• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasha, sending you hugs. These comments have upset me today and I know that they will have had the same impact on others in the same situation. We lost our children because of biology. It is hard enough to accept and live with without someone suggesting that somehow you have brought it upon yourself. Hope the rest of today is gentler Tasha.

Thank you so much, you are right it is so hard and to think people could truly believe that we somehow did something to bring it upon ourselves, is so hurtful. I too hope the rest of your day is more gentle. :hugs:

Thank you leelee and Dopeyjopey too. :hugs:

How can you watch the news and see countries at war, innocent children being killed in their own homes, women who can't have babies, people with sever disabilities which considerably lower their quality of life and believe there is a God?

I don't believe in God because I have never ever seen any reason why I should. I can't stand religion in any form, it may bring some people comfort but on the whole it causes violence and worse. Terrorist groups believe that it is their duty to their God that they purposely kill innocent people. The list goes on.

The nature of this thread is starting to get personal - please remember all members of our forum when typing replies.

All people have a right to believe in what they want, but that is your choice. Please respect others even if they differ from your own.

Can I add in my 2 cents

My dad is a vicar and I have had sooo many religious conversations with him

The bible to me is very contradictory, I mean in the old testament there is the statement an eye for an eye but in the new testament we are told to love our neighbour.

I dont believe, I never have, to me the scientific evidence is to strong and I dont think that when I die im going be on a cloud playing a harp. Did you guys also know that the bible says there are no animals in Heaven, not my idea of Heaven.

To the Op what branch of Christianity are you cos I dont think the church of England would agree with what you have said

How can you watch the news and see countries at war, innocent children being killed in their own homes, women who can't have babies, people with sever disabilities which considerably lower their quality of life and believe there is a God?

I don't believe in God because I have never ever seen any reason why I should. I can't stand religion in any form, it may bring some people comfort but on the whole it causes violence and worse. Terrorist groups believe that it is their duty to their God that they purposely kill innocent people. The list goes on.

Nice pic AppleBlossom xx

Just to add as I just read back and saw a post made by OP.... how can you possibly insinuate that people lose their children because they are non believers?! That is ridiculous!! My Nan's sister has gone to church two days a week every week for her entire life and she also teaches Sunday school. Yet she has never been able to have children. How does that one work?

AppleBlossom I thanked you because I wanted to be your 5000 thanks :haha:

How can there be a God, have you seen the world lately??

If he is up there, he took my daughter, she wasnt his to take she is mine.

V xxx

even though I'm a believer, I do not agree that people have brought it on themselves if bad things happen to them. The bible says that 'time and unforeseen occurence befalls them all'...so that means it's unfortunate and very sad when bad things happen, but it happens to believers and non-believers.

if those with faith were somehow protected everyone would become a believer, but that's not the case.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.... I want to be a part of this conversation so much but I'm just too temperate. I need to man up and start pointing my finger in some face. "YOU! You there!"

If the statement 'How can you not believe in God when you look into your child's eyes' is judgemental, then people on the non-believeing side have been judgemental too in that case, saying 'How can you believe when bad things happen??' - that's just the other side of the coin.

I often get the impression it's ok for non-believers to judge believers (for various reasons), but believers aren't allowed to speak about what they believe or they are called offensive. it seems strange that if one even suggests that it seems illogical in the face of some of the wonders of nature not to believe in God one gets attacked :shrug: - and I think that's all the OP did.

The OP built on her original statement by adding that those who have something go wrong are weak souls where the devil has been able to have some influence and to go on to say that she pities people who don't believe in God . THOSE are the comments I have issue with. I don't give 2 hoots whether someone believes in God or not- your life, your choice. But I don't believe and I don't intend to sit here and listen to someone tell me that my son died because of some personality defect I have. That is judgemental and highly offensive and frankly I do not think it is okay for someone to say that.

I agree non-believers shouldn't be pitied, but then a lot of people say to believers, they think we're silly for believing. I've had people give me looks of pity when they heard I was religious,because they thought I'm stupid for believing

But I think some of the OP's comments have been misinterpreted. She's being attacked from all sides and ever word she says is being looked at through a microscope, rather than looking at the context.

And there have been people calling her judgemental just based on her original post, which is just ridiculous, as it's just her statement and her opinion.

again I will say: why can people question why some believe in God but those with a faith cannot question why others don't believe??? discrimination??

I don't believe anyone with a faith is stupid. I just think religion causes a lot of problems, but then again what's life without problems. The only time I'll ever question religion is when it comes to ''cults'' and stuff like that. I don't think OP's original comments were misinterpreted, she said she could ''guarentee'' that when people are faced with losing a loved one they will be praying to god. I sure as hell won't be, wouldn't that make me a hypocrite? How can that be misinterpreted?

At the end of the day the way I form my beliefs is that religion has no proof, science does. Religion requires you to place your faith and trust in a power that can never be guarenteed and I, for one, am not prepared to do that. :flower:

that was not my quote...read back, but I do agree with it.

Just to clairfy, some people are taking things I have not said and putting it as something I have said. I never said that I believe babies die because of God or the devil, again, I think those things happen due to time and circumstances...read back I've repeated this time and time again. And I never said that people will be calling out to God when bad things happen. That was not my quote. I think everyone is getting mad when I respond but you ask how I feel about it or to "dig deeper" and then get pissed when I do. Sorry if you don't like what I have to say but its how I feel. You don't want to know then don't ask.

And as far as church, I don't go to church and I'm non denominational. I just believe what I believe.

Why do religious debates always have to get so stupid? It would be wonderful to have an intelligent, reasonable and thoughtful religious debate. *goes off into daydream* :dohh:

Exactly why I have steered clear!!!! I think slating peoples religious beliefs/or lack of is a highly immoral thing to do.

So basically you make it up as you go along?

No, these beliefs were taught to me as a child and I continue to believe into adulthood. I'm not saying that I don't sometimes question why or how, but I know one thing without a doubt is that God is out there and I have him to thank for my beautiful baby. That I do know with every fiber of my being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back