I just feel so... sick? I think?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Okay, not really any idea what's going on. Maybe I actually have a flu?

Here's what's going on:

- Sore/achey all over
- Body feels heavy
- Feel queasy all the time, as though food is just sitting in my stomach and not getting digested
- Feel a borderline headache all the time
- Runny nose almost all the time
- Sneezing
- Exhausted, general feeling of just feeling horrible
- No energy, no motivation
- Gassy and it smells like every bad one my OH has ever craked off rolled into one
- And yeah. Just feel crappy. My neck/upper back/shoulders are achey as well as my hips and my tailbone/shooting down my leg. I think it's from the way I slept, not the same type of shoulder pains you get with ectopic and anyway I've had two scans neither of which showed ectopic so I'm not worried about that. I just feel so... crappy!

Anyone else feeling like this, or does it sound like I legitimately just have a flu or something? I am not coughing or anything like that. Just want to sleep all the time but when I lay down I usually don't fall asleep. Woke up many times throughout the night to pee or to eat and at 5am or so I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep for a few hours, so of course I became ravenously hungry. Nothing I eat today settles my stomach, just feels like it sits there in terrible nausea. :(

Wah. :cry: Lol. I want to feel better! I was feeling okay at the beginning of the week, besides one or two days of really bad morning sickness! I don't know why I suddenly feel so crappy. I feel so bad right now! Is this normal? What is this?

I think if you had a bug you'd be running a fever as well. Your list does sound like it could either be pregnancy-related or a bug. I'm feeling a lot of those things as well. My meds are finally controlling my nausea but I'm getting indigestion something fierce and am still plagued by migraines.

Maybe you are coming down with a cold and your pregnancy is making it feel worse. I've had colds while pregnant and those are always 10 times worse than when I'm not pregnant.

I think if you had a bug you'd be running a fever as well. Your list does sound like it could either be pregnancy-related or a bug. I'm feeling a lot of those things as well. My meds are finally controlling my nausea but I'm getting indigestion something fierce and am still plagued by migraines.

Maybe you are coming down with a cold and your pregnancy is making it feel worse. I've had colds while pregnant and those are always 10 times worse than when I'm not pregnant.

I hope I'm not coming down with something! Yeah, this doesn't feel like any sickness I can remember from before, so I don't know what to make of it and didn't know if I should be worried that I'm suddenly feeling so bad. I don't usually run a fever with colds unless it progresses to an infection so I suppose it could be a cold coming on. I could imagine that making pregnancy symptoms that already existed ten trillion times worse. Bagh. I don't want to work. I want to lay in bed. I'm thinking of flagging the day but I need the money. :sleep:

Also for the past few days my eyelid has been twitching periodically, the left one. I'm taking my prenatals and trying to eat foods that have potassium in them as I've heard that can help. The eye twitching seemed to come at the same time as the nasal pressure/kind of headache/runny nose/increased sneezing. I sneeze and my eyelid goes all twitchy lol. It's embarrassing!

Sounds like it could be a cold mixed in with pregnancy symptoms lol you poor thing. I do know that food takes longer to digest in pregnancy so that's probably why you feel like you have food just sitting in there. Nothing takes my nausea away, food makes it worse and the meds don't work, ginger makes it worse its horrible. I'm really hoping it goes away at 12 weeks cause I don't think I can handle it for much longer.
Hope you feel better soon and not coming down with anything.

Our bodies do weird things. The lack of fever is good as it would mean it's just a cold. I caught the actual influenza virus while pregnant with my son and that was the sickest I had ever been. Not in the way of nausea, but my fever was so, so high that I was having fever dreams and I could hardly breathe, it felt like my lungs were collapsing. I coughed so hard that is aggravated bleeding. Pregnancy is a dangerous time to catch the flu. I got sick over the Christmas/New Years break so I couldn't even call my doctor.

I have an upper respiratory infection right now and it was pretty obvious I was sick. I thought it was just a cold but I got a fever yesterday. I never get fevers so i panicked and ran to the doctor. Fever is gone now but I feel like crap and feel really nervous about possible affect on the baby even though the doctor says I'll be fine.

Oh man sorry to hear about you other ladies' sicknesses! I'm glad your doctor said the fever wasn't anything to worry about - I'd be freaking out, too. I sent my midwife an e-mail and a text (she can be called but she's usually really busy but gets back to me quicker if I e-mail or text lol) to see if she wants to see me or if this is normal. I totally forgot but a few days ago I also had a terrible sore throat, nose bleeds and gagging from the nose bleeds, the nose bleeds being caused by the sneezing fits lol... so I've been going through a bit of a fun time here. All I want is a couch, cookies 'n cream ice cream, a nice blanket, saggy sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and some Price is Right or something :haha: I hope she gets back to me soon, I just haven't felt like this yet in my pregnancy and I want to make sure it's totally normal and if it's a cold I want to catch it early. I've also been finding it a bit hard to breathe and getting out of breath easily, don't know if that has anything to do with this but I'd imagine so. I usually have to have the windows open and cold, fresh air coming in to feel like I can breathe.

I think I'm catching a cold now too. I'm getting a sinus headache and am getting extra phlegmy. Nice....

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well sky! Sounds like it might be a mixture of a cold and pregnancy symptoms. Gets lots of fluid, vitamin c and rest up. Feel better!

I've just seen this .....
I hope you feel better?

I'm 10+3 and today I took a sick day for first time in 2.5 years and baveng moved out of bed - I have All of what you're feeling except I don't have a cold/ sneezing.
I totally get the sick / indigestion feeling and so gassy too.
My back actually hurts / aches but could be indigestion

I've been worrying all day it's going to be a sign of MC I feel so sad and down today xx

I hope I'm not coming down with something! Yeah, this doesn't feel like any sickness I can remember from before, so I don't know what to make of it and didn't know if I should be worried that I'm suddenly feeling so bad. I don't usually run a fever with colds unless it progresses to an infection so I suppose it could be a cold coming on. I could imagine that making pregnancy symptoms that already existed ten trillion times worse. Bagh. I don't want to work. I want to lay in bed. I'm thinking of flagging the day but I need the money. :sleep:

Also for the past few days my eyelid has been twitching periodically, the left one. I'm taking my prenatals and trying to eat foods that have potassium in them as I've heard that can help. The eye twitching seemed to come at the same time as the nasal pressure/kind of headache/runny nose/increased sneezing. I sneeze and my eyelid goes all twitchy lol. It's embarrassing!

Eye twitching is just caused by tiredness - I get it a lot before pregnancy too so don't give that a second thought! X

Sounds like a cold. If you really had the flu, you would not be wondering whether you might have the flu. The flu is worse than childbirth in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->