I keep forgetting to take the pill. Which contraception?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to change. I forget most days. I even leave it next to the Tommie tippee machine ready to take at her 10.30 bottle.
I was one the depo for 10 years prior to ttc and I will never have that again. It took forever for my periods to return.

We are looking at ttc December/January time so what other contraception can I use, where if I decide to stop, my body won't take ages to get back to normal for us to try again.

I always used to forget the pill (I mean I would take 3 a week sometimes!) and never once got pregnant, however as soon as I stopped completely I got pregnant straight away!

Now that I definitely don't want another baby for a good few years I am pretty good at remembering it.

What about the patch? I am not sure what depo is? Is that the injection? What about the implant? I know it can mess with your periods but I believe once it is removed you are ready to start ttc again?

The only other one I can think of is the coil but that just sounds painful to me. Although once it is in it last for 5 years? or until you want another.

I got the injection. Read a lot of bad reviews but we have a lovely practice nurse who assured my it's best for my situation. I have no periods now and only have it every 3 months. It's not good if you want to ttc soon again (I'm not) because it can take a year for your cycle to return to normal.

I've used the patch in the past and the ring. Both are just a once a week thing so that may be easier.

We have had a talk and I think we are just going to use condoms for the rest of this year. I track my cycles so I know exactly when I'm ovulating. At least then, when we come to ttc again at the end of this year, we can start straight away.

So far ivee been good about remembering.but i set an alarm on my phone as a backup just in case :)

I've had the implant twice and now have just had the mirena coil put in to try and get rid of my agonising periods. Apparently mirena is good for this.

Update:
I ended up having the implant fitted.

I'm in the same predicament, forget the pill, didn't like depot, or patch! I'm booked for a coil next week but I could be tempted with the implant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->