I hope you understand this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love second-hand stuff sometimes the stuff can be brill and in nearly-new condition..the obvious things i buy brand-new

Deleted.

I find it difficult not to be completely rude, so I will say nothing. :coffee:

I cant understand,why someone in your position already struggeling for money,would refuse second hand and insist on having "expensive baby boy clothes".

Sorry but youve got a big hard shock coming your way!

Children don't need expensive clothes, as long as they are fed, warm, loved etc that's all they need.

Don't be so ungratefull.

:dohh: No one said they need expensive clothes. I think we all agreed the clothes with stains and whatnot are perfectly fine, can either be washed or used for messy activities.

But would you dress up your child in holey clothes? I think it's perfectly fine to accept the gifts people give you but doesn't mean you HAVE to use them. You know?

Not being ungrateful. It's a preference of what you dress your child in.

Yeah, in the first post she said she would have to :dohh:

No, but really I doubt anyone would give holey clothes haha, if they did, chuck them away. If you have the money you can afford to be picky, but her situation doen't sound the best. I got giving 3 massive bags full and we have used them all and SHOCK HORROR even the bits with holes in were kept for painting etc.

Well I guess it's just the people you know then, because I've already been given a holey onesie.

Also, I think I missed the part where her situation isn't the best? I thought she said if she were to live alone it'd be hard. :shrug: I have no idea!

Haha, it's nt just the people I know hun. And if someone gave me something torn I wuld throw it out, I wouldn't loose sleep over something so trivial.

Congratulations on team blue.

That is a good idea. I totally agree with you.

congrats on team blue, but tbh I think you rude. You should be thankful people want to give you stuff for a start. MOst people wouldn't give you tatterd and torn things and if you do you say 'thanks' and bin it later.

Why do you have to buy expensive baby cloths? Baby cloths dont have to be expensive or are you panning on buying levi jeans and abercrombie jumpers :dohh:

I think you need to look at what your saying!

Honestly, I think once you have a child you will understand how expensive things are. When I was pregnant I never thought I'd be buying things used, but things change. You realize the ridiculous amount of money that you spend on a baby and you'll want to save money wherever you can, thankfully buying used clothes is a great option because no one except yourself will know that they're used :D

ETA: And I don't know if you were just being sarcastic about putting that on your invitation, but hopefully you don't. Anyone in their right mind would not bring you nasty clothes as a gift. That would just be weird. And in turn would be weird for you to put that on your invitation because people would look at it and be like "Why does she think people are going to bring her nasty clothes?"

:wacko:

Doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor? :dohh: Can't i be just kidding??! :shrug: Sigh, guess i can't make "jokes" on here. :wacko:

Im on TEAM :blue: :flower: :baby: He flashed us twice. :haha:
Ugh i guess it time to buy all those expensive boy clothes :dohh:
I read that thread about someone giving her tattered clothes, im going to put that in the description for the baby shower and tell people straight up please don't give me anything torn or old!
I'm so picky about clothes! lol
& Im due March 20th ! :thumbup:
I'll post pictures later after i do my chores.

I would just like to point out that jokes usually have an "lol" or a smiley or something with them. We obviously can't hear your tone of voice when we are reading what you typed...it's hard to read a joke, iykwim?

Congrats!!

I'd word it different if I were you, like 'Good condition second hand things welcome'

Do all you girls feel anti second hand?? Curious.. second hand things have been a god send for me. I've become close with a few of the girls on here, and we've helped each other out with second hand bits. I gave an ex bnb member a couple of boxes of my little girls second hand stuff, and she's sent me second hand bits for my boy. And then Mellie1988 was wonderful and gave me loads of her little boys second hand bits. Honestly, either you girls are RICH or silly :haha: no offence meant! But the cost of new clothes ADDS UP! Remember there are other things kids need girls :flower:

Ps didn't mean any offence by this, if anyone takes any, I appologise. But I've seen this come up a couple of times recently about second hand clothing, but I've bought second hand for near enough everything :shrug: pushchairs, cots, clothing, nursery bits... of course we buy a few odd things new if we really like them in a shop etc, but hardly anything compared to what we have!

I love second hand :) The obvious things like mattresses, bottles etc are bought new but I had a lot of things given to me or I bought them in a charity shop. My swinging crib which should have cost over £80 was given to me by a friend. I bought a £20 mattress. Sorted :)

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/384143_2692220909917_1388356992_3060116_1798370332_n.jpg

The only thing new about that outfit is the socks and even they were given to me as a present in a nappy cake. The t-shirt is mothercare and the trousers are mexx.

Can I just say..... HE'S ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to the OP, as above, it's very hard to see whether someone is joking in typing, just the same as it is when texting. Unless accompanied by a lol or something like that, I tend to assume the OP is being serious. But regardless, I hope you didn't take offence to what I said, it actually made an interesting thread to post about second hand bits! Also: on the off chance that any of you get some old stained bits, just recycle them :shrug: I've got some not too nice stuff from a relative of someone who works with OH, but I thank them, go through it, pick out the best and recyle the rest!

I did just this for OH's sister's flatmate too, we were a middle man for clothes from the same person (relative of someone OH works for) so I sorted out the best bits and recycled the rest. It didn't bother me, some people see some bits as nice enough to reuse.

Anyway, thanks for your responses about the second hand things girls, it's been a real eye opener for me :flower:

You barked on with alot of defensive comments and snap backs to then turn round and say 'its a joke'..:coffee:
I think you've offended quite a few people on here.
I will be more than happy with second hand clothes.. Like alot of the girls..
It's called being greatful?
If they are marked or tatty.. You accept them, say thank you and recycle them..
Jeez it really isnt that hard to show some manners is it? :dohh:

Are you really going to put that on your invites? lol

Yes!! LOL Im not mean but they should know not to give anyone anything torn or tattered they wouldn't want anyone to give thier child that! Your not even suppose to give the homeless tattered & torn clothes!

After getting a lot of negative comments you said you wouldn't put them on your invites... :shrug: And now it was a joke cos there is 14 pages comments how no one agrees with you?

Ok... well.... your funny?

Congratulations on your blue bump :flower:.

I've been given a lot of second hand clothes from OH's cousin who's little boy has just turned 1. I swear my baby is never going to need clothes until he's 12 months :dohh:. I have no room left for it all LOL! I have bought bits and pieces myself but in all honesty, I would never have been able to afford the things she gave us. It's all from Next, Mammas and Pappas, Marks and Spencers, Baby Gap, The White Company etc - the things that aren't top notch still have the labels on them :haha:. She gave me about 40 pairs of shoes too - all brand names! Not to mention the Abercrombie and Fitch, Ralph Lauren pieces etc. When I was given the stuff she said anything you think is a bit done, just chuck it in the bin or give it to charity or something. The majority of the stuff was in great condition, gorgeous clothes and about a quarter had never been used - but there was some stuff that was a bit too bobbly or stained for my liking so they will be washed and i'll keep them to use as cloths for cleaning things down etc :flower:. I honestly can't imagine anyone giving you all holey/torn items or just one single holey item on its own :coffee:. If it's included in a bag full of stuff in decent condition then I would just get over it. I was the same as you in the beginning and wanted to buy everything brand new - until I realised how stupidly expensive that was! I would take what your given and be grateful for it considering it sounds like your living off your mum at the moment if you couldn't cope with your LO financially without her. & I know you said it as a 'joke' but I really wouldn't mention that you don't want 'tatty' clothes to anyone going to your baby shower or else you'll probably find no one will turn up :thumbup:. x

I just think if you said it in the first place you might as well have just stood by what you said, accepted it probably wasnt the brightest idea after you read everyones opinions, and left it at that. Resorting to saying 'its a joke now' just seems a little silly bcoz it obviously wasnt but yea, ok :shrug:

Children don't need expensive clothes, as long as they are fed, warm, loved etc that's all they need.

Don't be so ungratefull.

I couldn't have said it better myself Donna. Babies cost a lot of money and you will realise when you actually have your son that this is no laughing matter. Perhaps then you will understand what all the ladies who responded to this thread meant. Why would people even give you torn and tattered clothes at a baby shower? I did not receive 1 second hand baby item when I had my daughter and honestly, I would not have turned them away anyway :thumbup: And just to clear things up, the OP did say in her original post that she would have to;
buy all those expensive boy clothes
Wasn't really funny. :shrug:

Agreed Shannon. Nothing was funny about being a rude, offensive and un-grateful brat. Clearly :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->