i know it shouldn't but it gets me down..

flutterbylge

Riley's mummy & expecting
Reaction score
hello everyone.. Since I got pregnant, I lost my appetite completely, and with the morning sickness that goes on all day as well, i think i've lost some weight but obviously my belly is growing and with bloating as well,i look more like 15-16 weeks rather than 13. Also I am 23, will be 24 when they baby is here, but i have always looked quite young, i used to always get asked for id in the shop when i had vodka or beer in our trolley.. they usually say i look about 17-18, but i think its mostly because of the way i dress, have my hair and wear my make up, to me there is nothing wrong with it, i dont dress like a child, but i like simplicity and dont like to put more than an eye concealer, bit of lipgloss and a tiny bit of blusher..

I have had about 10 people now looking at me and saying what happened to you with cringing their faces and with all scratchy voice.. I dont think i have lost that much weight, but it just tipped me pver yesterday when my mum saw me on camera (she lives in turkey) and said you look like a skinny pregnant kid, she said sort yourself out, you look ridiculous..

I know i dont look ridiculous, i feel fine, but obviously i want to have my appetite back as well, i have been hungry for the last 12 weeks and i want to be able to actually eat again..

anyway sorry for blobbing, just had to spill it out.. i am off to rukey tonight for 2 weeks to see my family, so there is more of this to come...

:hug:

Aww babe, I'm afraid I don't have your problem:rofl:. I look more like an oompa loompa:blush:

You will have to get used to these silly comments, I hate people saying "ooh, you look ready to drop" when I have 2 months left yet:hissy: (they've been saying this for about 2 months too:blush::dohh:).

Most people do lose weight at the beginning of pregnancy and more than make up for it later on. My sister was pregnant last year with her 1st baby, she's 19 and everyone commented how skinny and gaunt she looked at 1st coz she's been so sick etc....in the end she put 6 stones on:saywhat:...yep 6 stones and now is struggling to get rid of it even though her baby's 1 year old now:hissy:

As for the young comments, you'd think people would be used to seeing younger or younger looking girls pregnant by now wouldn't you?:dohh:. Just smile sweetheart, I used to get mistaken for being much younger....I'm 31 now and wish I was still mistaken for being much younger:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Let them just go over your head chick....be a bigger person and be "over polite" that makes people feel guilty for making such nasty comments;)

Its perfectly normal to lose some weight if your being sick so much! Try and identify the times of day when you dont feel so sick and try and eat something nutritious in this time. You will catch up later with all the eating, trust me! Are you taking a vitamin? I would definately recommend taking a pregnancy vitamin just to supplement your diet at the moment, as I had morning sickness too and its a bitch! x

Aww hugs hun, try not to let what other people think get you down, just concentrate on staying healthy and happy xxxxxxx

Aww hun, Im sorry people are being like this. It must be hard not being able to eat but as long as the baby is healthy and you feel okay thats all that matters. I hope you have a great Christmas. Take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->