I have to start giving solids to my baby, but I don't want to :S

triplemom

Reaction score
My baby is going to be 6 months on Tuesday, so I have to start thinking in giving her some solid food ( She is BF), She looks interested in what we are doing when are at the table, She sits up strait and is able to put things in her mouth, so It seems the only one who is not ready is me :blush:

I feel I will not have the time to do it, since I have two other kids and no help.

Does somebody else feel the same????:nope:

Why not give baby led weaning a try then you can just give her food to eat at the same time as your other 2 and she can feed herself rather than you spoon feeding her purees? I know what you mean about having the time as i have 2 other childrena dn im not sure where im gonna fit in feeding the baby! Between bottles and starting solids, you feel when you start weaning that you spend half the day feeding baby. Im gonna try and do more BLW this time to get her to do more herself (while at the table supervised of course)

I know how you feel, I've started giving Jacob the odd wee bit of fruit or veg but not every day and it scares me the thought of starting properly. Also my daughter is in hospital and we are running up and down so much that his whole routine is out the window and we're not home for normal meal times as visiting times are so restricted and it's an hour and a half round trip for us too, Jacob also goes to bed really early and is very grumpy if we try to keep him up longer so I'm panicking at how we're going to manage to establish regular meal times when we're hardly getting a chance to sort ourselves out at the minute :( I'm so exhausted as on top of all that Jacob still wakes through the night at 3am.

I love the idea of BLW, so WHAT'S THE FIRST STEP??

I am thinking of a banana, pureed of course...

THEN?? any ideas of better fruits for BLW??

I think, sometimes it is hard to see our babies growing up so fast!!
Maybe I just want to keep my baby close to me, just BF!!!

But I think the time has come too, and she deserves to start exploring the world too!!

If you're interested in BLW, get the book by Gill Rapley, it's great.

Banana is fine to start with, just cut it into sticks, absolutely no need to mush it up.

I've got 3, no really help as DH works stupid shifts (and when not working, sleeping), but feeding solids is not that much harder than BF.

We do 3 meals a day, and I use jars, which I never did with the boys but this time, I do not have time to prepare baby food. I wasn't keen on BLW, didn't see the point and the mess afterwards would just add to my long list of stuff to do.

She gets a breakfast of porridge etc because it is quick. A lunch of finger foods as I have more time then to clean up afterwards. And dinner is half a large jar with a desert (yogurt, fruit pot etc). She sometimes gets dinner with us, but right now she wants fed at 4pm then I have to make dinner for us and the timings just don't work to make her wait or feed us earlier.

You know you don't HAVE to give solids yet if you don't want to or feel she's not ready. I know many many moms who exclusively nurse for the first year. But BLW is another great option :)

I would like to wait more to start solid food, the thing is, the baby is so curious about
everything... She look at every movement We do at the table and try to reach the things on it, even the food ;)

On the other hand my DH is putting some pressure because he feels the baby should eat something else...

So I think I should start sometime in the next month, maybe i am going to do it in an informal way, I mean, not every day at the beginning to see what happens...

I am going to order the book of BLW, to feel more confident about it.

I would get the BLW book. It's really good to learn exactly why you absolutely don't need to mush up food for a 6 month or older baby - just let them learn to self feed at their own pace. Using BLW usually means LO starts solids very slowly. Ruby did not eat solids until 7.5 months and I'm absolutely convinced she wasn't ready for food until then, and certainly didn't need it.

We started today :)
I put her on her chair and gave her 1/4 banana in big pieces, well She immediately grabbed a piece and tried to eat it!!! amazing :)

She was so happy!!! Now I know She is ready to eat food. We are going to start with fruits, one at a time, let's see how it goes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->