I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrayinForBaby

Haley's Mommy =)
Reaction score
I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

ok...just had to get that out.:thumbup:

Well, we have had everything else, why not religion?

I don't see god when I look into my babies eyes because I don't believe in god. I believe in the beauty of nature and I am intensely proud of my daughter - but organised religion is not for me.

What i will say...is anyone that has lost someone, tragically or not, would say.....how is there a God??? How can he take people away in such a cruel manor sometimes?
xx

I'm on the fence about religion. Part of me wants to believe in a higher power, but then I am also big into the scientific facts behind things.

Well said! Although Im not overly religious at all, I do believe in God and give such thanks to him for giving us 2 beautiful kids :flower:

How can anybody believe in God when there is war?
I have plenty more examples :)

Well said! Although Im not overly religious at all, I do believe in God and give such thanks to him for giving us 2 beautiful kids :flower:

Thats me, me and my hubby are good, but we aren't that good to make our baby as perfect as she is...I mean, I'm not a go to church and preach to people on the street type of Christian but I do believe in God and have my own faith, and when I first laid eyes on my daughter any doubt that I ever had in my life about whether or not to believe was confirmed. She is absolutely stunning and perfect in every way to me and I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful gift!

I thank myself and my fiance for our beautiful son. No-one made him except us :D

hmmmm. I wish i could agree, my grandfather was a pastor for crying out loud!
butt..im on the fence.

I do think nature is a wonderful thing tho.

I don't believe in organized religion. Not sure if I believe in some sort of higher power or being that gives two figs as to what humanity is doing though.

When I look into my kids eyes I believe in the beauty of nature. God doesn't come into it unless he was involved in the conception tbh. And I'm pretty sure my DH isn't god... no matter what he says to try and convince me :lol:

TBH when I look at Nolan I am in awe of what the human body can do. How one little spermie can find one little egg and it grows and develops into a person. Evolution v. religion? All I know is it is awesome.

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

When my Grandad was dying, i didn't pray/beg/suddenely believe in god. I just hoped that he would get through by his own strength and the help of doctors. Maybe thats just me though.

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

:thumbup: Well said

My mum turned to the church when her dad died suddenly at 56 - shes 59 now and im only 29... :( she said it was the only thing that made her feel better, when she walks the dogs on the field she talks to him and feels like he can hear her and god, some folk may think its mad, suppose in diff circumstances... diff thoughts xxx

I just don't believe in god. Looking into my babies eyes is not going to change that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back