I know I shouldn't worry....

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
But I do!

My LO is 1 in 2 weeks and she doesn't crawl, stand with furniture and is not showing any signs of walking, yet some of my friend's babies are doing all those things and a couple of them are younger! I know all babies develop at different stages but is there anything I can do to encourage her along?

I expect she will just pull herself up on the sofa one day and start walking along it.. some babies never crawl and just go straight in, others may crawl for a week and then get up or just use crawling / rolling to get to something to climb up to standing.
You know what I will say... don't worry!
Maybe if there is something she can reach - the sofa for example put something there she likes, food? tv remote? mobile? etc and see what she does when you encourage her over.
If she goes straight into walking watch out!!!
hahaha xx

I found that everytime i tried/try to get Izzy walking it makes her more reluctant to be honest, she can walk now but chooses not to most of the time, if i try to get her to walk she has a tantrum! so i just let her get on with it and praise her when she does choose to walk. She didnt take her first steps until 14 months, beforehand she showed no interest in walking and then suddenly she took a couple of steps! her little friend started at 10 months and is now a competent walker, its very hard not to compare x

Thanks ouchwithNo.2.

Maybe if there is something she can reach - the sofa for example put something there she likes, food? tv remote? mobile? etc and see what she does when you encourage her over.

We have tried this and she just gets upset because she can't reach!

Thanks ouchwithNo.2.

We have tried this and she just gets upset because she can't reach!

I bet she just gets up one day :winkwink:
How about if you were to hold her up to the sofa, lay her arms out on it for support and then gradullay release your grip on her but stay near and let her play with something on the sofa?
Its when the realise what they are doing then panic or get excited and it all goes wobbly :wacko:

I never crawled and then on my first birthday I just got up and walked across the room. No stumbles, no wobbles just straight into full on walking as if I'd been doing it all my life.

i agree with you angel even tho folk say dont worry you do and you do look round at mum n toddlers etc and think... ahhhh he/shes younger than... etc we all do it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->