I hope you understand this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing who's going to buy thier newborn - 3 months shoes?? The baby book i read sed it would mess with the growth of thier feet even wearing socks! But an outfit isn't complete without shoes! LOL

Meeeeee!! I have grey baby booties with fur inside size 0-3. I got grey so they'll go with most outfits :thumbup: I never heard of it affecting them by putting shoes on before. He they hardly ever stay on though as they can't be tightly fastened so I'm just gonna stick with the one pair for each size. As you said it completes the outfit! :)

I only bought a few pairs of shoes just because she needed them for the cold nights and that and she would some how manage to get her socks off.

I dont know hun!! why would they be going thru ur stuff anyways?

I am sorry but i agree with princess...

AND no one is going to bring torn things to a baby shower maybe come by your house during the week and say oh i cleaned out lo's closet heres a bag of stuff but they would never bring torn things to a shower. and i find it quite rude that you would put that AND considering your struggling i wouldnt turn down anything.

I didn't say i was struggling at all in my last thread for one.
& It's rude to bring someone torn and tatterd clothes in the first place & i have a right to turn them down! Are yu people honestly kidding me?? I don't give the homeless i my torn and tatterd clothing so why should i accept them?
If all your going to do is be critical don't say anything because i didn't ask for anyone's advice.

"I don't have any money or financial support to do anything for it." This was from the other thread that you posted and the way that it came out was that you were struggling. I have been given stuff from friends and family that were not in the best condition. Like Leah said, you can use them for when you are just in the house with the baby or doing something messy such as painting. I do not think that anyone was being critical. I agree with the other girls that it is offensive to put that on your baby shower invites. If you do not like them then you can always throw them away or if they are in okay condition(no holes or tears) then you can donate them. For someone who said that they do not have any money or financial support, I would think you would be grateful to get gifts from people. The clothing that I have got that had little stains or stuff like that, I have been thankful for. Atleast the people were nice enough to think of me.

Another thing who's going to buy thier newborn - 3 months shoes?? The baby book i read sed it would mess with the growth of thier feet even wearing socks! But an outfit isn't complete without shoes! LOL

I think shoes shouldn't be bought until your child actually starts walking :flower: Otherwise it's useless and just a waste of money because if you buy them when LO is born and expect to use them when they start walking, you'll be shocked at how much their feet grows :haha:

Since we're due in March though, I've been buying a lot of 0-3 months sleepers, because they're warm and cover their feet up. Babies gotta keep their temp warm when they're born :flower:

EDIT - I forgot to add, I know from experience how much babies feet grow! lol my baby sisters Rilee and Maggie were bought shoes when they were born and my mom wanted to use them for when they started walking, but soon realized their little feet don't stay little for long :haha: In fact, my baby sister Rilee's feet are like half my size already! She's only 3 years old, and my feet are not big. Lol

What about when you take LO out? lol It is getting pretty cold.

Meeeeee!! I have grey baby booties with fur inside size 0-3. I got grey so they'll go with most outfits :thumbup: I never heard of it affecting them by putting shoes on before. He they hardly ever stay on though as they can't be tightly fastened so I'm just gonna stick with the one pair for each size. As you said it completes the outfit! :)

Oh yeah and I never heard of it affecting how their feet grow either, definitely going to ask my doctor! I could see why if someone used the same shoes for awhile because babies feet grow quite fast.

Personally I haven't bought any shoes but OH's family bought my son some little fuzzy socks and I have already bought him quite a few sleepers :flower: I think as long as you keep buying the right size and make sure it doesn't get too tight then it isn't a problem!

after reading all that..
CONGRATS! and hope you have a nice babyshower and a happy prengnancy:D
:hugs:

I think shoes shouldn't be bought until your child actually starts walking :flower: Otherwise it's useless and just a waste of money because if you buy them when LO is born and expect to use them when they start walking, you'll be shocked at how much their feet grows :haha:

Since we're due in March though, I've been buying a lot of 0-3 months sleepers, because they're warm and cover their feet up. Babies gotta keep their temp warm when they're born :flower:

EDIT - I forgot to add, I know from experience how much babies feet grow! lol my baby sisters Rilee and Maggie were bought shoes when they were born and my mom wanted to use them for when they started walking, but soon realized their little feet don't stay little for long :haha: In fact, my baby sister Rilee's feet are like half my size already! She's only 3 years old, and my feet are not big. Lol

I won't be taking my baby out until he is a little older anyway, it'll be a family bonding time IMO, and I've already got him a bunch of sleepers (they cover his feet) So he'll be plenty warm! And OH's family bought him little fuzzy socks anyways for his other onesies and stuff :flower:

AND no one is going to bring torn things to a baby shower maybe come by your house during the week and say oh i cleaned out lo's closet heres a bag of stuff but they would never bring torn things to a shower. and i find it quite rude that you would put that AND considering your struggling i wouldnt turn down anything.

& It's rude to bring someone torn and tatterd clothes in the first place & i have a right to turn them down! Are yu people honestly kidding me?? I don't give the homeless i my torn and tatterd clothing so why should i accept them?
If all your going to do is be critical don't say anything because i didn't ask for anyone's advice.

"I don't have any money or financial support to do anything for it." This was from the other thread that you posted and the way that it came out was that you were struggling. I have been given stuff from friends and family that were not in the best condition. Like Leah said, you can use them for when you are just in the house with the baby or doing something messy such as painting. I do not think that anyone was being critical. I agree with the other girls that it is offensive to put that on your baby shower invites. If you do not like them then you can always throw them away or if they are in okay condition(no holes or tears) then you can donate them. For someone who said that they do not have any money or financial support, I would think you would be grateful to get gifts from people. The clothing that I have got that had little stains or stuff like that, I have been thankful for. Atleast the people were nice enough to think of me.

Yes if were to live ALONE i would be! But because i said that doesn't mean im stuggling while living with my mother! If i didn't SAY i was struggling don't assume please. Its fine to give someone clothing with a few spots on them but it's another to it be over-board with the stains and tears. & If they weren't taking to to you, ofc they weren't critical but i think so. I wouldn't give clothes to anyone i haven't cleaned myself or examined to make sure they were good enough to give away. I guess your just another to not get my point here or on my other thread. If i were poor/struggling i would have said i was poor and i would give my child away for adoption. Simple as that, you or those people aren't going to change my mind with your bad opinions.

Oh yeah and I never heard of it affecting how their feet grow either, definitely going to ask my doctor! I could see why if someone used the same shoes for awhile because babies feet grow quite fast.

Personally I haven't bought any shoes but OH's family bought my son some little fuzzy socks and I have already bought him quite a few sleepers :flower: I think as long as you keep buying the right size and make sure it doesn't get too tight then it isn't a problem!
Yeppp ! I read it! lol In the American Academy of Pediatrics Caring for your baby and Young child from birth to age 5 ! Its really good it tells you how to bathe it and do alot of things you wouldn't really know how to do. I learned how to use those diapers you pin up. Which i would be scared to use, what if the pin pokes LO? :nope:

I won't be taking my baby out until he is a little older anyway, it'll be a family bonding time IMO, and I've already got him a bunch of sleepers (they cover his feet) So he'll be plenty warm! And OH's family bought him little fuzzy socks anyways for his other onesies and stuff :flower:

Would you consider buying hats? lol I think the coats with the bear ears on the hood are adorable.

Yes if were to live ALONE i would be! But because i said that doesn't mean im stuggling while living with my mother! If i didn't SAY i was struggling don't assume please. Its fine to give someone clothing with a few spots on them but it's another to it be over-board with the stains and tears. & If they weren't taking to to you, ofc they weren't critical but i think so. I wouldn't give clothes to anyone i haven't cleaned myself or examined to make sure they were good enough to give away. I guess your just another to not get my point here or on my other thread. If i were poor/struggling i would have said i was poor and i would give my child away for adoption. Simple as that, you or those people aren't going to change my mind with your bad opinions.

Hun, they are not bad opinions if some people doesn't agree with you telling on your baby shower description not to bring you old and torn clothes. They are just giving you advice what you could do instead of being rude on baby shower invitations.
I don't know exactly what you want people to say. If someone doesn't agree with you, they're not allowed to say what they think? :shrug:

Ps. Congrats on baby boy!

Would you consider buying hats? lol I think the coats with the bear ears on the hood are adorable.

I've already got some hats too! They're Chicago Bears hats (our states football team) :haha:

I don't particularly think babies need shoes tbh I just bought them out of my own personal choice as they are cute booties! :haha: Babies feets need to be kept warm but socks will do if their feet aren't already covered up by a onesie. Chances are I'll get sick of constantly putting them back on after Oakley kicking them off that I won't use them or buy anymore til he's actually walking :haha:

There is no need to be putting exclamation points. You can get your point across without having to "yell". I did not assume that you sre struggling. you did not say that if you were living on your own you would be struggling. You also did not say that you mom was the one that was financially supporting you and the baby. You DID say that you do not have any money or financial support. Most people would understand that as you are struggling. I have posted threads before and people have given me their opinions. So I have had people talk to me on my threads. When they posted on my threads I did not think that they were being critical. They were just stating their opinion and being truthful. I said that holes and tears would not be okay. However, the reason I think it is offensive is because you are assuming people would bring that type of stuff to your baby shower. If someone sent me an invitation like that I would be offended and wondering if they put that on everyone's invitation or only my own. Hopefully you can see why people would be offended if you did that. I did not say that if you were poor you should give your child away. If I was poor, I would not give my child up for adoption. I would work my butt off to prepare and provide for the baby before they arrived. I do not understand what type of bad opinion that I gave you? that you should not offend your shower guests? I did understand your point of the thread by the way so please dont ASSUME that I didnt.

Hun, they are not bad opinions if some people doesn't agree with you telling on your baby shower description not to bring you old and torn clothes. They are just giving you advice what you could do instead of being rude on baby shower invitations.
I don't know exactly what you want people to say. If someone doesn't agree with you, they're not allowed to say what they think? :shrug:

Ps. Congrats on baby boy!

I was practically kidding. I'm not making my own baby shower invites. But if your not saying it in good taste as if i said i wasn't going to be discreet about asking please don't bring them, then its a bad opinion in my book. Simply put.

There is no need to be putting exclamation points. You can get your point across without having to "yell". I did not assume that you sre struggling. you did not say that if you were living on your own you would be struggling. You also did not say that you mom was the one that was financially supporting you and the baby. You DID say that you do not have any money or financial support. Most people would understand that as you are struggling. I have posted threads before and people have given me their opinions. So I have had people talk to me on my threads. When they posted on my threads I did not think that they were being critical. They were just stating their opinion and being truthful. I said that holes and tears would not be okay. However, the reason I think it is offensive is because you are assuming people would bring that type of stuff to your baby shower. If someone sent me an invitation like that I would be offended and wondering if they put that on everyone's invitation or only my own. Hopefully you can see why people would be offended if you did that. I did not say that if you were poor you should give your child away. If I was poor, I would not give my child up for adoption. I would work my butt off to prepare and provide for the baby before they arrived. I do not understand what type of bad opinion that I gave you? that you should not offend your shower guests? I did understand your point of the thread by the way so please dont ASSUME that I didnt.
Why does that have to be seen as yelling? I wasn't yelling, i was making sure my point was well seen. You did ASSUME i was being ungrateful because i said i was "struggling" in my other post. So i will ASSUME it.

I've already got some hats too! They're Chicago Bears hats (our states football team) :haha:

I want hats with his name on them, but i think ill wait till his head gets to a certain size or whatever size its suppose to be. I read the head doesn't come out the size its suppose to be yet so it can squeeze through its opening! lol :haha:

I don't particularly think babies need shoes tbh I just bought them out of my own personal choice as they are cute booties! :haha: Babies feets need to be kept warm but socks will do if their feet aren't already covered up by a onesie. Chances are I'll get sick of constantly putting them back on after Oakley kicking them off that I won't use them or buy anymore til he's actually walking :haha:

Yeah they hang and slide off thier feet constantly.

I want hats with his name on them, but i think ill wait till his head gets to a certain size or whatever size its suppose to be. I read the head doesn't come out the size its suppose to be yet so it can squeeze through its opening! lol :haha:

:haha:

What are you going to name him? :)

OH has one of those deer hunter hats (or whatever they're called - they cover the ears and have fur on them) and he just bought Oakley a baby fleece version :cloud9: soooooo cuuuuute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->