I know I'm being stupidly paranoid...

Bexy

Reaction score
...but if anyone can put my mind at ease it would be appreciated!

Basically I'm 16 weeks today - 12 week scan was all fine - what is weird is I don't particularly feel pregnant at all - my boobs are still pretty sore and I have a slight bump but it looks more like a flabby belly than a proper bump iykwim? I haven't put on any weight (although I started off on the upper weight limit for my height :blush:)

Should I be particularly big at this stage or could it be the next few weeks is when bump starts to grow?

I have my midwife appt on Weds - not sure whether they have a doppler (do they usually?) but hearing the heartbeat would greatly reduce my worrying I'm sure!!!

I feel so silly as I waited soooooo long to get preggo and now I am I just spend time worrying about everything which I know is only natural - I suppose my biggest worry is that the baby dies and I don't know about it until my next scan - I know this may sound silly but that is what I actually spend all day thinking about... :shrug:

I don't even dare to think about what I might buy (cot, pram, clothes etc) as I'm scared it will jinx it..

Congrats on 16 weeks.

You are not being silly at all. I've only just started to feel movement - I think it is that and not wind anyway :blush: - over past few weeks and only now beginning to realise that I've got something inside me. But it still feels a little odd. I had my MW appointment last week and she eventually found the heartbeat so that made me feel so much better.

You better believe it, there is a baby in there, you are just in limbo land at the moment because you can't feel anything. So don't worry Bexy xxx

Dont worry hon, am sure everything is fine.
I didnt get much of a bump until 20 weeks, at 16 I had nothing!

Your mw will almost certainly have a doppler and do the hb, they did at my 16 wk appt.

Take care and try not to worry x

totally normal. I am 24 weeks and have the smallest bump. I don't even look pregnant

Take each day at a time. The MW should use a doppler, if not ask her to, to put your mind at ease. I still panic all the time. We're mothers now. It's normal.

Dont worry i felt exactly the same, its not really even till now that i feel properly pregnant as she has started to give me kicks that i can see from the outside.

Yes my midwife listened to HB at my 16 week appointment, if they dont you can always ask them to.

I feel the same, it is only my doppler which keeps me sane.

The MW will listen using hers at your 16 week appointment, and that will put your mind at rest for a little while :) x

Thanks ladies - I do love this site as its the sort of thing I wouldn't want to ask other people (family/ friends) as they would just look at me like I'm a nutter - knowing you guys have these same thoughts does ease my mind a bit :flower:

I will defo ask the mw to check for heartbeat if possible :)

I definitely think it's normal to worry like that. At least for me as I did the same. If it wasn't worrying over the dangers of the first trimester, it was worrying over the other potential problems that could come up after the first trimester, lol..including worrying the baby would die and I wouldn't know it. It's easier said than done to say, ''Relax and don't worry'' as I tried to tell myself that before my scan and whatnot. But it did help when I started to feel movement (which didn't start properly til 19 weeks by the way) as well as going to the midwife and hearing the heartbeat. I'm much more at ease now than before when I was waiting for movement and everything to sort of ''start happening''. I relate to how you're feeling and wish I could say something magical for you to not worry! :)

Oh yes, forgot to say - I have no real bump either...

16 weeks I felt nothing, not even sore boobs :) And I only popped around 16-17 weeks. They say that second trimester is the best because you don't feel pregnant but starting to look pregnant. Please trust me and enjoy it because in just a few weeks it will become less and less and less enjoyable :) xxxx

Oh yes, forgot to say - I have no real bump either...

Its so weird isn't it?! My weight does fluctuate but I've been a UK size 10/12/14 (depending on the shop!) for a few years and really thought that when pregnancy hit I'd be waddling along in no time - I think that's what's so weird!

Mind you my sister is a very similar shape to me and said I was exactly the same pregnancy shape too - so that was good to hear!

i totally agree 2nd tri i dont feel pregnant at all apart from my bump. symptoms ave all gone well still moody lol but all im doing is playing the waiting game till my 20week scan mw doesnt even wana see me till early feb so like you im worrying to death even posted a thread like yours praying all is ok inside me cause we just dont no... least your hear hb at mw thats amazing :happydance: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C.C. - it is strange isn't it - tbh I was fairly lucky wrt morning sickness as I only felt nauseous but all the other pains (so bad a hot water bottle was called for most evenings) have all but disappeared - what strange things our bodies do in these 9 months!!

Hey, I think we have exactly the same due date as I am 16 weeks today too :)
I started at a low-normal weight, so have gained around 11-12 lbs already and am feeling it around my mid-section. Still really don't feel pregnant, but THINK (?) there is a bump developing? I know what you mean though, can't wait for my 19 week ultrasound just so that I can see her again and reassure myself that I am pregnant!
CJ

Hey, I think we have exactly the same due date as I am 16 weeks today too :)
I started at a low-normal weight, so have gained around 11-12 lbs already and am feeling it around my mid-section. Still really don't feel pregnant, but THINK (?) there is a bump developing? I know what you mean though, can't wait for my 19 week ultrasound just so that I can see her again and reassure myself that I am pregnant!
CJ

Hey bump twin!! Its good to know we're all having similar feelings! :)

I still dont really feel pregnant sometimes. I look at my bump and have to remind myself that there really is a baby in there. I feel her moving around fairly often but i still think that my body must just be lying. I dont think i will really believe that there is a baby in there until shes out! x

I am the same. My last scan contact was at 9 weeks which just seems like such a long time ago.. I a mw appointment on Wednesday so I really hope to hear a hb then... at the moment I just feel very normal with just slightly bigger boobs and a bloated belly!

I feel the same hun. I spend my time worrying about this baby and all the things that could happen..I guess it doesnt help that I lost my daughter to stillbirth. But I know what you mean....its hard being in this part of the pregnancy (13-18ish weeks) because for most people, the symptoms have all gone and your left in limbo untill your next scan or untill you start feeling movements. I have ordered my own doppler for reassurance between scans....I dont think ill use it as much once I start feeling this baby every day...but its there if I need it and I think it may be a good idea for you to get one aswell hun?

Thinking of you x x

Hi I am 16 weeks today to and had my midwife appt today, I had convinced myself that something was wrong and wouldn't hear heartbeat, even though I still have quite bad sickness and because it's second baby a good little bump forming.

I hate how irrational I become when i'm pregnant, I am normally so level headed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->