I have something to look forward to!

Shandelion

Reaction score
This is silly, but I have no one to dance for joy with so I'm posting it here where people will at least understand.

I always intended to cloth diaper, but I don't have a washer and dryer and I live in New England, so it's not warm enough to air dry. This morning was 44 degrees F!

Within a month I'm moving home to California, and for all I'm not looking forward to drought and 100+ degree weather, I will be able to cloth diaper because they'll dry in less than an hour :D I will also have my mom to teach me how properly, as I am dubious about my wikiHow learnt skills.

My son uses about 25 diapers per day, so this is pretty exciting on a lot of levels. I won't need to buy a huge supply of cloth diapers, I can air dry rapidly, I'm not buying 25 disposables per day and no more chemical filled disposables will touch his bum :)

Yay!

I meant that "thanks" as a "like" lol
Guess I've been on Facebook too much lately :)

Wow! 25 diapers a day! That's more than one an hour. How will you keep on top of the washing?

That is really great that the diapers will dry so fast for you in California. I had diapers and a wet bag on the line today and it took a few hours in the sun to dry them. I don't even want to think about how long it would have taken my inserts and wipes to dry! Haha! But that's Newfoundland weather for you, nearly June and still freezing.

Too bad about no washer. That would make it very hard indeed. Sad to see you move to Cali from this beautiful area. ;) hope it's a good move for you and enjoy your new diapers!

Wow! 25 diapers a day! That's more than one an hour. How will you keep on top of the washing?

That is really great that the diapers will dry so fast for you in California. I had diapers and a wet bag on the line today and it took a few hours in the sun to dry them. I don't even want to think about how long it would have taken my inserts and wipes to dry! Haha! But that's Newfoundland weather for you, nearly June and still freezing.

That's actually kind of conservative. A bad day is 30+. A bad hour is 4-6 changes in one hour. He pees small amount frequently and wont tolerate the slightest wetness in his diaper.

As for New England...it's pretty, but this is home. I learned to swim in this lake.

https://www.americansouthwest.net/california/photographs569/whiskeytown-lake.jpg

I think you'll need more cloth diapers than you realize. If you can air dry in an hour that's great, but you also need to take washing time into account. It takes me about 2 hours to wash one load of diapers, that's a rinse, an extra long wash, and then an extra long wash again without soap as an extra rinse. So, total would be 3 hours. If you only have a small number of diapers you'll be washing diapers all day long in tiny loads to try to keep up.

Have you tried fleece liners as a stay dry layer that might keep him from noticing the wetness right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->