• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in God...and free will. I think it's unfair to use the argument; "how can you believe in God when theres war, death etc" because obviously God gave us free will...it's up to us what we do with it...God doesn't abduct a child and murder her...a psychopath does.
However whilst I believe in God--I totally understand how others don't, simply because a higher power can seem so irrational, and alot of the bible/other religious texts don't seem to make sense.

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Church is a fantastic business ;) great money racket

Sperm & egg made my babies

I also think if folk were themselves in a life / death situ they may alter their opinons drastically... with the thought of seeing loved ones / your child again... maybe maybe not im a so so beliver not a belive in something with certainty as life / the body / plants etc etc are miracles.... xx

I find that a very odd question to be honest. I'm not even really sure how to answer. All I know is when I look at my baby I see how amazing, random, strange and awesome nature is. It wouldn't even enter my mind to think God had a part to play because I don't believe in God, I believe in science which to me is far more beautiful and complicated.

To be honest I find it very hard to believe. If there was a God, why did he take my first child from me? It wasn't fair and I didn't deserve that. Just my opinion, I don't see why he would make me suffer?

To be honest I find it very hard to believe. If there was a God, why did he take my first child from me? It wasn't fair and I didn't deserve that. Just my opinion, I don't see why he would make me suffer?

Thats totally understandable rainbows xx:hug:

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

Definitely well said. I feel the same way. I believe in God but probably in the most simplistic way: that you try and live your life as best you can, then you go somewhere when you die and you meet up with all the people you have lost.

I would never force my beliefs on anyone and if someone else doesn't believe in God then that is their perogative, I don't find it strange. To be honest, I find the original statement a bit strange.

I can understand why you feel like this Rainbows. I have never been through something like that but I can see why you don't believe.

:hugs:

I'm so sorry you lost your baby...
Ofcourse you didn't deserve it. But if there is a God, it would be explained that because we live in a corrupt world, bad things happen. God didn't take him from you for no reason, just to make you suffer. It's the whole living in a world of sin...horrible things happen to innocent people. But it's not God doing it on purpose...sorta. Sorry i'm not explaining myself too well.
I can imagine that would be incredibly difficult for even the most religious person to believe after such a tragedy though. It can seem easier to believe in God when everything is right with the world (it does to me anyway.)

I used to have faith, but then we lost two babies and my faith went along with them.

I don't believe in god, I believe in Nature and the Scientific way of things. Me and my OH made Summer, nobody else. Everything we have, we worked for, IMO no god helped us, we helped ourselves and made our lives what they are.

I just don't see how their can be a god, why would certain things happen in life?

xx

When my dad was dying it didn't even enter my mind to pray to God so I don't think its something you can 'guarantee'. Maybe it made grieving more difficult but I'm glad I don't live my life in fear of what might or might not happen when I die.

I think all religious views should be respected including atheism.

I'm a militant agnostic - "i don't know and neither do you!" :lol:

I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

ok...just had to get that out.:thumbup:

So.. how do you explain the babies born with terrible disabilities etc and thats just for starters

Rósa;7786943 said:
I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

So.. how do you explain the babies born with terrible disabilities etc and thats just for starters

that was abit harsh:shrug:

When my dad was dying it didn't even enter my mind to pray to God so I don't think its something you can 'guarantee'. Maybe it made grieving more difficult but I'm glad I don't live my life in fear of what might or might not happen when I die.

Like I said in my post, that's my opinion and I won't argue any point of it. I will discuss/debate most topics. Religion I won't.

Rósa;7786943 said:

that was abit harsh:shrug:

I think its a valid question. If your baby is supposedly a gift given by God then how must it feel to be a religious parent of a severely disabled child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"