i know i'm being silly

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
sorry, you might think i'm being silly and what i'm going on about...

i'm with the baby 24/7 and few days ago when OH had him for 5 min he had his first laugh with OH
I was excited
last night he had his 2nd laugh, and again with OH after he got the baby with him for a few min.

dont get me wrong, i love to see him laugh and happy
but i got quite emotional lately and tonight OH had him for a few min while i was outside putting the washing on the line and i heard him laughed again(he's teething really bad and been crying all day)
why not with me :cry:
is mummy not funny:sad2:

:hugs: oh sweetie, i think its completely understandable how you feel :hugs: i always think its a fresh face they see and laugh/smile at. i'm too with maddi 24/7 and she always starts laughing at different faces x x x

Caitlyn has only ever laughed with me ONCE she always finds other people funny. It upsets me too :( xx

Olivia is like this, I found this alot whilst I was off work on Mat leave, I suppose she associated me as feeding, bathing, nappy changing, although we did play and she on occasions giggled it was mainly for daddy even if I had done the same thing...

I put it down to because she didnt see Chris as much as she saw me she associated him more with play.

I think its still the same now really. If Chris puts her in bed on a night she creates and wants to play with him, if he goes back in to check on her when shes crying and he's put her down her mood changes straight away and shes giggling and smiling at him where as if i put her down on a night she goes down 9 out of 10 times

Dont worry hun. Its nothing you have done

x

They do that because they know that they can cry and whine with mum :) and OH'S wont deal with it lol

So glad you asked this as I have been worrying about that all along!! Happens with us too.

:hug: You're not alone, Hannah laughs more with her daddy too

aww hun im sure you just as funny its just he knows dady wont help if he winges lol

I call my OH the "Play Toy". My LO associates him with funny noise, faces and will also laugh for him. I can try do the exact same thing and only get a smile.

I'll take you a bet that when you LO isn't feeling well or need comfort for any reason, then its mummy they want. Mom's and Dad's just have different roles. I've learnt to accept this. I know my OH used to hate that he couldn't settle my boy is he was upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->