I know it's meant as a compliment...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
But it still makes me laugh when someone is like "your HOW old? No way?" OR... "YOU have a 2yr old?!"

My friend and I got into a discussion about this- as we know they are compliments, and tbh, I take them as such. But at the same time, am I suppose to look old at age 40?! Or look raggidy cause I have a young child?! :haha:

Anyone else got some good ones? :winkwink:

Lol I get this too

My one is " you scrub up well " basically implying I look like shit most days then ? :)

I know right?! It cracks me up- I really take no offense, and do see it as a compliment. I guess better than them thinking I'm my age or a rag-a-muffin... but still. Are we suppose to look old and flubby? :haha: no clue what flubby means btw- just made it up!

Lol ha I do feel flubby sometimes ( good word. ;) )

Yes though apparently we are

One I get quite often, being a chubber is "you actually have a really pretty face". Usually said randomly and out of the blue, like they hadn't realised I had a face among the fat before :lol:
Oh, thanks.. I guess!

some people are so dense! I mean really... you are beautiful btw ;) we all are- not just parts of us, but the whole us! Period.

I know the feeling! I often get told that I'm too young to have a child.. :haha:

People can never believe I'm 29. I got told last night that I look like I was about 20/21 and I have been ID'd the past couple of times I've been out in town (challange 25) I take it as a compliment :thumbup:

Me and OH look like 2 teens with a baby lol

We're 30 and 31

https://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/Jes-shortcake/Love/f35b57bced6817c9c9f048c99eb89713_zps7fa5dd26.jpg

It probably doesn't help that neither of us are tall

I always get told that I look about 15. Sometimes I'll be casually talking about Connor, and they'll be like 'you have a child?! Wow! I thought you were only 14' -.- :haha:

when i go shopping for alcohol and i havent got my daughter with me i get id'ed. i am 29 on sat. you can get wine at age 16....

Yep always get told I look really young. Other parents at my LO's nursery have thought I'm their sister because two afternoons a week my Mum picks them up so they assumed she was the Mum as I apparently don't look old enough to have two kids (I'm 22) :dohh:

I get Id'd all the time, i was mistaken for the girls sister the other week :rofl:

I was stood waiting to pay in a shop and the assistant was being really chatty. Something came up about the woman infront having kids and he looked at me and said 'you'll have kids one day'. After I told him I already did he said he was going to ask what school I went to!! :dohh: someone else told me to take that as a compliment, sorry but no lol.

I constantly get this!
When I was pregnant with Alma customers at work would ask if it was baby number 1 and when I told them she was number 3 I got told by one man.. you can't have 3 children you are only 14.. I was like actually I'm 25 (now 26) :growlmad:

I frequently get id's for lottery tickets and that is just embarrassing especially when I have all the children with me.. yes clearly I'm 15 with 3 children!

I am trying to embrace my young looking face and I'm thinking when I'm 40 at least I won't look it!

Xx

I am 27 but because I have a bigger age gap (7yrs) most people see me at baby groups or out locally with just Jade. People always SO shocked when I say I have a 8 and 10yr old. He is off to secondary and on my first visit I got asked 2 times if I was his sister. Cringe.

Honestly I think you're all lucky. Nobody ever thinks I'm younger than I am, or if they do they don't say it!

This is me and my lot (photo from March)

10011583_491986967594803_351539671_o.jpg

slightly more recent pic of me with the youngest two

1899798_531164947010338_367187007020714131_o.jpg

Sometimes people are a little rude about me having 4 kids, just because they think that's a lot of kids, but nobody ever thinks I'm too young for having had them though.

Kind of depressing really. I wish I looked young. Maybe not 14, but I wouldn't mind if a few years were shaved off!

I get Id-ed randomly, sometimes i obviously pass it and sometimes i don't! I got id-ed for a lottery ticket the other day! I soooo look over 16! I get a lot of "you look young to have two kids" i just brush it off.

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/lhancock90/10314517_10152447154459188_4633354522863745629_n_zps7f51a4b1.jpg

I bet when im a granny people think they are mine. *refuses to believe I will officially have a teenager in 3 yrs*

I get the whole young thing, always get told around eighteen. It bothers me because I have a ten year old.

Beginning of May I was stopped by PCSO's (community police type thing for those that dont know) and asked why I wasnt at school :shock: I replied that I was twenty-nine in a few days time so didnt realise school was required :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->