• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rósa;7786943 said:
I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

ok...just had to get that out.:thumbup:

So.. how do you explain the babies born with terrible disabilities etc and thats just for starters

Please see my previous 2 posts for a religious explanation for this..that tone is a bit mean...kinda like you're insinuating she's stupid for believing in God.

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

When my dad was dying it didn't even enter my mind to pray to God so I don't think its something you can 'guarantee'. Maybe it made grieving more difficult but I'm glad I don't live my life in fear of what might or might not happen when I die.

Like I said in my post, that's my opinion and I won't argue any point of it. I will discuss/debate most topics. Religion I won't.

I'm just pointing out your claim that everyone turns to God when faced with losing someone is absolutely untrue, why would anyone pray to something that they don't believe exists?

Rósa;7786943 said:
I know this is going to start such a huge debate, so I will forewarn with that....but its been something nagging at me for a little while with some people I know in person and now I've run across it on here so I just have to say it....No one even needs to reply to this thread but its my way of getting it off my chest.....

How on earth can you not believe in God and look into your babies eyes everyday!?!?!?!

So.. how do you explain the babies born with terrible disabilities etc and thats just for starters

that was abit harsh:shrug:

Why? if you believe God can create a perfect child, you must have an answer for the poor babies who are born 'different'?

Rósa;7786943 said:

Please see my previous 2 posts for a religious explanation for this..that tone is a bit mean...kinda like you're insinuating she's stupid for believing in God.

Nope, its not mean, and Im not calling her stupid,

Rósa;7786943 said:

I think its a valid question. If your baby is supposedly a gift given by God then how must it feel to be a religious parent of a severely disabled child?

as always its each to their own and circumstances etc for individuals will divide opinions xx

When I look into my little girl's eyes I think that the human body is absolutely amazing to produce something so perfect. Whether our bodies can do this because of God or nature is something for every individual to figure out for themselves. But I have to say, God wasn't the first thing on my mind when I saw her.

I believe there is a higher power but I'm still not sure what it is - have to say I'm not convinced that it's a man born to a virgin mother who went around healing people :shrug: I also find it difficult to reconcile God with some of the horrific things which happen every day - as an example, my mum had a very difficult life from when she was 15 and pulled out of school to work so the family could survive to being beaten by her dad to losing her baby at 5 months and then dying an awful death from lung cancer before she had the chance to enjoy any form of retirement :nope:

I agree that alot of people do 'turn to God' in times of despair but I have always considered this to be out of desperation for anything/anyone to help them, not out of true faith. If they continued to believe after the situation was over then fair enough but my guess is most don't.

Rósa;7787053 said:
Rósa;7786943 said:

Why? if you believe God can create a perfect child, you must have an answer for the poor babies who are born 'different'?

i am not taking this any further im afraid...

Rósa;7786943 said:

I think its a valid question. If your baby is supposedly a gift given by God then how must it feel to be a religious parent of a severely disabled child?

ALL babies are an amazing gift, including those who are born with extra challenges :shrug:

Rósa;7786943 said:

ALL babies are an amazing gift, including those who are born with extra challenges :shrug:

Of course they are, but if I believed in God I think I would be pretty angry that he had created my child to suffer throughout its life.

I am def not getting involved in this one, will say my piece then that's it. I really don't think it is something people should be fighting over on here, aren't there enough people in the world fighting about religion??? :shrug:

I really believe that if there ever comes a time in your life where you are faced with loosing someone you love, I guarantee you will beg, plead and pray to God as hard as you possibly can, maybe some people say they don't believe in God but I'm sure it won't be that when you are begging for his help. If I had to live with the thought there was no heaven, God etc I would be so terrified, I live with the comfort of knowing that I will see the people I have lost again.

When my dad was dying it didn't even enter my mind to pray to God so I don't think its something you can 'guarantee'. Maybe it made grieving more difficult but I'm glad I don't live my life in fear of what might or might not happen when I die.

Like I said in my post, that's my opinion and I won't argue any point of it. I will discuss/debate most topics. Religion I won't.

I'm just pointing out your claim that everyone turns to God when faced with losing someone is absolutely untrue, why would anyone pray to something that they don't believe exists?

Sorry hun, not open for discussion with me. No point trying for an argument, it won't happen.

Sorry hun, not open for discussion with me. No point trying for an argument, it won't happen.

ditto too many people on here have personal and traumatic issues i too am not entertaining debating it (for once lol) xx

Rósa;7786943 said:

Maybe, a friend of mine has a son, he was born with servere cerebral palsy, is virtually blind and deaf. he has eplipesy, he has a tube for feeding as he will never be able to eat, he has to be strapped into a chair as he cannot sit up unaided, he will never walk and talk.
He has to be sedated to stop the awful spasms he has from the cerebral palsy, he is on medication for eplipesy , he still has several fits a day. He is in hospital a lot from frequent chest infections and he actually now has a DNR on his notes :( He has lived like this for 8 years, he is in constant pain and moaning/crying unless sedated. If there is a God, why did he allow him to be born this way? What punishment did he deserve or his mum and dad?

I have said many times that I would love to believe there is some divine higher power out there watching over us all but I don't at all. I am however almost envious of the people who do because it gives you something to cling onto and gives you hope but to be honest I think that a lot of people choose to believe in a god because they cannot comprehend that when we leave this earth, we leave it and that's it. It's too scary for them to face that fact so they choose to believe in a higher power. I hate not being able to tell my 7 year old daughter that her twin sister is happy up in heaven and smiling down on her everyday but I can't because it would be lying to her. Personally I think that religion is to blame for all that is wrong with this world. And as other people have said how can there be a god when it seems that so many bad things happen to good, innocent people. I lost a child and cannot possibly comprehend why any god would want to cause such suffering and distress by taking this much loved baby to "heaven" with him, I'm sorry but no-one will ever be able to justify that to me. So no, I don't look into any of my childrens eyes and thank god, I thank the wonders of nature and the human body for the amazing things it is able to do. It is me and my partner who made our perfect babies without the divine intervention of god xx

Rósa;7786943 said:

Of course they are, but if I believed in God I think I would be pretty angry that he had created my child to suffer throughout its life.

The bible says we live in a corrupt world of sin, therefore we suffer. That's the religious explanation. Another religious explanation could be that God is "testing" us when such horrendous things happen. Also don't forget about free will.

I've lost family members and I didn't pray to God, why would I when I don't believe ? :shrug: xx

Totally believe in god. I lost my first baby and I don't know why but I know it wasn't gods fault. I have a beautiful son and god blessed me and oh with the ability (or tools lol) to create him xx

Methinks someone has stirred the pot and done one. If you know it's going to cause huge debate...why start it?! :dohh:

I don't believe in god, I want to believe there is "something" but I have always been a strong believer of reincarnation and that our soul lives on, I look in to my daughters eyes everyday and see love

Rósa;7787290 said:
Rósa;7786943 said:

Maybe, a friend of mine has a son, he was born with servere cerebral palsy, is virtually blind and deaf. he has eplipesy, he has a tube for feeding as he will never be able to eat, he has to be strapped into a chair as he cannot sit up unaided, he will never walk and talk.
He has to be sedated to stop the awful spasms he has from the cerebral palsy, he is on medication for eplipesy , he still has several fits a day. He is in hospital a lot from frequent chest infections and he actually now has a DNR on his notes :( He has lived like this for 8 years, he is in constant pain and moaning/crying unless sedated. If there is a God, why did he allow him to be born this way? What punishment did he deserve or his mum and dad?

I totally get where you're coming from, I just wasn't comfortable with the implication that babies who may be viewed as less than perfect in some way need an explanation if you see what I mean.

Why would a god take a mother away from her 6 month old baby ? Why would god take an unborn baby away from it's mother ? Tell me that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"