etc), if you put the work in, you will lose it. I still have a squishy tummy, but it's gradually tightening up. It will never be the same, but that's ok.

I will say, though, in the early days/weeks, seriously, just don't even think about it. Enjoy that baby, look after yourself, and take it as easy as you can. Eat healthily, but don't eat to lose weight. Your body needs to repair and replenish itself after everything it's done over the last 9 months, don't punish yourself for not 'snapping back' to how you looked prepregnancy!

With my first i stopped weighing myself and refused to step on the scale at the docs after i hit 80lbs and that was around 32-34 weeks. A week after birth i was 30 lbs less that the last time i weighed in and im sure i had continued to hain beyond the 80.. I understand how you feel i was soooo depressed i would cry every day but i had lost 65lbs bY 6 months and all of it by one year after birth

Argh. I'm not exactly sure how much I've gained as I'm not sure of my pre preg weight but was weighed today and I'm the weight of a baby elephant. Trying not to worry too much as I'm sure a lot of it will drop off but I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not monitoring the gain a bit closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->