I have to wait, but can't!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
After the traumatic delivery of my daughter 9 months ago I was certain I wouldn't want anymore babies. After therapy I felt so much better about it and now I just want to have another. I love my daughter more than I can explain but feel I've really missed out. I didn't get skin to skin for hours as I was in theatre, struggled to breastfeed so gave up after 2 weeks, then spent the next 6 months of her life in and out of hospital. I can't ever get those times back, but I would like the chance to experience it properly. We don't have the best situation for another baby but I want another so badly. How do I wait? Aaarrrrggghhh!!!

If you are not in the best situation for a baby right now then I think you need to sit back and just enjoy your time with your daughter right now. A baby won't make anything easier, especially if it already isn't the ideal situation for another child.

Maybe take this time to figure out how to make the situation better and work on that. Put another baby as someone to work towards in the future.

But how do you deal with the constant want for a baby? To have another we would need a bigger house, and since I'm only back at work part time money would be tight. Those sorts of things actually don't bother me though. I just worry that even if I had another baby I would feel like I would want another one after that. I just get upset when I hear others announcing they are expecting, or see others with their new babies all happy. Xxx

Maybe it would be beneficial for you to go talk to someone? It's ok to be a little bummed when you see others expecting, but what does getting upset do?

Focus more on raising your daughter and making her life the best it can be. Be thankful you have one when so many women out there are struggling for their 1st.

I can totally appreciate how hard it is to wait. I had to wait for nearly 5 years before we could even start TTC #1 earlier this summer.
I can highly recommend joining the ladies on the wtt boards - it was really helpful for me with the waiting period.
In the meantime, enjoy your beautiful daughter, there are still so many wonderful things for you to enjoy with her!! 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->