I know being sick is normal, just needing some others to share how they got through

mommy2star

Reaction score
I am 6w5days, and I can't eat anything. Nothing sounds good, nothing smells good, I am on the verge of puking almost all day, morning, noon, and night.

Even water agitates me, I feel like I am forcing food down my throat, and given the immediate response from my body to gag and hurl, I just don't know what to do. I know everything is fine with the baby... (as best one can) and that this is considered a normal thing to experience, but I need help getting through... I feel hungry a lot, but even thinking about food is enough sometimes to make me want to up-chuck.

Ginger helps a little, but it smells awful right now, and tastes almost as bad. Did anyone or is anyone experiencing this, and how did you/ are you dealing with it?

I sipped gingerale with A lot of ice. It helped. Also try to eat carbs, easy to stomach sng keeps you full. (I basically lived off bagels for 3 months).

I'm about at the same point as you (in fact, I think we might have the same due date!) and it's awful, isn't it?

I'm currently doing this regime and it's helping but not preventing the sickness:
- Ginger and Lemon tea
- For cold drinks, I made a syrup with lime juice, ginger and sugar (boiled it all up together) and I dilute a little bit with sparkling water, seems to help a bit
- I'm wearing sea-sickness wristbands
- Never let my stomach get totally empty. Eating small portions of something plain often - one slice of toast, dry crackers, biscuit
- If you don't like ginger, see if you can get arrowroot biscuits, my mother swears by them
- Today I just started ginger capsules which you just swallow like pills so you don't have to taste the ginger (dunno yet if they will help!)
- Take my folic acid/prenatal at bedtimes, since it makes it worse
- Sleep it off every chance I get!
- Eat whatever you can stomach, whenever you can. My diet is currently bland carbs (pasta goes down easy), cheddar cheese, tomatoes. Also chicken, but only if it's covered in something spicy.
- Go outside for a minute if possible. Last thing I want to do but it does usually take the edge off.

And know that we're all in it together.

Are you hot or cold? I heard if you're cold you need ginger & if you're hot you need peppermint - but they're Chinese remedies so not guaranteed. I am finding acupressure is helping - you can get bracelets for it but im just pressing the points repeatedly when I feel sick & it's helping.
xo.

I have found the seasickness wrist bands have helped a lot. It hasn't taken the sickness away completely but it's more manageable.

Nothing worked for me, not ginger, not crackers, I couldnt even sip water. I lost a stone within 2 weeks. I'd reccomend sickness bands 100%.... I never took them off, like PP said it doesnt take it away completely but deffinetly helped me make it through the day & I was able to manage eating bits here and there. :)

I just wish I'd tried them sooner. Xx

I started with severe morning sickness at 5 weeks, and it has continued through now (10 weeks 6 days). I couldn't keep down food, water, ginger ale, NOTHING. I went to my doctor at 7 weeks, and she suggested Doxylamine (which is generic Unisom, an OTC sleep aid) 1/2 tablet (12.5mg) along with vitamin B6. The doxylamine helped A LOT for about 2 weeks, then stopped and I was back to puking up everything. I called again, and she prescribed Zofran. That actually made me feel worse (headache, tired) and didn't help my nausea.

Finally, I decided to cycle between doxylamine and diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl), taking one tablet of one or the other at bedtime. That's been working pretty well ... sometimes I get some break through nausea/vomiting, but overall they help with the nausea AND with sleep (they both make me very drowsy, so I only take at bedtime).

I would talk to your doctor first, but the OTC antihistamines worked for me, and they are pretty cheap. That along with eating what feels OK, small portions, and yes I did buy the "Preggi Pops" has helped get me through the worst of it. That said, I'm looking forward to the 12 week mark when they say it is supposed to start going away ...

I find ice pops and ice lollies help me temporarily. There are also things called lillipops that are ice pops in special flavours to combat sickness.

I'm also on medication. I suffered since about 5 weeks with the sickness and it isn't going anywhere for me. I got put on them at 8 weeks and wished I had them sooner.

Other than that, nothing has seems to work for me.
I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->