I just don't know what to do :(

Evies mummy x

Reaction score
Before I became pregnant I adopted 2 kittens that needed rehoming, needless to say I didn't know they had flee's. They got further rehomed when I was about 14 weeks as I just couldn't cope with a 2 year old and 2 smelly kittens that used to poop everywhere (I was sick everytime I had to pick it up). Don't get me wrong they went to a VERY loving lady who regularly took in kittens and got them vaccinated ect. Before the kittens went I made sure they had been flee'd and they left here with none. However since their departure my house has still been infested by them. I've tried everything and I'm at my wits end. I'm constantly washing clothes that have just been washed because ill find one in the washing basket or something. Me or DD never have any bites so I really wonder how they are surviving. I'm considering flea bombs but I have no idea what to do. I'm worried about babys stuff being infested so I'm constantly washing that over and over again I hoover several times a day I use flea spray atleast once a day I just do not get it. Can anybody help me? I don't want a newborn in a house with fleas :(

We had this problem in rented properties, flea bombs work really well. If your in the UK, your local council will be able to point you in the right direction of who to call and in some places they pay half if you have children. Also they tend to hide in dark places so we were told while we were waiting for the flea bombs to be sorted, to open all the windows, turn on every light in the house and then the fleas tend to move to the darkest place, so you could put an open book upside down on the carpet and hoover around this book and then quickly under the book and all around the skirting boards and hopefully it will help until you find someone to help.

Hi hun
I also have two cats
I gave had the problem in the past the best thing for the house is indorex

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/flea-treatm.../indorex-household-flea-spray-500ml-can-p-677

You can get it at most places I bought mine off line,

Fleas r little buggers , eggs can lay dormant for a long time
Warmer weather
Heating
Hoovering
All these things can help them hatch

That spray is the business
Hth

Pop in to your local vets - they will have flea killers for the home that work better than the ones you buy in pet shops.

Get your carpets professionally cleaned to kill off all the eggs - flea eggs drop onto the carpet and can lie dormant for a long time. When they hatch they will chomp away on the dead skin cells etc that is always found in carpet, and then they will grow into the adult fleas you are seeing. A really thorough steam clean should kill off the majority of the eggs/larvae.

I hope this helps!

Thankyou for all your advice, I will deffinately be trying that indorex as the reviews are really good! I can't wait to be flee-free and not be paranoid about being crawled on all the time. Thanks girls xx

I was just going to say you need indorex. My cat had fleas last summer and the ONLY thing that worked was the indorex spray, since I used that I haven't found any traces of fleas at all. Make sure you do every single place you can think of, down the sofa cushions, in all creases, around the edge of every room, curtains, bedding, everything. It's a pain and has a strong smell but it really works. I know how frustrating and dirty it makes you feel, I thought we would never get rid of them.
I bought mine from the vets but I think you can buy it online aswell
Good luck Hun :)

Thankyou for all your advice, I will deffinately be trying that indorex as the reviews are really good! I can't wait to be flee-free and not be paranoid about being crawled on all the time. Thanks girls xx

Good hun and just for your info it is vet recommended n sold by most vets
It's great stuff and one can is huge enough for a house x

Just one question, is the spray safe to use in pregnancy? Or would I have to get somebody else to do it for me xx

I've just read the can quickly can not see anything on it to do with not during pg x

Our dog had fleas last year, no idea where he picked them up from! It basically took months of flea bombing, spraying, medications, flea collars to get rid of them. You need to kill off all the eggs, they can live off nothing laying dormant for ages in carpet & floor boards. Just keep bombing & spraying until they are gone (vaccuming won't do much, as they can still live in the bag!). Even when we thought we had got rid of them they came back 2 months late, but we were prepared this time & got rid of them very quickly.

.I didn't read threw everything but last yr we got a dog and had a huge prob even with hard wood floors what worked well is getting this spray stuff spray all furniture curtans base of all walls and put salt on carpet for 24 hrs none of it will harm dd or baby that's the only way we could :/ also I've heard of people putting a bowl of water under a light at night the fleas will jump to the light then drown

https://www.ehow.com/how_8025015_kill-20-mule-team-borax.html

All the best options have already been posted, but I would use the bombs, and then follow it up by bringing in a professional carpet cleaning service. Maybe even ask if they'd be able to do furniture as well. Eggs hide in other places besides in the carpet, and it would deal with any residue in the fabric left from the bombs.

But my warning would be that you had better prepare for some major cleaning after. Everything will need to be wiped down and anything you can get into the washing machine should go into it. The last thing you want to be exposed to those flea bomb chemicals afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->