I hope you understand this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrads? Do you mean congrats?

I now see why this forum has rules. I'd like nothing more than to tell you how ignorant you sound, but I'll just leave it alone.

CONGRATS.

Seriously does it matter how you type. Its the same thing Please get it together. Lmfao. Thanks though, i appreciate it.

I'm still with OP. I wouldn't give a homeless man ripped and torn clothes, so I wouldn't dress my son in them. :thumbup:

Honestly, it's a matter of preference like I said before. I'd rather not have my son dressed in a onesie with a giant hole in it or something. People make assumptions, especially toward teen/young parents.

Onesie with a giant hole :haha:

Yes! The tye-dye onesie someone gave me, had yellow stains all in it that smelled terrible, and had a giant hole where the neck of the baby would be.

People would assume I abuse my son or something lol it just looked terrible. I threw it out honestly. :haha:

Congrats hun!!

Im not going to lie I did get some clothes from a friend that has some stains on them, not to bad of ones but I still wear them on her but for things like when she is really sick and at home so she doesnt ruin her other clothes, when we do some painting things or we are just playing outside. They do come in handy but i dont wear torn clothes on her.

Good Luck!

Yea I have a bag of stuff from a family member and a few clothes in there I loved but had a pale yellow mark just around the collar which we're going to try and get the stain out but this girl had given me things that had old crusty sick on the poppers :sick: that they hadn't bothered to clean and I couldn't even touch them let alone keep them. I do think you should accept anything you can get your hads on though and just throw out the manky stuff, like you'd do with the stuff you generally don't like :thumbup: then everyone's happy and unoffended :haha:

EW. LOL. :haha:
Thanks for the advice. Its better to say something nice than be judgemental. Im sure if they put up a thread and i stated my opinion they'd be just as upset. Im not upset though. lol

Congrats hun!!

Im not going to lie I did get some clothes from a friend that has some stains on them, not to bad of ones but I still wear them on her but for things like when she is really sick and at home so she doesnt ruin her other clothes, when we do some painting things or we are just playing outside. They do come in handy but i dont wear torn clothes on her.

Good Luck!

Good idea! lol

I'd hate to accept something and they be looking though my stuff like "Wheres that piece of clothing i gave you?" lol How would you handle that?

Congrats hun!!

Good Luck!

Good idea! lol

Thats the reason I kept ones I was given outside of my baby shower!!
TO use for things like that. lol

I'd hate to accept something and they be looking though my stuff like "Wheres that piece of clothing i gave you?" lol How would you handle that?

Like what do you mean hun?
The torn clothing?

Congrats hun!!

Good Luck!

I didn't even think of that :dohh: Great idea though! But like you said, I'd never put torn and ripped up clothes on my son. I understand what you mean though about the older stained ones. Like I have a shirt I used for Halloween that has blood stained all over it (fake zombie blood :haha:) And now I use it when I cook something messy or have to clean up something that can stain clothes (juice that my sisters spill usually)

Another thing who's going to buy thier newborn - 3 months shoes?? The baby book i read sed it would mess with the growth of thier feet even wearing socks! But an outfit isn't complete without shoes! LOL

Ugh im really behind! im mutitasking ! I haven't put up pictures or changed my weeks yet! I'll have it done when ive settled down lol

Personally, I think that is extremely rude. If you don't want to keep "tattered" clothes, don't. Its easy enough to just accept them and turn around and donate them or something.

Its not rude if you don't want them, its only rude if you be nasty about it. Do you not know the definition of tattered clothes? They are torn, with spots in them you can't get out. Why would i donate tattered clothes?! Thats stupid! If the clothes are okay but i don't like them i'll take them and donate them. I don't give homeless people tattered clothes. Im pretty sure the people who said i was rude for it give homeless people thier torn clothing. Now thats RUDE! Tattered clothes & secondhand clothes are totally different and so think before you make any assumptions as to whats "rude" or not. Thanks! :thumbup:

Sweetheart, you seem to be the last person I need an English lesson from. I've read several of your posts and I am shocked that you managed to graduate from high school.

Also, if I had no clothes for my kid, I wouldn't be worried if they weren't in the best condition. Hah, and just for the record, babies don't tear their clothes. Its not like they're running around outside.

That's just plain awful, what gives you the right?

Can you not have a disagreement, different opinions, clash on a topic without stooping to the level of trying to belittle someone whist making comment wrongly on their education level.

If an Administrator has reason to believe that a member is involved in cyber-bullying or member/website bashing, We reserve the right to restricted or ban the offenders account.

I have been given tons of clothes. Honestly I have never even seen a hole in them :/ sure a few stains none ever to big but to be honest she was either sick, or pooped, or got food on half the clothes i bought so i would rather her stain other stuff and buy nice stuff when shes older if that makes since or use that money on something else. Also if you are creative enough remake clothes with stains, put cute patches or something I have remade so much of my daughters clothing to other shirts or pants and it easily hides stains.

Another thing who's going to buy thier newborn - 3 months shoes?? The baby book i read sed it would mess with the growth of thier feet even wearing socks! But an outfit isn't complete without shoes! LOL

I think shoes shouldn't be bought until your child actually starts walking :flower: Otherwise it's useless and just a waste of money because if you buy them when LO is born and expect to use them when they start walking, you'll be shocked at how much their feet grows :haha:

Since we're due in March though, I've been buying a lot of 0-3 months sleepers, because they're warm and cover their feet up. Babies gotta keep their temp warm when they're born :flower:

EDIT - I forgot to add, I know from experience how much babies feet grow! lol my baby sisters Rilee and Maggie were bought shoes when they were born and my mom wanted to use them for when they started walking, but soon realized their little feet don't stay little for long :haha: In fact, my baby sister Rilee's feet are like half my size already! She's only 3 years old, and my feet are not big. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"